Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Is this overblown?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this overblown?
    Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:22pm

Trump in the briefing today said that the flu is far worse, and more people die in car accdients.   

Clear White House message - is that the flu is worse and this is overblown. 

Not sure what to think.  Is Trump correct, and yes he is major conman lol, but is he doing a con or is thing basically over as he claims?  Would love for this to be over as he is saying. 

Any thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:32pm

I would find it difficult to predict the road fatality road for the next Year. However, based on tried and tested variables, I could possibly estimate the number based on historical charts. At the Year's end, I could reconcile the data.

Does that help ?

Location - Rural location in Hampshire, England
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:43pm

It's a "Novel" virus that causes lung lesions,

It's not the same as the flu,The flu is still happening

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 4:51pm

Obvously that is 100% wrong*.  I don't know if he is trying to be re-assuring, playing stupid or just being really stupid.  But again, you are stuck with him for now, so make the best of it and support him.  Any other approach is self defeating.

*In defiance of normal mathematics, I could make an argument for that being 1000% wrong:

1000% = 10 X  

This bug is going to kill 10 X as many as seasonal flu

∴  that statement = 1000% wrong.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 5:17pm

It's all tough to tell.  In today's briefing, Trump made it clear the flu is worse, and basically everything is worse.   Yes, he is an impeached Prez and major conman, but what he did all today barely fell short of calling it a hoax and giving "the all clear".  Not sure what to think. 

I'm sure as hell not prepping now lol... and going to use my current preps.   Hope he is not doing a con again in all of this, 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 5:26pm

Look everyone is on his butt for listening to the Doctors and closing down the country.  So I say after the 7 days left open it up.  If people die because they whined enough for money so be it.  The man is doing his best to make everyone happy and no one is happy so let everyone in every state do what they want.  Go back to school, go back to work if they die they die.  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 5:36pm

Well, in the briefing today, all I got is that the flu is worse, and so are car accidents lol.     I'm sure as hell not prepping whatsoever now.   I have already spent too much money prepping, and if Trump says it's overblown and basically nothing and the flu is far worse, not choice but to trust him.    I hardly ever get the flu.... so not sure why I would prep for something far less severe.  

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Trump in the briefing today said that the flu is far worse, and more people die in car accdients.   

Not sure what to think.  Is Trump correct, and yes he is major conman lol, but is he doing a con or is thing basically over as he claims?  Would love for this to be over as he is saying. 

Any thoughts?

I think this is *WAY* overblown. 

That's not to say that it isn't serious, but the thing is that for the vast majority of people this is little more than an influenza.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
cindylouflu View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindylouflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 5:48pm

There is a lot of focus on death rates which of course matters.  However, the 20% hospitalization rate is the most worrying.  The death rate will be much higher if these people don't get help and they won't if the hospital systems are overrun.   Never mind the usual car accidents, flu, heart attacks, etc.  In my area the system is strained, medical professionals are begging for proper equipment, a field hospital is being set up, and a neighbor got hauled off by medics in hazmat suits.  The economy matters too, just not sure how you balance both at the same time.  

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:24pm

I dunno... cases here in NY  were  20,875  this morning with 400 dead.   NY alone has 5% of the world-wide cases.  Doesn't feel like just the flu to me...

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:32pm

It is not the flu...this is a killer but people don't want to SIP they want their jobs back they want their  cushy  lives back and the press wants Trump to make a misstep so they can hound him.  Put that all in the bowl and mix it up and we will have to wait to see who wins this the greedy/cushy people or the doctors who see a freight train coming down the tracks!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:41pm

Don't be tricked by normalcy bias and gaslighting.  You're too smart for that..

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:42pm

Also don't we think perhaps he was trying to light a fire under Congress' @$$?

DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:56pm

We STILL don't know what the denominator is.  We keep hearing reports that maybe even a majority of cases are asymptomatic.   Only the sick are being tested.   We need to test the population at large.    Antibody tests would also be a huge help.

Case in point.... by far South Korea has done the most testing, and as a result they have the lowest CFR.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 6:59pm

Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Any thoughts?

That's not to say that it isn't serious, but the thing is that for the vast majority of people this is little more than an influenza.

Hi  Turbo my friend, 

Question - did you ever test positive for COVID-19?  Never heard about the final results.   Did you just have the flu?    

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 7:10pm

I am having a very hard time understanding this crap.  Ok, we haven't even reached the exponential peak yet and everyone wants to call this off ?  Italy has not even reached it's peak yet.   I don't believe that you guys would drop your guards.  We are three weeks away from the peak here..  Have aliens gotten into your bodies ?   You are all making a huge mistake in  thinking that this is over blown.  It is not, we have a  novel virus with many deadly ways ot kill you. it Is 3x as contagious as the flu and you want to stop prepping ? 

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 7:24pm

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

I am having a very hard time understanding this crap.  Ok, we haven't even reached the exponential peak yet and everyone wants to call this off ?  Italy has not even reached it's peak yet.   I don't believe that you guys would drop your guards.  We are three weeks away from the peak here..  Have aliens gotten into your bodies ?   You are all making a huge mistake in  thinking that this is over blown.  It is not, we have a  novel virus with many deadly ways ot kill you. it Is 3x as contagious as the flu and you want to stop prepping ? 

I agree at this point in time. I looked at numbers for Italy. The flu stat I could find was 68,000 for 5 years ('13-17 I think it was) so 13,600/yr.  UNLESS they are saying 65k/yr but they didn't make it clear and it sounded like that was 'for the 5 years'... so thinking 13,600/yr - if flu season is 6 mos long - that's  2266/mos or if it's 4 mos long that's 3400/mos.  They've lost over 5000 this month so that's from 2.1x to 1.6x approx. a flu month.   I think we're just heading into the tornado.... and people better be ready to hang on!   I'm HOPING this is all overblown, but a lot have said from the very beginning of this - it's the other fall out from it that is truly going to change our lives/livelyhoods and cause much more damage.  I am having a hard time balancing what the government is/isn't doing with the numbers we're seeing - just not sure what the true agenda is here!

If it's to be - it's up to me!
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 7:38pm

Trump Considers Reopening Economy, Over Health Experts’ Objections

Officials have said the federal government’s initial 15-day period for social distancing is vital to slowing the spread of the virus, which has already infected more than 40,000 people in the United States. But Mr. Trump and a chorus of conservative voices have begun to suggest that the shock to the economy could hurt the country more than deaths from the virus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-considers-reopening-economy-over-health-experts-objections/ar-BB11Byry?ocid=msedgntp

Read this it will help you understand what Trump is going though.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 7:49pm

ok, now I get it , You are all scared of the economic aspect and therefore have gotten cold feet about the data and the curve.  You would rather have thousands die than wreck our economy.  This is really sad, it is not the flu.  You are really hoping it will blow over and we can return to leave it to beaver ?    Don't think so,  This virus Is a tough one and  we have no natural immunity to it .  This scares you to death and you are now looking for a way to denial.  This virus has just started its march.   Is this because Trump has decided  to end the emergency AFTER  14 days because of the economic aspects?   If this is how you all really feel then I am out of here.  This site has become a rah rah trump site. I am sorry, but I would rather look at the evidence and see the explosive growth of this virus.   The price of public health is high when people don't plan ahead , have a  haphazard plan when the do and  fail to put people first over special interests.  

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

We STILL don't know what the denominator is.  We keep hearing reports that maybe even a majority of cases are asymptomatic.   Only the sick are being tested.   We need to test the population at large.    Antibody tests would also be a huge help.

Case in point.... by far South Korea has done the most testing, and as a result they have the lowest CFR.

There is NO WAY they're going to make 300 million+ test kits and test the entire population. That is crazy. 

The other problem with that idea is that theyre not going to have the ability to test every man, woman, and child at the same time. You could get tested today and catch it tomorrow from someone else who hasn't been tested yet, that's a wasted test, now you get sick and get tested again, hey two tests and now we start second guessing whether or not the tests work in the first place. 

The real rub with this thing is that some people have zero symptoms and everyone who gets it is asymptomatic for a week, yet shedding virus infecting others and they have no idea. 

Testing everyone in the U.S. is not logistically, mathematically, or even were it possible, would be a colossal waste of time and resources. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
cindylouflu View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cindylouflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 8:33pm

ME163, I do not think this is overblown.  I agree with you, the horses have barely left the gate and we're calling it a day.   I have zero confidence and will fend for myself accordingly.   Hope you will stick around.  

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 8:39pm

Any thoughts?

Hi  Turbo my friend, 

Question - did you ever test positive for COVID-19?  Never heard about the final results.   Did you just have the flu?    

They never said what the hell I had. They required me to call into the CDC twice a day, stay isolated, etc even though they said my Covid 19 test was negative. 

It got to the point that I got sick of the nasty lady I would sometimes get when I called. 

She would ask if I had gone out. No. 

What are your symptoms? Cough, fever, etc.

Do you have any new symptoms? No...

And she was hugely condescending. Like I was wasting her time. A couple calls ago I asked her if she could maybe be a little more pleasant. Her answer: I don't need to. I have started trolling her savagely every time I call and get her. Got her yesterday and this is word for word our last conversation. 

Have you broken isolation? 

Yeah, I am currently climbing Mount Everest. 

YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUS!!! 

Maybe you shouldn't act like I am wasting your time there, GS5. 

Whatevah, whats'cho current symptom? 

I am now green and spend my time shambling about seeking the brains of the living to devour... ughhhhhhh

I SAID YOU NEED TA TAKE DIS SERIOUS! 

Or what?

Or else Imma...

Yousa gonna get mad? Hey what rhymes with dick?

*CLICK* I hung up on her. 

I have zero sympathy for people who want to be unpleasant and get nasty with people they're literally getting paid to talk to. I have to be nice to people for my job where people do stupid shit all the time, she can too. I hope they're recording those calls. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 8:39pm

I have not given up but the masses are not happy they want what they want.  I am in a school and I can tell you the 30-40 somethings are self centered and have a lot of messed up ideals.  So if they want this let the people like us stay at home and watch what happens...1918 all over again!

DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

There is NO WAY they're going to make 300 million+ test kits and test the entire population. That is crazy. 

The other problem with that idea is that theyre not going to have the ability to test every man, woman, and child at the same time. You could get tested today and catch it tomorrow from someone else who hasn't been tested yet, that's a wasted test, now you get sick and get tested again, hey two tests and now we start second guessing whether or not the tests work in the first place. 

The real rub with this thing is that some people have zero symptoms and everyone who gets it is asymptomatic for a week, yet shedding virus infecting others and they have no idea. 

Testing everyone in the U.S. is not logistically, mathematically, or even were it possible, would be a colossal waste of time and resources. 

Yes it is unrealstic to test all 300million of us.  However large random samples from around the country would be helpful.   If we are only testing the symptomatic cases we are probably not getting a good picture of how far along we are.     We are repeating the same mistake that we did with swineflu in Mexico City.   Everyone was terrified we had a very severe outbreak that was just starting.... when it turns out it was  mild but peaking.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:12pm

It's important to understand all of what Trump is doing (and Kudlow and Mnuchin, and everyone else) is messaging the markets. He's trying to jawbone the markets from collapsing, that's all. If he told them the truth, everyone would sell. Complete pandamonium. He knows this It's all an act. 

He knows the shutdown will last for more than a few weeks. Can't let the markets, and his voters, know this.

Remember Kudlow "essentially contained" and now "no one could have ever seen this coming". It's all bullshit.

He's just playing a psych game. Don't be fooled. I think he has NO actual intention of recommending the orders lifted anytime soon (besides he did not give the orders - the STATES AND LOCALS DID! He can recommend, but that's all that is. They "recommend")

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:17pm

ok, now I get it , You are all scared of the economic aspect and therefore have gotten cold feet about the data and the curve.  You would rather have thousands die than wreck our economy.  This is really sad, it is not the flu.  You are really hoping it will blow over and we can return to leave it to beaver ?    Don't think so,  This virus Is a tough one and  we have no natural immunity to it .  This scares you to death and you are now looking for a way to denial.  This virus has just started its march.   Is this because Trump has decided  to end the emergency AFTER  14 days because of the economic aspects?   If this is how you all really feel then I am out of here.  This site has become a rah rah trump site. I am sorry, but I would rather look at the evidence and see the explosive growth of this virus.   The price of public health is high when people don't plan ahead , have a  haphazard plan when the do and  fail to put people first over special interests.  

Totally agree. Everyone is panicking in their own way. It's real. And it's going to fuck us up, one way or another. Basically the bargaining stage, more like surrender. 

Read that post I put up "Must Read" about what will happen if this is lifted early. No one seems to learn from history (1918)

interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:37pm

Hi folks. Found this forum back in the Ebola days. Found it again in January and signed up a couple days ago. While I don't think this virus is super deadly, It clearly seems bad enough to overwhelm our heath care and maybe cause civil unrest. In the US, I think we take our freedoms very seriously while many are totally reliant on the government to take care of them. I also think there are plenty of ignorant people in my country capable of throwing epic temper tantrums...with guns. 

Maybe all governments are between a rock and a hard place.. probably overwhelm the hospitals no matter what they do... so the right answer may be to let it burn, accept the deaths, and get back to business sooner. 

We will stay indoors for the next 2-4 months (with our guns and preps) and ensure our family is safe. When we can easily get a test with mild symptoms, there are plenty of proven treatments available, and the hospitals aren't overrun, we will re-emerge. Don't want my family to take one (or several) for the economy... Just what I'm doing. Hope I'm wrong.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:37pm

I totally will think Trump will be wrong if he gives in and stops the shut down 7 days from now.  I work for these 30-40 somethings well their kids and they are spoiled and they went through 9/11 so they think no one should speak above a whisper to their children, they travel the world, have second homes, own all kinds of toys, and have nanny's for their kids when they are not in school.   The poor ones are working two jobs to make ends meet and their kids are left alone a lot of the time if grandma and grandpa do not live in town.   These people have never lived in tough times from 20 - 49. 

The President I think is getting pressure from people who want to make money to stop this shut down and go back to "regular" life...the doctors behind him do not want this to happen.  I think some Governors are feeling the pressure to open business not NY, CA or WA they are facing the Grim Reaper.

This is going to get interesting...for me I SIP at least until August then I will see what I will do. 

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 9:59pm

I agree with Babycat. He didn’t say he was going to reopen everything, he said we’d see at the end of 15 days which was the plan along. I think he was trying to give hope to the ones complaining the most that may only have 1 or 2 cases and wonder why their town has to be shut down. There were several so called experts saying we’d have to be in lock down for 18 months which I think rattled a lot of people. Let’s see what happens this week with the ramped up testing but they said they would look to the data before making recommendations.

interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 11:48pm

Maybe we shouldn't use a broad stroke for people in their 40s? I am ex-military, an engineer, and yes I was active duty when 9/11 happened. But I am well-informed, I don't whisper to my children, and my family is well prepared. Thx.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:55am

The fact is, nobody knows.....there is no "right" answer.

Ghandi could be in charge right now and get criticized by one side or the other.......only history will give us the correct course.

In almost every other category of things that take lives, most are results of decisions people make, or are otherwise have statistically predictable results......ie: we choose to take the risk.

There is a reason the virus is called "novel" nobody knows whats going to happen.....and that is uncharted territory for our species.

So expect wobbles in leadership and courses of action.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 4:49am

You can recover from bankrupt.  You can't recover from dead.

The economists need to get off of Trump's arse and let him lead.  He is imperfect, but doing his best and learning on-the-hoof.

The economically driven die just as easily!

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:28am
If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:54am

Originally posted by BabyCat BabyCat wrote:

Totally agree. Everyone is panicking in their own way. It's real. And it's going to fuck us up, one way or another. Basically the bargaining stage, more like surrender. 

Read that post I put up "Must Read" about what will happen if this is lifted early. No one seems to learn from history (1918)

I'm with the two of you. 100%.  

SheriAnn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SheriAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:14am

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

I agree with these sentiments completely. I am quite discouraged at the paranoia that some are exhibiting any time anyone says anything critical of the Trump administration. I find myself checking in less and less because there aren’t as many thoughtful posts or responses anymore. At the beginning of all of this I learned a lot from on here. And I now don’t even want to post anything because I am scared of getting yelled at for being critical of Trump or what I do post lately gets buried and no one responds. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:19am

this is exactly the thing I am talking about, fatalism and defeatism.  South Korea beat this thing with testing, contract tracing and social distancing.  It is not perfect , but it works, Human life is more important than money or the economy.    

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:33am

have any of you that maybe he was trying to send a message to congress that if they don’t act he would let ip on restriction and let virus take off just to piss them off ?  Also AARP sent him a letter saying that the older generation can take care of themselves and that trashing the economy would not help their grandchildren

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:39am

This is a crock, for one, think  about  extreme measures to save lives after natural disasters, etc etc.  This reminds me of Stalinist Russia where lives were disposable and gold was not.  This whole series of articles and opinions are designed to give a basis to those who would abandon the job of saving lives to fix an economy that is falling apart anyway. . Public health is worth more than the money lost.  

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:41am

Originally posted by SheriAnn SheriAnn wrote:

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

I agree with these sentiments completely. I am quite discouraged at the paranoia that some are exhibiting any time anyone says anything critical of the Trump administration. I find myself checking in less and less because there aren’t as many thoughtful posts or responses anymore. At the beginning of all of this I learned a lot from on here. And I now don’t even want to post anything because I am scared of getting yelled at for being critical of Trump or what I do post lately gets buried and no one responds. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yup, yup, yup and big ol' ayup.  

I have two teachers in my family.  They're biggest problem is not the kids with behavior problems.  It's the parents of the kids with behavior problems.  Parents are called and point blame everywhere else, but the child.  That's what's happening here.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:47am

Ignore the political rants - they are a distraction.  This site still has the best info I have seen anywhere.  We knew of this LAST YEAR!  As far as I can tell, we have been ahead of the curve AT EVERY STEP!

Vent if you have to - you can PM me if your rant is too blue - I don't mind. You can ask me to move posts - It annoys me as I have to move each bit separately so long threads are really a strain!  But I will do it.  So ask me early in the discussion if you can - PLEASE!

But don't go.  The economy above people's lives maddens me more than I can say, but the nost rabid pro-Trumpians have some valuable info and we need your imput too.

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:50am

I predict that at the end of the 15 days of restrictions he is going to tell the governors that restrictions stay in place for 60 and up and or persons of all ages with health issues and lift it for everyone else. This will be based on studies in NYC of under fire trials of treatments that work to treat anyone with health issues else safely We should know in another week if hyrdroxychlorquine and z pacs are viable treatment options

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:51am

When there are first world countries that no longer have enough regular beds for people that are sick enough to need hospitalization, and ICU beds and ventilators to treat all the people that actually need them to survive, it’s not overblown. Milder symptoms may well be the norm, but nobody ever said the majority had to get really sick for an outbreak to be a big deal. Enough serious/critical cases and the healthcare system implodes, and then you have Italy, Iran and soon to be Spain, and quite possibly the US. I work in a medical clinic doing direct patient care and I still have to go to work, but I have friends working in hospital settings and EMS who are absolutely dreading what’s to come. I doubt any of the countries hardest hit by this would consider our response to be overblown.
Trump is protecting the market above all else, and it’ll come back to bite him on the ass if he “opens up” the country too early and we see the cases start to climb again. Taking advice from conservative influencers and ignoring the experts is a ridiculously cavalier attitude. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fauci depart of his own accord soon. The man has clearly had enough of Trump and his insistence on making medical decisions with no training whatsoever to back them up.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:55am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Ignore the political rants - they are a distraction.  This site still has the best info I have seen anywhere.  We knew of this LAST YEAR!  As far as I can tell, we have been ahead of the curve AT EVERY STEP!

Vent if you have to - you can PM me if your rant is too blue - I don't mind. You can ask me to move posts - It annoys me as I have to move each bit separately so long threads are really a strain!  But I will do it.  So ask me early in the discussion if you can - PLEASE!

But don't go.  The economy above people's lives maddens me more than I can say, but the nost rabid pro-Trumpians have some valuable info and we need your imput too.

I can't speak for the others, but there is only so much that can be ignored.  Particularly when it's so constant.  The message of "gold" prepping is drowned out by the ignorance, the insulting of people's intelligence and  pointing blame everywhere else... as long as its the Democrats and not their demagogue.  

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:05am

Dr Fauci isn’t totally above board either. See link Tuesday, February 25, 2020 NIH clinical trial of remdesivir to treat COVID-19 begins Study enrolling hospitalized adults with COVID-19 in Nebraska. This study has finished and results are not good. Also Vaccine in Seatle trials has shown inconsistencies they can not explain. It worked for some but failed horribly in others. Actually may have caused them to get ill

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic