Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Prepping May 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepping May 2020
    Posted: May 03 2020 at 10:09am

We used to have this topic on here...so reviving again.

My current preps involved getting a deep freezer- no easy task as they are super hard to find. I also wanted an apartment size one because its just me here.

My first order at Amazon was cancelled, but I persisted and checked multiple times a day and voila...finally got a highly rated apt. size front opening one delivered 3 days after ordering!! Really happy now and its hooked up and so quiet - no dents, no issues.

I have also started using Instacart. Don't know why I never did before?? I would do a grocery pickup or farmstand pickup or farm delivery, but never Instacart. Am thrilled to say I used it last week, got my order in less than 2 hours and from my favorite store ALDI...I almost cried when i got my favorite items again....(I run a huge ALDI facebook group-64k and to say I missed the store is a huge understatement!) Having to go to other stores that do pickup (Aldi does not) was just not cutting it for me....grateful for Instacart!

I also went back to meal planning as figuring it all out willy-nilly was getting me nowhere here. Wasting food, or not knowing what to make, etc. So I have two weeks planned already.

Many folks in my area making face masks. I have done a bunch of "porch pickups" of various styles for my family and mailed them to them...such as an AirForce fabric for my father who is pretty stubborn, but I know his Dr visits and all the bases require masks....Va Tech ones for my brothers who all went there and nephews going now...Dallas Cowboys for one of my sister's who is a huge fan...etc. This is in hopes to encourage them to wear them of course.

Now, what are you all doing??

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 7:28am

I just received my order of a meat grinding/sausage maker attachment for my Mixmaster.  If things go the way feared, we might be doing more of our own butchering.  The next question is... which are the best sausage casings to use?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic