Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Graph based on population

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ksc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graph based on population
    Posted: March 22 2020 at 12:22am

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 3:39am

That graph gives some idea of the explosive nature of this beast.   

However,  it is hard to draw too much from it, as we know many countries have being very reluctant to test - so the flatter lines from places like South Korea and Singapore gives strong indication that "the curve can be flattened", but the lines from Iran and the USA probably are flat because of limited testing.  

I have a database system that I enter country data in daily, but it is clear when comparing neighbouring countries that there is llimited testing going on in many countries.   Italy is showing about 800 cases per million,  but the small state of San Marino (bang in the middle of the worst hit area in Italy) is showing over 5 000 cases per million (and nearly 500 deaths per millon).  

ksc View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 4:18am

I agree. Unfortunately a more accurate graph would be deaths per million population. I've been following this site so you could create something along the lines of positives per number tested US only). 

https://covidtracking.com/data/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic