Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

States On Lock Down Post Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: States On Lock Down Post Here
    Posted: March 21 2020 at 2:39pm

Post if you do not see a state that is one Lock Down.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 2:40pm

California

New York

Illinois  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:13pm

Connecticut:   

• Directs all non-essential businesses and not-for profit entities in Connecticut to prohibit all in-person functions effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.; and
  • Requires a coordinated effort between the State of Connecticut and its municipalities when responding to this emergency.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 3:27pm

New Jersey:

Coronavirus updates: Murphy orders residents to stay home as New Jersey reaches 1,327 cases, 16 deaths

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 12:27pm

Louisiana

Ohio 

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 5:46pm

I'd replied to this post yesterday, but it appears to have disappeared.  ????  

New Mexico is close... bars and restaurants closed except for takeout, no more than 10 people in one place, many retail stores closed.

Our number of cases went up this weekend, so I'm guessing it's coming in the next few days.  

Emswally View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emswally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:22am

The US should've been locked down weeks ago to get ahead of it.  I've seen 

it firsthand now transporting patients and you don't want to get this.  Watching

someone struggle to get enough air in is beyond scary --- nothing you can do for 

them.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:26am

Why would you lock down Wyoming with 28 people in the whole state and it is a big state.  It will have to be state by state. No all out shut down.  New York city is a mass of people it is going to be bad there no matter what.  People are piled one on top of the other just different for each state so no total shut down other than what the President has asked.

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:44pm

ttps://news.yahoo.com/travelers-told-self-quarantine-arriving-210754547.html

New Yorkers are suppose to self quarantine for 2 weeks when leaving city.

keep the joy
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:47pm

Don't you think if the shutdown is not America wide people will Flee to the unlockdowned cities.....

Spreading the virus all over......

We have Locked down the whole of Western Australia ,a State of 2million people ,in which you could fit, 

The whole of UK, Japan And Texas......

Our state is bigger than half of the USA

https://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/mind-boggling-australian-maps

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 4:05pm

Wouldn't be wise for the Federal Government to totally over rule the states. 

keep the joy
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:22pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Don't you think if the shutdown is not America wide people will Flee to the unlockdowned cities.....

Spreading the virus all over......

We have Locked down the whole of Western Australia ,a State of 2million people ,in which you could fit, 

The whole of UK, Japan And Texas......

Our state is bigger than half of the USA

https://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/mind-boggling-australian-maps

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population 

2 million is'nt  that many  for that area.

keep the joy
AandEM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:35pm

Indiana- midnight tonight. 

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:49pm

New Mexico was official as of 8am this morning. 

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 9:20am

Oklahoma as of 11:59 tonight. Some counties and towns have already previously done this, but now it's a state thing. I've been off work since the 18th. 

interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 12:48pm

Idaho stay at home order for all residents state-wide effective immediately for the next 21 days.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
MamaBear4 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaBear4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 6:27pm

El Paso County, CO.  Mandatory stay at home policy till April 11. Violators may face misdemeanor charges with a $1,000 and/or up to a 180-day jail sentence.

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 8:13pm

Houston, TX (pop. 6M) and surrounding counties are on lockdown thru April 10. Here’s the total cases for Houston and the surrounding areas.

birdgirl View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 5:27pm

New Hampshire today through May 4th

Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 7:20pm

Alaska, as of 5pm today. 

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by Thorne! Thorne! wrote:

Alaska, as of 5pm today. 

Alaska doesn't strike me as a hot spot for this - I know they are crazy busy in summer with cruises (but not this time of year), have they had many cases or are they locking down as a pre-emptive strike as I'd think (like our North) there are fairly limited medical resources?

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 7:55pm

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Alaska, as of 5pm today. 

Alaska doesn't strike me as a hot spot for this - I know they are crazy busy in summer with cruises (but not this time of year), have they had many cases or are they locking down as a pre-emptive strike as I'd think (like our North) there are fairly limited medical resources?

This is the analogy for how most states/.govs are playing.. . . I sent this to State leadership (remember, Alaska travels by wheel and float plane): 

The appropriate analogy for the planning occurring in the United States vis-a-vis waiting for confirmation of cases from a broken testing system (have no doubt about the state of testing in the U.S.) is thus: They are flying IFR through the mountains, knowing their compass and altimeter is broken. Yet their plan is to land the plane after they hit a mountain.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 8:30pm

Kansas as of Monday March 30.  Stay at home order.  

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 5:03am

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Alaska, as of 5pm today. 

Think of all the fishermen and other seasonal fishin industry workers who live in Washington State and work in Alaska.  I've said this once, I'll say it again... if New York had shut down when we had very few cases, we wouldn't be in the pickle we're in now.  

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 11:41am
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 12:39pm

Finally!  Friends in Florida have been very worried about this.  Are there any states that have not yet locked down?

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:16pm

Gov. Wolf finally quits pee-potting around and puts all of PA under stay-at-home:

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2020/04/01/why-wolf-extended-stay-at-home-order.html

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:17pm

Florida waited way too long, very concerned they are the next hot spot.

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
RedTea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 8:50pm

Missouri has finally acted. We begin Monday, the 6th.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 9:51pm

Originally posted by RedTea RedTea wrote:

Missouri has finally acted. We begin Monday, the 6th.

Well FINALLY, my mother and sister are in MO.  I could not believe they were not locked down yet.  Not much testing there either.  My sister is running around like things are normal....I bet she gets it or my brother  in law gets it they both go grocery shopping 5 days a week, oh the other day she was in Lowes getting batteries.   You Can't Fix Stupid!

RedTea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 2:59pm

My county has been on a stay-at-home order for a couple of weeks already, and it doesn't seem to make much of a dent. My husband and I are still going out because we are essential workers, and there are just people everywhere. It seems that everyone thinks that everything is essential. Freakin' Show Me State. What town is your family in? Before the state order a lot of places had city or county restrictions that varied widely. Kansas City area had the strongest one, and the most compliance. There still aren't massive punishments, and a lot of things are still open. There is no restriction on how often one can go out to get essential things. Almost all of the restaurants are still open, some operating at a loss, even the expensive niche ones; they are all carry-out or delivery though, but it is encouraging people to still go out! My husband is a chef at one of those nicer places, and he is upset that broiled lobster tail is an essential service.  I am envious of the locations that have shut down restaurants in favor of only grocery stores. 

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 3:02pm

My family is in St. Louis and they do not seem to get it either.  When it gets bad they will get it.

Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2020 at 3:55am

From what I have heard, the grocery stores would not be able to keep up if the restaurants all closed.  Americans eat out so much that we need to keep restaurants in the loop just to keep up the supply.  That might be why we are seeing shortages in the grocery stores, they have way more business than normal.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic