Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

4 from one family all dead???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 from one family all dead???
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:12pm

I wonder if they had the L strain rather than the S strain?  No one is talking about what strains people have, that is important I think because if Italy has the L strain and we have the L strain we are in trouble. 

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:03pm

They simply picked the wrong time to have a family gathering during a viral outbreak. 

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-she-lost-her-mother-two-brothers-and-a-sister-within-a-week/ar-BB11tulv?li=AAggFp4

Ok, what is it within this family that makes them so suseptible?  This is four of the nine Jersey cases all in one family... odds are way out there to me, I feel like I'm missing something here...

Many groups, Italians included, are very affectionate with kids and young adults....older women (grandma) kiss kids right on the lips (I grew up with that, kind of gross!), and kids are being shown to carry the virus and transmit the illness with NO symptoms.  

This is based upon analysis I've read about the experience in Italy....younger adults who are carriers have slaughtered their elders.  

No more baci e abbracci

The famous Italian habit of kissing and hugging friends and acquaintances (and in some areas, people you've just met) will have to stop for the next month, the committee has decreed. Handshakes are out, too.

CRS, DrPH
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 12:23pm

Many reports of family clusters in china, it was a thing.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 11:59am

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-she-lost-her-mother-two-brothers-and-a-sister-within-a-week/ar-BB11tulv?li=AAggFp4

Ok, what is it within this family that makes them so suseptible?  This is four of the nine Jersey cases all in one family... odds are way out there to me, I feel like I'm missing something here...

If it's to be - it's up to me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic