Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Advice Please.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Please.
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:51am

Use your own pen, not theirs!  I like what someone else said, tell them to sign your name...

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

socalmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:13pm

I refused to sign for a fedex package last week. I told the guy to leave it on the porch and sign for me (I gave him my name). He did. It wasn't an expensive freezer, but it did require a signature. 

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 8:50pm

When they arrive, and it's time to sign, give a few little dry coughs. That'll make them back off.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:40pm

If you have the room, keep the old freezer.  Turn it off, dry it out and it is a mouse-proof store.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:34pm

Good Catch Techno goggles and stool to put paper on you stay 10 feet away then let them back away 10 feet you sign you back away then they can get it.  Can't be too safe with this virus!

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:05pm

Even more important than gloves, goggles!  You can wash your hands! 

You can also get them to put the pad down for you to sign, then back away. You sign - creep away and they go and pick the pad up. Perhaps a small stool outside. (no not the kind you need toilet paper for!)

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 3:30pm

Thank you and will take your advice.

Hz 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

I decided to order a new freezer for garage as old one falling to pieces.  Cant risk it. Couldn't get one as there was none in any of the main  suppliers.   Was actually told by Currys they had over 3000 orders for freezers overnight and they only had 60 due in in 3 weeks.

Anyway I  found one in a  commercial kitchen supplier, so ordered it and they are delivering tomorrow.  I am in cold sweat wondering how to sign for it.  Its not like I can shout from a megaphone,  and they need a signature.  Worse it will be 2 of them delivering.  Anyone any idea how I should handle it.  Hz

Mask, gloves and have your own pen. Wipe the freezer down thoroughly with disinfectant before use and anything else they touch. You should be good to go Hazelpad. Good job getting a freezer when none were to be had!!!!!

What AI said!

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

I decided to order a new freezer for garage as old one falling to pieces.  Cant risk it. Couldn't get one as there was none in any of the main  suppliers.   Was actually told by Currys they had over 3000 orders for freezers overnight and they only had 60 due in in 3 weeks.

Anyway I  found one in a  commercial kitchen supplier, so ordered it and they are delivering tomorrow.  I am in cold sweat wondering how to sign for it.  Its not like I can shout from a megaphone,  and they need a signature.  Worse it will be 2 of them delivering.  Anyone any idea how I should handle it.  Hz

Mask, gloves and have your own pen. Wipe the freezer down thoroughly with disinfectant before use and anything else they touch. You should be good to go Hazelpad. Good job getting a freezer when none were to be had!!!!!

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:48pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic