Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

When will USA overtake China?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When will USA overtake China?
    Posted: March 25 2020 at 3:11am

The BBC published the following list:

Almost 420,000 global cases

The ten most-affected countries:

1.       China: 81,591    
  2.       Italy: 69,176    
  3.       US: 53,740    
  4.       Spain: 39,885    
  5.       Germany: 32,986    
  6.       Iran: 24,811    
  7.       France: 22,622    
  8.       Switzerland: 9,877    
  9.       South Korea: 9,037    
  10.       United Kingdom: 8,164    

With the (laudable) increase in testing in the USA they are shooting up in the charts of confirmed cases,  When will they overtake China to be the country with the greateset number of confirmed cases?

My strictly amateur guess is that I think we should see that in the next three or so days. 

However, one should not read too much into that as the CFR for the USA is currently about 1.1% and that for China is over 4%.  It will take a lot longer that three days for the death toll in the USA to approach that of China (let alone Italy).

The rapid rise of USA in the charts  does not bode well for it to be over by Easter  :(

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 7:06pm

Not to be a downer - but I'm thinking that maybe by Easter - the US hospitals will look like Italy & Spain... I hope not, but as more & more are confirmed, it's just a matter of time till the health care system's back is broken. 

And we aren't safe either - although many less cases - it will eventually kick in - unless people learn to bloody stay home...!!!!!

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 10:04pm

Originally posted by manba manba wrote:

As long as you control it yourself, go out and wear a mask to protect yourself and others. For such a period of time, you will slowly control it. This is what China does. I will provide a channel for you to buy masks. I also use it myself. Very good, you need to buy it yourselfVisit to buy masks

STOP ADVERTISING on here!!!!! JUST STOP!!! You are on the wrong site for this crap!

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 10:04pm

Was that my outside voice? Oops - sorry! 

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 3:55am

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Not to be a downer - but I'm thinking that maybe by Easter - the US hospitals will look like Italy & Spain... I hope not, but as more & more are confirmed, it's just a matter of time till the health care system's back is broken. 

And we aren't safe either - although many less cases - it will eventually kick in - unless people learn to bloody stay home...!!!!!

Sadly, I agree.  But I think it will be before Easter in some parts of the nation.    

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:29am

He was warned.  Now he's gone.  Bye bye Mamba!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 7:17am

The picture I am getting is that there is still very limited testing in the U.S. When there would be testing on a better scale the U.S. would be #1 already. [url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/usa-60-000-infected-928-dead-and-getting-worse-nyc-being-devastated[/url]

New York is not the only "hot spot" in the U.S.-the number of cases in the U.S.-when testing on the same level as most of the E.U. would be over 100.000 cases. (That proberbly also would go for China, Iran)-the real number of cases must be far higher. 

See also Paul Beckwith [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhqthgDm0Q[/url]

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 3:24pm

USA now have more official cases than China of today. See Roylabs stats on Youtube.

83 000 cases.

Location - Rural location in Hampshire, England
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 5:50pm

This site is usually the fastest to update US figures, but on PST.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

This site is fastest for worldwide and country totals:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

mccae73 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccae73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:33pm

They took cultures of human lung epithelial cells, exposed them to different concentrations of meth and then infected them with an H1N1 strain of human influenza A. By 30 to 48 hours after infection, the meth-treated cells had a much lower concentration of the virus than the control group, the researchers reported. What's more, this reduction occurred in a dose-dependent manner, meaning the more meth, the less the virus reproduced.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 11:23pm

This happened much faster than my "amateur guess "  :(

The speed of this spreading is very sad, but I applaud the more openness with the figures (despite slow starting of testing) compared to the cover-up in China.  In my mind telling the truth helps make the country great, especially if the truth is bad news.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic