Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Fokushima and the new corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willimczik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fokushima and the new corona virus
    Posted: March 21 2020 at 11:10am

Only questions…

Is the new corona virus covid 19 not only a mutation of an old corona virus?

Can it confirmed that the outbreak started at a fish market selling fresh fish cached in the Pacific ocean near Japan?

Is it not well known that radioactive radiation generates mutations in the RNA and DNA?

Is it not a fact that a nuclear power station emptied it’s radioactive content in the Pacific Ocean 9 years ago?

How much time is necessary to generate a mutation on a virus?

Can a fish – or a group of fish - swim the distance from Japan to China?

Was it forbidden after the nuclear disaster to eat fish etc from the Pacific for the next hundreds of years?

Is this how the Ocean is giving us back what we put in before?

https://flipbooks.whoi.edu/2331/3058/6736/oceanus50n1/index.html

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 11:20am

Probably not - this time.

It probably comes from the virus which most closely resembles it in RNA.  That is a bat infesting coronavirus (common cold for bats).  So this one is a mutation of a bat virus............. Probably!     

It also shares some RNA with HIV, a snake virus and a few even smaller bits with others.  As the RNA in common is much less, they are much less likely to be the pre-mutation source.  But none of those are impossible.

I don't think it shares an appreciable or significant amount of RNA with any aquatic or marine organisms.

But the next plague?  Who knows?

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 5:00pm

Mike Osterholm says it's a virus from the pangolin.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 5:04pm

There were a bunch of pangolins who died just at the start of the virus in Wuhan.  But after much genetic testing the scientists concluded that they were among the virus victims, not the source thereof.

This does not mean it was not from pangolins, just that the bats are more likely.  I'm sorry it was not the pangolins, It might save them from extinction if a few more people left them alone.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic