Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Son Most Likely Exposed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Son Most Likely Exposed
    Posted: April 29 2020 at 9:42am

Well two of my sons managers came down with Covid19...tested and confirmed.  No one was wearing masks but the health dept came in and told them they all have to wear them now.  Will find out more today.  But he has most likely been exposed so I now pray he does not get it bad.  Most worried about Cytokine Storm he is 26 and in very good health.   What ever happens I will be going to deliver Chloroquine just in case it is needed and the hospital can't get it.  

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 11:27am

I am so sorry to hear that.

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 1:05pm

Thoughts are with you.   This parenting lark is hard.  Will be sending you and your son positive vibes from Scotland and hopefully it has missed him, or if not then it is  very mild. As you said age is on his side but still a big worry for you.

Take care

Hz x

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 2:06pm

You said it for both of us Hazelpad.  Fingers crossed from me too.

Be careful FluMom.  He is in a low-risk group.  You are not.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Well two of my sons managers came down with Covid19...tested and confirmed.  No one was wearing masks but the health dept came in and told them they all have to wear them now.  Will find out more today.  But he has most likely been exposed so I now pray he does not get it bad.  Most worried about Cytokine Storm he is 26 and in very good health.   What ever happens I will be going to deliver Chloroquine just in case it is needed and the hospital can't get it.  

That is scary flumom , including your son in my prayers. 

keep the joy
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 8:41pm

Hoping for the best, Flumom! <3

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 2:24am

So sorry to hear this, FluMom.  I hope that he'll be okay.  And you too.  What was said earlier about you being high risk is true.  Your son can live without meat.  But I doubt he'd care to live without you.  

hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 3:53am

Prayers and good thoughts. Please keep us updated.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 7:02am

Prayers comin' at yinz from the Burgh, FluMom!

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 7:42am

Thank you all!!! I am worried and my son is NOT...but he is only 26 and does not realize how easy it is to die even at that age.  I am praying too asking God that if he gets it he will be ok!  Not asking that he not get it but some young people get Cytokine Storm.  I have him on D and B6 hoping that will help him if he gets it.  

Get this one the owner of the store is not telling the employees that these managers have Covid19!!!  My son knows because he has inside info from another higher up person.  They are now providing cloth masks...good luck on that one.   I think it is wrong for employees not to know what they are facing.  My son know to call me if he gets it.  I will make sure he signs a HIPA for me to be able to talk to the doctors!!!!

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 9:32am

Thank you all!!! I am worried and my son is NOT...but he is only 26 and does not realize how easy it is to die even at that age.  I am praying too asking God that if he gets it he will be ok!  Not asking that he not get it but some young people get Cytokine Storm.  I have him on D and B6 hoping that will help him if he gets it.  

Get this one the owner of the store is not telling the employees that these managers have Covid19!!!  My son knows because he has inside info from another higher up person.  They are now providing cloth masks...good luck on that one.   I think it is wrong for employees not to know what they are facing.  My son know to call me if he gets it.  I will make sure he signs a HIPA for me to be able to talk to the doctors!!!!

Will add you & your son to prayers list.  Just try to remember Gods' got this! 

As far as management not telling staff their managers are sick - I would think (especially in US) that this would set them up for some serious lawsuits if any of the staff or their close contacts get seriously ill...

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 10:31am

Originally posted by kaye kaye kaye kaye wrote:

That is scary flumom , including your son in my prayers. 

Prayers FluMom.  Take care who you give the meds to.  Only with doctor's orders will he receive it otherwise  it may be tossed.  Make sure that doesn't happen.  I am shocked at what I hear is going on.  This standard of care isn't the medical system of old, that is for sure.

Sheep Lady
ClapBack View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClapBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:04am

I know you and I haven't gotten along to the best start, but please know I send my very best wishes to your son. I'm a mom; I know how hard this is for you.

He will be okay FluMom.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:07am

Thanks again folks!  My son is really upset just got off the phone...no one is telling employees that they have two sick managers with Covid19.  The employees were told that the company would be transparent....well they are not and he is really upset that they are lying to the employees.  He only knows because a person in the know told him what was happening.  I told him to keep his mouth shut and to realize at 26 people lie to you and to others.   An old friend told my husband years ago before he ran for political office..."Them that's got the gold makes the rules."  I told my son that today because it was the owner who told him the truth but expects him to be silent.  A good but hard lesson for my son.  

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  Every night at 7 PM I stop what I am doing and pray for everyone asking God to protect my family, friends, all the medical workers, and to give the scientists the knowledge to find a therapy or a cure for Covid19 that will save lives.  I believe in Prayer!

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:32am

They did something similar at a Sprouts here in Orange County. They had two workers test positive and kept it from other workers and the general public for several days before eventually announcing it. I only knew because my friend worked there in a relatively high position and gave a head's up. It's a hard pill to swallow for many that true transparency is an illusion often in the working world (I know it certainly was in my old job), but I hope your son learns from it. I also hope things go well.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 4:35pm

My prayer chain will be activated for you and your loved ones and will add another candle lighting at 8 pm for you and yours. Tell your son that my son got through it. Just keep a pulse ox nearby and if it drops suddenly below 93 head fot the hospital if he comes down with mild symptoms first. That and the hydroxychlorquine i made him take saved his life

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 4:50pm

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 5:39pm

Thank you guys and especially Usk for the candle.  I am only 2 hours away from my son so if he get this crud I will be in the car with a pulse ox and Chloroquine on board to give him.  I have a carrier for the back of my car to carry extra gas just in case I need it.    We are both at high altitude so a 92 reading on the ox is really good above 6800 ft .  So I figure if it drops below 88 he better get to the hospital and not to give them the Chloroquine unless he see he gets it from his supply!!!  He already knew to sign a HIPA form so I and his girl friend can talk to the hospital docs and nurses.  

You guys are the best!

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 5:47pm

Hopefully he will be fine! 3 of my co-workers got it and I did not get it. We have been off work since March 18th and 1 has been in the hospital in a medically induced coma since that following week. My daughter's supervisor got covid-19 and her supervisors significant other. Her supervisor has been off for a month now and the supervisor's significant other died last week. My daughter and none of the other co-workers caught it.

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2020 at 8:43pm

Hi, FluMom...

I’m SO sorry about your son. The waiting game must be terribly frightening. :(  

Can your son sign docs to make you his medical POA?  If I’m not mistaken, that can get you more access than the HIIPA — I _think_.  I’m not sure if y’all would be comfortable with that though.

He will be in my prayers — and so will you. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2020 at 9:37pm

I better look I think I have his POA.  Thanks for the reminder.    He has all documents I had him do this when he hit 21 to cover him.  Tomorrow's project!  

mwbab View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwbab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 5:16am

how is your son doing?

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 8:05am

OK, Flumom,  my heart goes out to you.  

First things first,  Many companies have lousy incompetent health care providers. That's what causes so many people to get this stuff in the first place.  So, you got to do the leg work and talk to your kids.If you think he has Covid, then you need to get a team of health care advisers.  Does your family have a doctor or a nurse in its ranks ?  Having a cousin who is  an MD helps greatly. Having a uncle who was a druggist helps greatly.  Second, ask your son if he has a network that his health plan allows him to access.  Plan for the battle of your life.  You are the general of an army of supporters.  Three, do your homework,  I found articles in JAMA, Italian medical journals and Spanish medical alerts, I cross examined each doctor that was on my team and used the existing medical libraries to find a wide range of info.  Then when I did get my meds, I was able to tell what was a side effect and what was a red ligh to the dashboard.  Tell them to ge ta blood pressure monitor and digital thermometer.  When i was lucid, i was reading every medical journal and report I could get ahold of.   I was not leaving this planet without one hell of a fight.   Hope this helps you and your  family,  God bless and God speed,  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 11:44am

Thanks for all the info ME.  I have no medical people in the family but I am good friends with my Doc, he would move heaven and earth for me just a great guy.  My son is 2.25 hrs away and  I will be in my car as soon as I know he is sick taking all my med gear with me.  I have pulse ox, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, an Oxygen concentrator, and canned O2 in case I decide to bring him down to Denver...which I would because they have only a 99 bed hospital.   There are only 8 cases in his county but 2 of the 8 were at his work...the women that had the Covid are back at work.  No one else has gotten it and it has been 14 days or more since they discovered the two sick ones.  

He is 26 and I hope and pray that my having him on D and B6 will make a difference for him.  He is all I have so I will pull out all the stops for him even if it means I would die.  Lost one child 27 yrs ago and do not want to do that again.

I can tell you I am researching every day to be ready incase he gets ill.  Doctors who treated my late husband kept asking him is she always like this...I did research every day and questioned the docs to make sure everything was being done.  People who know me call me a Pit Bull...I never let go I fight to the death!  My poor late husband had Pancreatic Cancer and a liver full of cancer Aug 25 I kept him alive and really doing good until mid February.  He got really bad one day and gone the next.   I will fight that hard for my son and myself!!!

Again thank you for all your information!  I agree with you "Not leaving this planet without one hell of a fight!"    I am glad you are doing well.  God Bless!

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 10:19pm

Has he been tested?

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 11:55pm

No he has not been sick so they do not test well people.

Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 5:19am

That is interesting.  They are testing the well people in my state.  Anybody wants a test, they get a free test.  I'm told that all staff and residents on my campus will be tested.

Also, I'm pretty sure that not testing well people does not apply to people with known exposure.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 10:05am

Well I am hearing on Main Stream Media that you can only get a test if you get the OK from your doctor.  That was what was said ON Good Morning America TODAY 5/13/2020.  Is the Main Stream Media LYING to US?????

I will check with my son as soon as his Finals are over...can't talk to him Finals week I get my hear chewed off!

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 10:49am

Flubergasted, I think it depends what state you're in.  I don't believe all states have this policy.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 10:57am

Of course they are!  Almost everyone does.  They all have agendas.

When it comes to testing, it costs money.  No one has a surfeit of that at the moment.  Also, the more tests you do, the worse your figures look.  So it behoves governments not to test (not just Republican ones - all of them) and they all have upcoming votes to consider.  Again, the more old, disabled and sick who die, the cheaper the oncoming care bill.  I don't want to be a statistic in the future lightened load, I don't want you there either; I don't want anyone there.  The media knows this; it is a wonderful chance to persue their own agandas too.  If you can't make a politician bleed now, you must have lost all your journalistic teeth.

So here we are, the public, desperately trying to pick up snippets of real news - on life and death issues - surrounded by: "lies, damn lies and statistics".

All I know for certain is the death toll is huge.

Stay safe pal.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Flubergasted, I think it depends what state you're in.  I don't believe all states have this policy.

Of course, I'm sure that is it.  Didn't mean to imply anything else.

Just saying, Flumom, that could be changing.  Never hurts to check.  It says on our state's website that you have to meet some criteria, but they are doing it regardless.  We have several free drive up testing centers.  We are opening up, so that might be why.  We are testing anyone and everyone.  

The governor has announced all longterm care residents and staff will be tested, also.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of refusals, but it will be offered, anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic