Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

My Daughter has symptoms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Daughter has symptoms
    Posted: March 21 2020 at 8:06am

She works in a busy ED in Jacksonville, FL and was told she had a confirmed exposure case at work. She started running a fever and had other symptoms yesterday.  She went to one of the 'drive thru' testing sites this morning open for people over 65 and healthcare workers and first responders.  She got there early and there was a long line - with a lot of fire fighters and first responders. My other daughter's husband is a firefighter paramedic. He's on the front lines today. :(

My daughter didn't have much tylenol so I told them to swing by my house on their way home and I'd have some stuff ready for them.  In my mind, I keep repeating that she is young and healthy (she's 23) and that odds are she'll just have a mild case and will be fine - and when her hubby gets it, odds are he'll be fine, too.  But seeing her in the car and not being able to hug her was very hard.  We live in a semi-rural area - we have an acre and a half, my 82 year old mom lives next door on 3 acres.  When my daughter and her husband pulled up, my mom was outside on her riding lawnmower (that's how she likes to get around outside).  So my daughter is crying in the car, I'm crying on the sidewalk and my mom is crying on her lawnmower.  :(

Meanwhile, there are Adult Arcades (adult video gambling places - they are total dives) in my county (nearest one is 2 miles from our home) that have PACKED parking lots! These idiots drive to my county because Jacksonville banned them a few months ago.  Jacksonville has closed restaurant dining - can only do drive through or delivery.  They closed the beaches.  Most businesses are closed.  My company with over 3,000 people has fully transitioned to working from home.  But the fools at the Adult Arcades are still there!  Probably more than before this started because so many are out of work right now.  I've reached out to our county commissioners, the health department and have even reached out to Governor Desantis. 

People need to stay home. Seriously. 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 8:34am

Prayers LC!  Chances are she will be fine.  Please keep us informed.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:11am

Adding you to our prayer circle if that is ok. All the best for speedy recovery!!  I am sure she will be fine. Try more vit C it might shorten the time if she doesnt have access to z pac and hydrooxychlorquine

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:36am

Prayers for you and your family.  The life of health care workers and emergency personnel is hell right now; in their favor is the fact they know how to take care of themselves and what to look for if things worsen.  

Sheep Lady
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:47am

Prayers for your daughter, my son is 26 and still working at a retail shop.  Pray he is ok.  She is like my son young and healthy keep the faith.

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 9:57am

Prayers for a speedy recovery for your daughter and safe keeping for SIL - may they both have MANY happy healthy years ahead of them!   I have a niece who is in medical field - not front line currently but feel she'll either get pushed there or volunteer - pray she can avoid this, and praying for all the front line workers!

If it's to be - it's up to me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic