Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

So since I can't get hydroxychloroquine...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So since I can't get hydroxychloroquine...
    Posted: March 22 2020 at 9:26am

I've been reading up how it apparently works (correct me if I am wrong about any of this).  The drug allows zinc to penetrate the cell membrane, which interferes with virus replication inside the cell.  

So the question is this.  DMSO as far as I know penetrates the cell membrane.  At least I read that it does.  And it is an excellent carrier of like, everything.  So if you mix it in with a liquid zinc vitamin supplement and take it orally, would you think it would be able to carry it throughout the body and at least get into a significant number of cells?  Or am I completely wrong (most likely lol).  

But the idea sounded intriguing, and I have literally bottles of DMSO laying around here, use them on myself when I hurt my knee real bad and also for the horses.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 10:54am

Probably not.  Penetrating the cell membrane is not sufficient to take zinc in.  It has to open ionophores in the cell surface, which chloroquine does but I do not think DMSO does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIymfznD7YA

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
bobisavirgin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 11:11am

Doesn't surprise me, but I had to throw it out there.  I know I've read about people mixing it with other things to increase absorption.  I can't verify the safety or efficacy of doing that either of course.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 11:13am

Being a solvent it probably does help stuff enter the body.  But the blood stream is not enough, it has to go into the cells and that is a different process.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 11:17am

I know how to describe it!!

The ionophore is a tiny hole on the surface of the cell - think of it as a mouth.

Things disolve in water and the cell drinks them.

But some compounds taste bad even though they are necessary  (cod liver oil anyone?)!  Chloroquine sweetens the taste and the cells then deliberately drink.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 2:20pm

That's a very creative description.  :)

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 3:34pm

To get zinc, or any other metal, into cells without using drugs, the metals need to be chelated.  Chelation is quite a complicated chemical subject involving charged particles.  

But a simplification would be to say the metal must be in an organic compound (involving carbon) and this enables the cell to grab hold of it to take it in. (If the ionophore is a mouth, this is sticking cocktail sticks in the canape/metal ion so the cell can grab it.  If the cell is starving for the metal it will pick it up and eat it anyway, but the rest of the time, if it is only hungry, it is too microscopically polite to pick up the food without the stick.)

A couple of examples of chelated zinc are, zinc picolinate and zinc citrate.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 6:27am

Okay, some new stuff to run by you good folks.  

https://sci-hub.tw/https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25050823

Things that also work at opening the zinc ionophores.  And the quercetin is a supplement that you can buy online.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic