Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Comments from our Kiwi members?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comments from our Kiwi members?
    Posted: April 22 2020 at 8:00pm
CRS, DrPH
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2020 at 10:43pm

There are frequent articles in the papers here on the number of private jets arriving here and once Covid 19 started up, there was a massive increase in that traffic. NZ has always been seen as a lifeboat, and there are some amazing properties out here. And the place is always full of the rich and famous. I think there are more bolt holes here in the South Island than in the north island, as we are less populated.

I'm not sure i'd call them cowards. I think I'd call them lucky - if they can afford it and they can get a visa. The thing is that now they can't leave. Even if they could arrange their own transport out of here, they won't be allowed back in unless they are a citizen or a resident. And it takes 5 years to become a resident from the moment your visa is issued so that you can come and go. 

We're very fortunate to be so remotely placed on earth. You can't swim here, that's for certain. Right now we're in total lockdown and we have a week to go until we move to up to level 3 and ease our restrictions somewhat. Today we had 3 new cases. We have a total of about 320 active cases, have had 16 deaths and have 8 people in hospital, one of whom is in intensive care. I can see why people would want to be here.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2020 at 11:39pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

I can see why people would want to be here.

Thanks, KiwiMum!  I'd love to visit, I'm one of the only Yanks you'll ever meet who has worked with your countrymen (Wool Research Oranisation of New Zealand in Christchurch).  

It seems cowardly to run off and hold up in a country that they have no investment in....if your nation needed their manpower for emergency services, would they volunteer?  I doubt it.   All they do is consume.....

Some folks have too much money, I hope they get stranded in paradise.  I'm working my butt off in the States to help reduce the global burden of SARS-CoV2, and I don't view these people as anything but parasites.  

CRS, DrPH
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Some folks have too much money, I hope they get stranded in paradise.  I'm working my butt off in the States to help reduce the global burden of SARS-CoV2, and I don't view these people as anything but parasites.  

You should watch the part2 of video series I posted under the 'US knew in November" topic - ironic as the 'upper' just feel we are slaves to do their bidding and too many of us to be worth anything (just parasites)... that video is a kick butt eye opener for anyone who thinks this 'just happened'...

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

You should watch the part2 of video series I posted under the 'US knew in November" topic - ironic as the 'upper' just feel we are slaves to do their bidding and too many of us to be worth anything (just parasites)... that video is a kick butt eye opener for anyone who thinks this 'just happened'...

I listened to it, and I should have commented in the thread, but since I didn't...He is wrong about a lot of the things he said in the video.  I know he claimed to be a doctor, but if he is, I think he is a rather poorly educated one.  He claimed there are only 3 airborn infections, and could only name 2.  At least he got tuberculosis ans Ebola right.  

If you are speaking as an expert, I think it really behooves you to know your subject matter.  He also claimed that viruses are not spread that way, and that paraphrasing "everybody knows viruses are spread by droplets."  That is factually incorrect.  Measles, chicken pox, mumps, and diphtheria are all viruses that are airborn to one degree or another.  The reason he may not have experience with those viruses he thinks are impossible? Vaccines.  But the fact he doesn't know,  yet claims all other virologists and frontline doctors are lying about it makes me question everything else he says.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic