Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

What I Told You About Manufacturing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What I Told You About Manufacturing
    Posted: April 03 2020 at 7:10pm

As I said, Manufacturing takes time...FluMom!

Supply Shortage Sourced from China Plagues Ford’s Ventilator Production

While Ford and GE Healthcare plan to ramp up production of ventilators in a joint Michigan-based venture, the corporations lack adequate supply categories needed for the project, Breitbart News has learned.

A call between the White House and Ford executives on Tuesday revealed a hole in Ford’s plan to produce 50,000 in 100 days at its Rawsonville Components Plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Sources with knowledge of the call told Breitbart News that Ford executives admitted they have a shortage of about 20 to 30 supply categories.

he issue, sources said, was due to Ford’s insistence on maintaining their existing overseas supply chains, which do not have the capacity to meet the immediate and huge demand that has been pledged by President Trump’s administration. Many of those existing supply chains are out of China and India.

Meanwhile, industry insiders say there are at least 2,000 small to medium-sized American manufacturers that have the capacity to aid in the Ford-GE Healthcare venture. These manufacturers say they have not been contacted, though they can readily supply materials.

“Why are so many American manufacturers not being contacted,” an industry insider asked Breitbart News.

Some of these manufacturers include Brown Jig Grinding Company out of Wixom, Michigan; Leading Edge Cutting Solutions out of Waterford Township, Michigan; and SK International out of Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Outside of the Ford-GE Healthcare venture, some American manufacturers have already answered the call from ventilator producers.

Greg Kaplan of K&C Machining, out of Wood Dale, Illinois, told Breitbart News he is increasing his production seven-fold of the metal components that go into ventilators after Philips approached him.

“This is a major undertaking,” Kaplan said.

Nearly all of the materials for these Philips ventilators are sourced from the U.S. Their circuit boards, though, continue to be sourced from China, with some assembly in India.

Ford and the White House did not respond to a request for comment in time for this publication.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter at @JxhnBinder.

Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 7:37pm

A day late, and a dollar short. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 7:49pm

Even if Trump had started in January the U.S. would not have had the raw materials to make Vents.  Blame the former Congresses and Presidents for giving away our Manufacturing to China.   I told all of you that Vents would take time to make because they needed to get the parts now because of China we do not have the parts to make Vents...no surprise to me!  Why because 20 years ago when my husband and I  had a manufacturing plant we saw what was happening.  But people here just ignored as the "Rust Belt" and Michigan, and other states lost their manufacturing to China no one cared then but President Trump came in and in the last three years he brought a lot of manufacturing back to the U.S. and jobs back to the U.S. 

I know most of you hate Trump but he has done more for the American People than any other President when it comes to jobs and bringing companies back to the U.S.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 9:10pm

We're all to blame for China taking over the world's manufacturing because we all wanted more and cheaper consumables. We weren't prepared to pay for items produced by people who were paid a living wage to work, and we were all prepared to turn a blind eye to, what is essentially, slavery. It's no one person's or one administrations fault. We all share the blame. 

I know you love Trump Flumom, but without this virus, he would be just like his predecessors, and he would have maintained the status quo. He wouldn't have changed things. To have done so would have effected his balance sheet and he wanted the numbers to look as good as was possible. The reason why businesses or governments don't hold stocks of things is that stock is dead money. It's money sitting on a shelf doing absolutely nothing. This is why the just in time system is universal, it's because the minimum money is tied up in stock at any one time. But of course, when a spanner hits the works, the whole great big machine stops working. 

We're all in a right pickle.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 10:05pm

I do not disagree with you Kiwi...but with all the leaders giving all the manufacturing to China now the U.S. does not have the parts to even make vents.  At least in the three years Trump has been in office he has brought and was bringing back more manufacturing to the U.S.  by using Tariffs.  That is why our unemployment was getting so low, companies were coming back. 

However, it is all too late many will die because Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama and all the Congresses under them,  let our manufacturers go because of high labor, the EPA putting such strict rules and taxes that killed companies.  At least Trump was changing much of that, until Covid19.   So I look at all these Presidents and the Congresses in the past and say that blood is on all of their hands because they kill companies in the U.S.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 1:57pm

I know Trump was increasing manufacturing, but primarily to give more jobs to Americans, which is a good thing to do. But America, and Trump were certainly being selective about what they encouraged at home. Silicon valley was outsourcing to China and there was no objection to it. The only red flag the Trump administration had spotted was that China controls the vast majority of rare earth metals, without which all technology requiring micro chips can't be made. This is why Trump wanted to buy Greenland, they have huge unmined reserves of rare earth. He wanted to secure America's own supply. Of course that failed because Greenland wasn't for sale. 

There's been a lot of talk about China purposely trying to damage America by releasing this disease, or at least by them not being honest about their numbers, but China has held a much better weapon in it's hands for a long time. It could simply choose not to supply America with the component parts it needs in order to produce technology. That would cripple the US in a very short time. I know that now America needs various components to produce ventilators, but so does the rest of the world. I doubt these components exist in the numbers they are needed. There's a shortfall. 

There are a number of items that are vital to the continuity of society as we know it, that in the event of being needed in a hurry, simply don't exist. A perfect example are the huge transformers that are needed to keep the electrical grid running. If the world had a repeat of the 1857 Carrington Event, which hit North America very badly, in this day and age, it would blow the electrical grid, and in order to restart it, the transformers would need to be replaced. Now each one of these is made in China, and there is a 2 year lead time on them. So if a solar flare hit America tomorrow, at the very earliest there would be a two year wait to get a new transformer and you'd need hundreds on them, and so, potentially would many other countries. It would be easy to spin it that China is choosing to keep the US waiting, but that wouldn't be the case, it would simply be a case of logistics and supply and demand.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 8:12am

You cant blame China... Its the effect of globalization.  

We don't have a central government to control the system. We rely on an antiquated nationalistic system. That is now showing its true colours.

This nationalism will cause catastrophic problems...   We don't need wars we need cooperation. 

Its ugly when the world is put to the test. Hopefully humanity will prevail.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic