Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

USA national quarantine coming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA national quarantine coming
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 8:59pm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/breaking-trump-eyes-2-week-quarantine-only-drug-grocery-stores-open

I have to be honest this absolutely terrifies me!  A two week quarantine will do nothing.   There is no tenable end game that I can see.  I fear a longer period will lead to nothing short of full economic collapse and revolution.

Maybe I sound heartless but even considering a worst case scenario of loosing a couple million lives is less important than destroying our entire way of life.   People live and they die.  It is the way it is.   The Spanish Flu was allowed to run through the population, many died, but soon as it was over life went right back to normal.

This is the greatest time to be alive on earth.   Our forefathers fought to give us this standard of life that we take for granted.  Our leaders are contemplating decisions that nobody can possibly understand the possible outcomes.

The virus makes me very nervous, however I am terrified of the governments reaction.

Give me liberty or give me death!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:09pm

Wow, I've talked about it as a possibility, but wow if this is legitimate. It is just the Washington Examiner, though, so I don't give it that much credibility. 

DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:15pm

I don't know if I trust the source either...   but  things are moving fast.   I don't think it is difficult to see the trajectory and make and educated guess on where it leads.

DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 9:21pm

My take on this...   if you study economics our fractional reserve monetary system has always been destined for collapse.   Disease is not the only area in our life that exponents are at work in.    They also happen in money.   With the exponential rise in the cost of health care  our government will probably be broke in a few years anyways.    The powers that be found a scapegoat and will destroy everything on their time.  

I am sorry to be all doom and gloom but this is the only outcome I can see right now based on what is happening.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:40pm

I think it will start out as a two week quarantine, then be extended to a month, maybe even 6 weeks. Our schools closed down state wide until April 6th, they are already talking about not returning until next school year. Some states have already made that decision.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:43pm

Well, I do not believe any kids will go back to school middle of April it will just be getting going then.  Parents are going to lose their minds with their kids home for so long and no going out to friends house.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 11:21pm

yes it is coming. A 6 to 8 week national shutdown.  It is going to be chaotic and quite messy. But once the deaths start mounting they will have no choice.  The death rate will be alarming and high. I hope to god I am wrong.  This feels like 1918 and we are going to be punished by covid 19. 

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 11:52pm

very high probability, I had 2 customers call to cancel work, because family in the military, and the other a sister in the military said it was coming this weekend.....but there are viral rumors out there right now.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/ Is not exactly the last source i want to use before sealing the bunker door tho.

In any case, keep your S**T tight, because It's going to get bumpy......local Ammo is running out here......

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
socalmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 12:29am

I'm in California. Our governor has pretty much ordered this for the entire state. Many people are still not cooperating with it. My brother works for a local college. They've sent the students home, they've sent most of the staff  home. My brothers boss refuses to let their department work from home (which they can do easily, way more easily than the rest of the departments).  My brother has underlying health conditions. So does his wife and children. He is more than stressed. 

My gardener says he's coming tomorrow to mow our lawn. I told him he doesn't have to come, it's not critical. He said another one of his clients is a police officer who told him it's fine since he's outside. Maybe that's true since we're allowed to take walks outside as long as we stay away from others (?). 

My husband still has to go to work. His employer says they are essential, which may be true because they provide an important service to other essential services (banks, gas stations, etc). I was hoping he could stay home. I don't like him going out there. My husband and I both have underlying conditions too. 

I worry about all my family. I worry about everyone. I get so depressed. 

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:13am

It seems to be the college students in every country who are flouting the guidelines for covid 19. In the US you've got the spring break, here there's just been huge St Patricks day student parties, in Oz they've had to shut Sydney's Bondi beach because the students just won't take this seriously. 

I can definitely see a stay at home order being delivered to us here, the prime minister hinted at it today in a live broadcast. Hopefully it will make a difference. I've been out to the shed where we have a stack of old jigsaws and I've selected a few we could do on the dining table. I'm seriously considering putting up my Christmas decorations if we are forced to stay at home to cheer us all up.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 5:09am

Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

My take on this...   if you study economics our fractional reserve monetary system has always been destined for collapse.   Disease is not the only area in our life that exponents are at work in.    They also happen in money.   With the exponential rise in the cost of health care  our government will probably be broke in a few years anyways.    The powers that be found a scapegoat and will destroy everything on their time.  

I am sorry to be all doom and gloom but this is the only outcome I can see right now based on what is happening.

There are many things at play here, this virus as stated numerous times is not a slate wiper, isn't 'that bad' per say when looking at total picture.   The USA is already broke (so are we so don't feel bad - you're not the only ones!)… https://usdebtclock.org/

If it's to be - it's up to me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic