Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Trump considers quarantining NY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trump considers quarantining NY
    Posted: March 28 2020 at 2:29pm

https://abc7ny.com/politics/trump-says-hes-considering-enforceable-quarantine-for-nyc-area/6058516/ 

"DEVELOPING HOT SPOTS"????  His tweet shows he hasn't been paying attention.  

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 3:13pm

I believe we have a maniac in the Office of the President of the United States. Reckless beyond measure. I'm convinced he's doing so for political purposes, to pit one part of the country against the other (Florida v. NY for example, having governors kiss his ass to be "appreciative" enough) blaming NY for spread, when it really was his incompetence, arrogance, and recklessness. I'm becoming more and more convinced it's being allowed to get worse. Incompetence doesn't begin to adequately express the adbject failure, over and over again. It's like a death cult, never letting a crisis go to waste. When the final body count is tallied, will the American public be disgusted and enraged?

Announcing a quarantine to all, before even talking the governors, just ensured everyone will bug out and a guaranteed percentage of them will seed the virus elsewhere. Unbelievable. 

If Trump actually tries to do this, this is going the the Supremes, this week. Mark my words. Cuomo won't have it.

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 3:30pm

VOICE

Sorry, America, the Full Lockdown Is Coming

Politicians won’t admit it yet, but it’s time to prepare—physically and psychologically—for a sudden stop to all life outside your home.

BY
 |
keep the joy
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 4:35pm

No 

"Quid pro quo"

Here then.....LMAO

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

No 

"Quid pro quo"

Here then.....LMAO

I learned he can declare it, but without the cooperation of the Governors and Mayors, it ain't happening.  Quid pro quo is the ONLY reason they would cooperate.  I think this tweet is spurred on by three things.  1.  Cuomo and Fauci being more trusted.  2.  Cuomo and other Governors not confirming Trumps "feelings".  3.  The criticism by Governors of Trump for not dealing with providers of PPE, ventilators, etc... and creating a bidding war between states and between the states and the Federal Gov't for resources.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 5:27pm

I think there's a bidding war  for everything 

All over the World....

Sadly this is not going to end well for lots of people

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 7:43pm

https://summit.news/2020/03/23/new-york-health-officials-told-residents-to-congregate-in-huge-crowds-in-defiance-of-coronavirus/

New York City Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot posted a tweet on February 9 urging citizens to flock to Chinatown in large numbers to celebrate the lunar new year while suggesting that advice to avoid crowds was “misinformation.”

Today our city is celebrating the parade in Chinatown, a beautiful cultural tradition with a rich history in our city. I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about . https://on.nyc.gov/377LlcH 

1,543 people are talking about this

“Today our city is celebrating the #LunarNewYear parade in Chinatown, a beautiful cultural tradition with a rich history in our city. I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus,” she wrote.

keep the joy
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 8:56pm

Yeah, New York has now seen the consequences of constant virtue signalling. The healh commissioner just a few weeks ago said no worries, go ahead and have a big old parade. 

Idiots.

Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 1:12am

Italy tried partial lockdown, but some people fled taking the virus with them in some instances. State or land locked countries will have a challenge trying to control people'movement. Much of Europe is now indefinite lockdown. Im hearing that UK might be locked down for some time if things dont improve soon.

Location - Rural location in Hampshire, England
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 4:27am

We here knew what was happening. That's why I've been doing social distancing and not going out unless I have to since late January/early February. But I don't notice any NYC authorities here. Or New Orleans authorities. Or Florida authorities. They were for the most part flying blind while Federal authorities were briefed by our intelligence community that this was going to be huge if not dealt with back in early January but these same authorities didn't bother to tell anyone else. A four year old Pandemic plan was set aside/ignored with the excuse it was antiquated in favor of the economy. 

So as much as I want to blame state and local leaders, I can't.  I think if NY had the testing capabilities to actually know what was happening, authorities would have not encouraged celebrations.  But we didn't because some idiot decided not to accept test kits from WHO.  Or perhaps if there was some Federal guidance.  Even if one thinks it's the State's responsibility, how can anyone expect appropriate responses by the States without information that testing would give them?  So blaming places like New York.. or now New Orleans for being idiots.. well.. I don't know about that.  But I do know ignorance is not bliss.  I don't know how many here are in hot spots like I am, but I do know it's easy to make an arm chair judgement when you're not in the thick of things.

There should have been stronger messaging from the top on Fauci's thoughts on this.  I remember messaging from everywhere but that quarter saying NYC needed to cancel Lunar New Year and subsequent celebrations like St. Patrick's Day parade.  I'm sure it was the same with Mardi Gras, not to mention Spring Break. 

But that is an idiot's fault for not listening:   deBlasio who was looking to keep his re-election on track by keeping NYC's economy going.  Frankly, deBlasio is/was on the flip side of the same coin Trump is on.  Yes, FluMom, I really did just write that!   I'll say it again: deBlasio is an idiot who made disastrous decisions in an effort to keep his re-election on track.  The disconnect between deBlasio and Cuomo was profound.  deBlasio whined daily while Cuomo was "closing the valve" that this was unnecessarily hurting New Yorkers.  Then his messaging suddenly changed saying that we needed a total quarantine lock-down.  That's on him.  

Chinese Lunar New Year is big here.  Huge and brings in lots of tourists.  The funny thing is...  It really was a bust.  No big crowds.  So individuals were listening even if leaders were not.  If anything, because it was a bust, it probably delayed this thing from spreading as far and as deep as it has here.  But it pissed off deBlasio anyway.  But then, he was pissed off at authorities over at the New York Public Library for closing all libraries and satellites and then turned around a few days later screaming for complete lock-down of NYC.

All the state authorities are in the same boat now and were a few weeks ago. Some are still looking for a lifeline. Still looking for guidance. Like Rhode Island trying to keep New Yorkers out of RI - something I fully support. Thankfully the CDC has issued a travel advisory so Cuomo can't make the stupid mistake of suing RI. But those "bugging out" are holding a false sense of security that fewer cases means it will stay that way. Everyone needs to stay put. Indoors and away from each other.

This has been a cascade of errors that brought New York and is in the process of bringing other states like New Orleans and Florida down.   We're not the first and we won't be the last.  

Sorry for the rambling.  Thank you for your patience.  It's more than a little scary here right now and its really "harshing my mellow" as my niece would say...

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 11:27pm

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/03/29/nyc-idiots-attend-corona-potluck-parties/ 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/new-yorkers-are-throwing-corona-potlucks-and-visiting-speakeasies/ 

Quarantine? Is that a drink?

While most New Yorkers are hunkering in place, others are popping corks and staging parties that defy occupancy and social-distancing edicts.

Lucian Wintrich, a former White House reporter and advertisement hand, is one of them. The 31-year-old contrarian recently hosted a “corona potluck” at his small but chic East Village apartment.

“They can’t diagnose us all,” reads the invite Wintrich sent to a select group for the March 14 gathering. “Don’t wash your hands. … Bring your fav dish!” The tongue-in-cheek advert also included an image of a boy covered in chicken pox and a fork digging into a coronavirus spore.

“The majority of folks I invited, if they got it, would recover fairly quickly and build up an immunity to the present form of COVID19,” he said unapologetically. “It was relatively inspired by the chickenpox parties that were all the rage in the 90s.”

keep the joy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic