Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Put up your Christmas decorations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Glupa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Long term valued member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Put up your Christmas decorations
    Posted: March 22 2020 at 10:56pm

Since we love Christmas we still have our tree up in the living room and a smaller one in the place we sit the most. The outdoor decs are down but if this stays like I think it will putting them back up sounds grand. 

nzdad View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 2:25am

well,today i picked the grapes that are seasonally the last to ripen on the vine,and made a wine must out of what i picked.

should be good for a 30 litre demijohns worth of grape wine. no yeast required,the way our ancient ancestors made it,as i have trained myself for total grid down bread and winemaking,so pretty chuffed about that.

tomorrow,i plan to pick even more grapes,and put them in the oven to make raisins out of them. i want to make use of the oven while our power is on,and still reliable.

raisins will keep for a few months,and i will use them to make fruit loaf.

no christmas decorations up for us,our family are still in good spirits despite being SIP since early january , and i dont expect the virus to peak locally for at least several months yet,

thanks. stay safe everybody :)

prepare for the worst,hope for the best.
interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 12:46am

In Idaho, snow finally melted enough last week for me to take down the Christmas lights. I don't think I can bring myself to put them up again. Thinking it might be better to put up Halloween decorations like this,,, LOL

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
CST View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 7:28pm

We have put white lights on our bushes at our entrance.  Will try and post later what some of our neighbors and local residents have done.  Unites us I think.

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:02pm

Love it!

Sheep Lady
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 4:17am

Someone has been hoarding eggs - but if you have some, you can blow (through  small hole each end) the insides out, use them for scrambled eggs,  then you have egg shells to paint.  

[if the hole is the egg is tiny, then your children can spend a lot of time blowing!   But if they try too hard they might accidently crush the egg]

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:56am

Now there is a good idea!  Put up an Easter tree!  If children at home, busy them with crafting Easter ornaments!  

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:22am

We haven’t taken the ones on our balcony down yet 

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 2:41am

I can see the value of doing it. However, I feel that for me it would be best to wait closer to the time to have something to look forward to.    But I am seriously considering if I should start making Christmas goods like Christmas pudding and (English style rich fruit) Christmas Cake - both of which would keep to December (that is if we don't eat it earlier).

Anyway, almost time to get out the Easter decorations.

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:24am

I'm doing it too...

Love it

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:15am

I'm seriously considering putting up our Christmas decorations if we're forced to have a stay at home quarantine. We love Christmas and always have 3 weeks at home with no work over the holidays. We play Christmas music and watch old movies and generally feast. I'm thinking we might do the same in the event of a lockdown. It would cheer us up and put us in a more relaxed state of mind.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic