Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Obama Did Not Replace Used Masks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama Did Not Replace Used Masks
    Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:53am

Report: Obama Admin Depleted Stockpile of N95 Masks, Never Restored

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/23/report-obama-admin-depleted-stockpile-of-n95-masks-never-restored/?fbclid=IwAR3h7lekIbj_y3gNH3lZqWLYxmE9ehycDKFXJAwg_qmdUj5gRrhULlpYxfo

Bloomberg News reported similar findings last week, noting, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 1:04pm

^Yep.  I was very critical of the Obama administration handling of the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic, and this is correct. 

Here is the problem: no politicians like to pay for public health.  Prevention doesn't get votes, unlike Medicaid, food programs etc.  So PH programs are always trimmed/cut back/robbed to pay for pet projects.  Both parties do it.  

Under Pres. George W. Bush, a lot of money was spent on Homeland Security.  However, we never had another terrorist attack, and polticians figured it was all a waste.  Hospitals had all sorts of masks, ventilators etc. that became out of date, I'm sure a ton of unused masks were just tossed in the trash due to expiration of use dates. 

Well, now we see where this lack of preparation leads us. Every scientist I know has been screaming for years that another pandemic was likely.  Did the politicians care?  Nope.  Trump needed his wall, Dems needed public services right now for the poor.  That's the way of life in the US of A. 

CRS, DrPH
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 1:05pm

Yup.  I remember that.  And I remember the criticism of Obama handling or failings in handling the H1N1 pandemic.  I was one of them.  But I don't remember Obama blaming another administration for his failures.  

"It’s Obama’s fault? Shortly before Trump’s inauguration, the Obama administration held a high-level briefing with incoming Trump officials to prepare them for a pandemic. In 2018, Trump slashed the high-level pandemic-response office he inherited."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-coronavirus-hospital-masks-blames-obama-ppe.html

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 1:12pm

Ok so why is everyone blaming President Trump for no masks?????   LOL Obama blamed Bush for everything that went wrong...LOL you don't remember that!!!!

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 1:28pm

Maybe it's because trump has had 3 YEARS to Replace them, and while we saw it coming  here on AFT

He was saying it was a Democratic plot.....on video..... 

now he saying the Chinese didn't tell all, he's trying to push the blame  away from himself, 

He's undone enough of Obama's polices  ,he could have easily replaced the masks....

And this Should be in the political posts......

I deleted most of what I was going to say, because 

THIS IS NOT the time or the place for the BLAME GAME 

it's time to pull together......

And please keep it in the political posts,i don't even look there any more......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 2:51pm

Honestly!  Really?!

Obama could have left things better, Trump could have made them better. 

Does it really matter who we blame now?

Back Trump for now, even if you hate him.  We need unity to fight this.  

........  And I'll try to get behind Boris  

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 3:20pm

When we bought our house it was quite run down and the previous owner hadn't painted it. When we took it over, we painted it and in fact we fully renovated it. I don't live in a scummy house and blame the previous owner for the state of it, instead I just got on and brought it up to our standard. Trump has had ample opportunity to do the same. He's just chosen not to.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 3:58pm

Hi Carbon, I believe you asked for reminders...   calling him Chump is not coming together.   

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by Lakeman5 Lakeman5 wrote:

Hi Carbon, I believe you asked for reminders...   calling him Chump is not coming together.   

They can't stop the hate! 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:22pm

Sorry,

the whole post just annoyed me, shall amend....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Originally posted by Lakeman5 Lakeman5 wrote:

They can't stop the hate! 

I'm not sure which is worse.... passing the blame in a partisan way... or name calling.    You started this FluMom.  This post should not have been in general discussion.  It should have been in politics only because of the partisan blame game.  Please stop.  You're a Chief Moderator, for heaven's sake!  

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 4:32am

Currently I support the idea of advocating Trump, but Witchy has you bang-to-rights there, FluMom.

Now who can't stop the hate?

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Yup.  I remember that.  And I remember the criticism of Obama handling or failings in handling the H1N1 pandemic.  I was one of them.  But I don't remember Obama blaming another administration for his failures.  

"It’s Obama’s fault? Shortly before Trump’s inauguration, the Obama administration held a high-level briefing with incoming Trump officials to prepare them for a pandemic. In 2018, Trump slashed the high-level pandemic-response office he inherited."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-coronavirus-hospital-masks-blames-obama-ppe.html

Lol 0bama blamed Shrub, Shrub blamed Slick Willy, on and on ad infinitum. 

American memories are short. 

All that said, the best part of waking up is knowing Hillary lost to Trump. God the salt mines from that one have been deep and productive. I personally don't care either way other than being able to troll one side or the other. 

Now? Now the Berniebots are getting both barrels. Oh their righteous indignation is soooo delicious. I wish I could bottle it and season every dish and drink with their salty tears. 

And when Joe "I don't even know where I pooped" Biden gets trounced by the other dumbass, there will be salty tears forever. 

My only fear is that Congress would actually work with Biden. I don't want them screwing up anything else. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 2:59pm

No that's only what the bobble heads on Fox News tells you.  

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:16pm

Good thing that millions more Americans watch the bobble heads than the rest of the MSM hacks.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:13pm

Fox - Fox Entertainment Group
MSNBC - NBCUniversal News Group
CNN - Turner Broadcasting
Bloomberg - Bloomberg Business Week

See anything glaring and obvious?  I'll help.  Even Rupert Murdoch said Fox was an entertainment channel...  

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:21pm

Fox News is a subsidiary of Fox Entertainment. Fox News has news shows and opinion shows. Fox News channel beats every other network (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:47pm

And when Joe "I don't even know where I pooped" Biden gets trounced by the other dumbass, there will be salty tears forever. 

My only fear is that Congress would actually work with Biden. I don't want them screwing up anything else. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL Turbo that is so true.  I have some problems with Trump too...he is a true egotist but better than Dementia Biden.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:56pm

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:53pm

This is NOT the politics forum. Come on you guys, this board is getting unbearable. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic