Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My 5 year old grandson in serious condition COV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

My 5 year old grandson in serious condition COV - Event Date: March 02 2020 - April 03 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: My 5 year old grandson in serious condition COV
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 4:33am

For those millions in this war who still think this isn’t a danger to the young and healthy get your head out of your****

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 4:54am

((((((((((______)))))))))))) ___________  usk

(above is a virtual coronavirus hug, ie keeping a distance)

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:20am

We are worrying with you, Usk.

Chin up pal!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:21am

Wow. It's affecting so many, closer and closer to all of us. Prayers for your family. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:22am

So sorry, Prayers.  

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:43am

Thank you. We can’t go see him. His dad is in ICU with him. Just as support. They’re starting him  my grandson on cloniquine  the anti malary drug and steroids. He just got symptoms two days ago and they said his immune system went into hyperdrive

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:44am

Please keep us updated.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:47am

Usk, my heart goes out to you.  I am praying for you..  Keep in touch.   

hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:53am

Praying 🙏🏻 

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:25am

To my fellow Virginian....hugs to you and so very sorry.  

I thought steroids were contraindicated in Covid19...but perhaps they are good for the little ones? Thank goodness they are starting him on Cloroquinine!

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:30am

Steroids depress the immune system.  It sounds as if an overactive immune system is the problem this time.  

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:10am

I think I just read a news story on your grandson on facebook! Oh my....

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:16am

Prayers that his little body responds to treatment.  Praying for you all  Usk.

Sheep Lady
JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:19am

Please God, take care of this little boy and make him well.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:32am

Prayers for you all Usk.  Keep us updated.

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:37am

Read this resesrch pn Primates  and SARs. Hope it works

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

Martin J Vincent, Eric Bergeron, [...], and Stuart T Nichol

Additional article information

Abstract

Background

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

Keywords: severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, chloroquine, inhibition, therapy

Background

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is an emerging disease that was first reported in Guangdong Province, China, in late 2002. The disease rapidly spread to at least 30 countries within months of its first appearance, and concerted worldwide efforts led to the identification of the etiological agent as SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV), a novel member of the family Coronaviridae [1]. Complete genome sequencing of SARS-CoV [2,3] confirmed that this pathogen is not closely related to any of the previously established coronavirus groups. Budding of the SARS-CoV occurs in the Golgi apparatus [4] and results in the incorporation of the envelope spike glycoprotein into the virion. The spike glycoprotein is a type I membrane protein that facilitates viral attachment to the cellular receptor and initiation of infection, and angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) has been identified as a functional cellular receptor of SARS-CoV [5]. We have recently shown that the processing of the spike protein was effected by furin-like convertases and that inhibition of this cleavage by a specific inhibitor abrogated cytopathicity and significantly reduced the virus titer of SARS-CoV [6].

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:43am

Further in vivo evaluation of this drug against 2019-nCoV infection is recommended. Notably, two compounds remdesivir (EC50 = 0.77 μM; CC50 > 100 μM; SI > 129.87) and chloroquine (EC50 = 1.13 μM; CC50 > 100 μM, SI > 88.50) potently blocked virus infection at low-micromolar concentration and showed high SI (Fig. 1a, b). Cite this article Wang, M., Cao, R., Zhang, L. et al. Remdesivir and chloroquine effectively inhibit the recently emerged novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in vitro. Cell Res 30, 269–271 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41422-020-0282-0

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:45am

Sorry when I get upset I do research to help calm myself

It looks like these docs know what to try first

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:46am

There is no known cure just things to try

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:01am

Thank you, Usk.  We are still with you.

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:06am

Thank you all for your support it is so very much appreciated 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:13am

I  (and I know I'm not alone in this)  only wish I could do more, Usk.

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:13am

Usk, my heart hurts for you, prayers for fast recovery for your grandson & strength for you and all who love him.  Long distance hugs to you and yours - please keep us all updated as best you can.

If it's to be - it's up to me!
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 1:16pm

Praying for a fast recovery  for the little guy.

keep the joy
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 1:58pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson, what terrible news. He's in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:05pm

Usk, he's in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.  Sending cyber hugs your way.  

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 4:28pm

My family's praying as well for you all.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:33pm

I’m so sorry. Please let us know how he’s doing. We’re all thinking of him.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:58pm

I am so sorry to hear.  Praying for you and your family!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:11pm

Usk, I know I can say nothing to make you truly feel better — but I am SO sorry. My family and I will be praying for your grandson every single day. 

Gdeb View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:39pm

Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 7:40pm

Originally posted by Usk Usk wrote:

For those millions in this war who still think this isn’t a danger to the young and healthy get your head out of your****

He should be able to make it through. Little kids are extraordinarily resilient. Good that he is in the hospital and fairly early on in this. When he makes it through he might have missed the worst of this.

Wish him and his parents luck.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 6:26am

All your prayers and thoughts of support and  

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE

Worked. He turned the corner last night breaking the 104 fever and his lungs except for right lower lobe is clear !!!  He should come home today to his house. Dad is still symptom free and so his is mom and older brother

Thank you again. They also used short z pac which I think is zythromycin and prednisone short 5 day course. Big sigh of relief!!

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 6:32am

Just saw it was you Turboguy. How are you?  We were worried you had not posted. So glad you are back!

Gdeb View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 7:11am

Great news, Usk!! 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 7:32am

So glad!   Glad for my friend (you Usk) glad for the little boy and glad for everyone as the treatment works for everyone it appears.

Good new at last!

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 7:57am

I am so happy for you and your family Usk!  This is great news!

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 8:03am

Happy News.  

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 8:10am

Originally posted by Usk Usk wrote:

All your prayers and thoughts of support and  

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE

Worked. He turned the corner last night breaking the 104 fever and his lungs except for right lower lobe is clear !!!  He should come home today to his house. Dad is still symptom free and so his is mom and older brother

Thank you again. They also used short z pac which I think is zythromycin and prednisone short 5 day course. Big sigh of relief!!

This is FABULOUS news, Usk!!! Praying for continued recovery for him and protection for the rest of your family. 

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:38am

Praise God! Still praying for you all!

Sheep Lady
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:44am

Praise The Lord, he is better!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 10:16am

mwbab View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwbab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 12:18pm

That is good news glad he is improving

CST View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:09pm

Prayers, for you little one.  

Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 6:08am

So glad he is getting beter!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic