Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Security guard shot dead enforcing mask policy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security guard shot dead enforcing mask policy
    Posted: May 04 2020 at 1:10pm
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/04/security-guard-told-flint-dollar-store-customer-wear-mask-before-being-fatally-shot/3078939001/

Thanks, this is exactly why I always carry a loaded handgun when I go out in Arizona (it is legal to do that here). 

I've heard of thieves attacking shoppers as they leave the store and taking their groceries, toilet paper etc.   They might have a surprise if they chose me, I'm FBI trained in firearms.  

CRS, DrPH
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 10:52pm

I am sorry to say that you warned us, doctor, of this kind of behaviour.    I noticed that that the guard was shot in the back of the head so he would have had little chance to defend himself.

The BBC report of this: US family 'murdered shop guard for enforcing mask policy'

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

I am sorry to say that you warned us, doctor, of this kind of behaviour.    I noticed that that the guard was shot in the back of the head so he would have had little chance to defend himself.

The BBC report of this: US family 'murdered shop guard for enforcing mask policy'

FFS it was Detroit ghetto rats, they shoot each other and anyone else all the time for little or no reason. This is normal behavior for them no matter what's going on in the world, that's how they roll.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 1:44am

We have had a couple of incidents here of someone stealing people's groceries in the parking lot.  Here in Oklahoma it's legal to open carry if you're over 21, so a lot of people are wearing handguns in plain sight. 

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 6:20am
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 2:07pm
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2020 at 2:13pm
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 11:25am
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 1:01pm
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 8:51am
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 10:28am

We knew this stuff would happen Pixie during a pandemic.  You can't keep people from making a living people need to go back to work many have had this virus and 80% have lived and now have immunity for now.  Maybe you are like me Pixie and do not need to work to pay rent/mortgage,  car payment, utilities, and food.  Most people have to work to pay these bills the U.S. and other countries will HAVE to open.  Yes people will die but hopefully this will run it course and there eventually be herd immunity in a year or two.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 11:40am

Flumon, we could argue about how much to open or not (I suspect there is no firm answer*), but some of those posts from Pixie were not about having to go to work, but about threatening people who are trying to stay safe at work because the person doesn't like the safety rules.    These are two different issues.

*  Partly, the differing answers will have to do with how robust underlying social support is, which does vary from country to country.  I am personally grateful to live in a country with good social support and have accepted the high tax that is associated with that.  

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 1:58pm

Thank you EdwinSm for pointing out the obvious to FluMom. 

None of these links show people peacefully protesting the shutdown,no masks or social distancing just violence,hate,ignorance,murder and a lack of anything that resembles Americanism at its best.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 2:20pm

I say wear masks but you can't force people unless you are their employer and can fire them for not wearing them.  Sorry this is still a free country and you can't fix stupid but it is their right to be stupid!  If you run into people like this at a store turn around leave or go in a different direction. 

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 3:30pm
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 6:46pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/04/security-guard-told-flint-dollar-store-customer-wear-mask-before-being-fatally-shot/3078939001/

Thanks, this is exactly why I always carry a loaded handgun when I go out in Arizona (it is legal to do that here). 

I've heard of thieves attacking shoppers as they leave the store and taking their groceries, toilet paper etc.   They might have a surprise if they chose me, I'm FBI trained in firearms.  

Can confirm. Had a woman come at me like a chupacabra in the Wally World and take my TP. I was just like, "Just take it, pumpkin." It wasn't worth shooting someone or getting scratched up/stabbed over arsewipe. 

And when I say, "Chupacabra" she was a little older than me, mid fifties maybe, wild eyed, and had her hands clawed feral like. This was just after i got released from apartment jail. I just chalked it up to methamphetamine and people are stupid. 

Now you can just walk in and get as much as you want. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

We have had a couple of incidents here of someone stealing people's groceries in the parking lot.  Here in Oklahoma it's legal to open carry if you're over 21, so a lot of people are wearing handguns in plain sight. 

That's why I love this place. 

My usual shopping areas are here in Bethany at the Sam's and Wally World on MacArthur. Don't trifle with the old ladies out there because they will shoot you, get in their car, drive away, and laugh about it later with their friends. 

My usual running spots along the Canada River or around Lake Hefner I see people open carrying constantly. Contrary to everywhere else, this is not the place to mess with other people. 

Oklahoma is the promised land. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

I say wear masks but you can't force people unless you are their employer and can fire them for not wearing them.  Sorry this is still a free country and you can't fix stupid but it is their right to be stupid!  If you run into people like this at a store turn around leave or go in a different direction. 

It is a free country, and merchants have the right to deny service to patrons who refuse to wear a mask, just like they can refuse to serve those without shirts or shoes.  The level of crazy out there right now is just disturbing.  

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 4:17am

I can't help but think that the messaging for store owners requiring a mask wearing policy would be very different if the lesbians shot the baker.  

Oh wait.... it WAS!  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

We have had a couple of incidents here of someone stealing people's groceries in the parking lot.  Here in Oklahoma it's legal to open carry if you're over 21, so a lot of people are wearing handguns in plain sight. 

Good idea! 

CRS, DrPH
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 7:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic