Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Food Safety - very thorough article

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food Safety - very thorough article
    Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:07pm

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html?fbclid=IwAR3bOZ3UAxKXO4LYtJXwz2R0QlK9U0zxCudV2dRpvfg6WUe9pkN4xwMC-uc 

Long and thorough article - makes me feel much better about occasionally ordering take out to support local restaurants. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:25pm

I am sorry to burst your bubble.  But I was in the restaurant business for many years and before that my family was in a business that serviced restaurants food.  Let me put it this way, my father as he served more and more restaurants he ate out less and less.  People are not very good about being sanitary after going to the bathroom, yes you tell them, you have signs up...but they do not pay attention.  I made my people wear gloves but that does not work when they brush their hair back rub their eyes/mouth with gloved hands.  Then how each business keeps their freezers, refrigerators, mixers, and other machines clean is sometimes not the best.  When I go out which is not often I look up the rating of the place on the health department, then when I go in I check out the bathrooms if they are a mess I walk out, then if I can I take a look at their kitchen if it is a mess with dirty floors, I also walk out.  

To say the least I do not eat out much anymore because I know what restaurants are like.  I kept my restaurant really clean because I am a clean nut and it was kept that way because I ate there too.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 10:00pm

I second what FluMom is saying.  Almost 23 years in my present location.  Getting people to clean properly is like pulling teeth.  At our place, we used to have a list of weekly cleaning that had to be done in full and signed off on, every week.  I would say that up until about 7 years ago, it got done reliably and well, with a minimum of grumbling.  In recent years, the companies involved have even "dumbed down" the list, in other words, lowered the standards.  Still, the cleaning does not yet done.  People come in to work sick, and customers come in sick.  And to put it bluntly, to get certain age groups off their butts, off their phones, and into work on time and not under the influence of something for a whole shift is an event that rivals the appearance of a comet and a blue moon on Friday the 13th for frequency.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic