Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Pasta and Rice, running out in OZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pasta and Rice, running out in OZ
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 4:26am
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:28am

You guys have really been hit with drought, fire then this crap.  I bet if your leaders ask U.S.  we would send a ship or two to of rice and pasta to help.  Our countries have stood by each other.  God bless you guys.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:39am

Thanks for that but I guess you guys will need all you can get yourselves,

"We'll be right mate"

That's an Aussie saying, 

We have plenty of fresh goods  in the local stores, here in Perth western Australia we very lucky in this situation,we only have a small population ,and plenty of farms around that export  their goods all over Asia so we will have a glut soon I think, I feel for the rest  of the country......we 3000 miles from them.... 

BONUS.....im being selfish there 

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:28am

My Aunt used to make homemade noodles with just flour and water, probably and egg and salt...they were soooooo good....the best I have ever had in my life. She would put them in soup. I miss her.
But they are easy to make. 

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:33am

You can't find rice and pasta on the grocery store shelves here either from what I read on fb

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:08pm

But Australia is a huge wheat grower. The north Island of NZ gets all it's wheat flour from Australia. You can easily make pasta. The trouble with homemade pasta is it's so delicious you can't stop eating it. I have to limit how often I make it or we'd all be fat. It's so good.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:11pm

My neighborhood store had plenty of rice and pasta on it shelves.  I keep telling you all!  Go to your little local grocer!

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

But Australia is a huge wheat grower. The north Island of NZ gets all it's wheat flour from Australia. You can easily make pasta. The trouble with homemade pasta is it's so delicious you can't stop eating it. I have to limit how often I make it or we'd all be fat. It's so good.

I don't have a pasta machine, but you dont' need it unless you're making thin spaghetti.  I like to make those big long wide ribbon noodles, in garlic and oil with parmesan!  Yum!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic