Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Post Covid 19 effects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Covid 19 effects
    Posted: May 16 2020 at 2:25pm

Just to let all of you know about some of the issues  post recovery from Covid 19.  

i am only speaking about my case and my case only.  Your experience may be different. 

heart issues , clots and soreness in the arms and legs.  Rashes and fungus on body parts. 

headaches, high blood pressure and lack of sense of taste and smell.  Lung damage and need for oxygen during the day. 

vison issues and spinal pain.  

I have been on 27 different medications.  If you get it, pray to god you don't get it bad.  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 4:18pm

ME163 a few questions that you DO NOT need to answer unless you want to of course. But here goes:

1.  Were you on a Vitamin D supplement before you got Covid19?   

2. Were you on any Vitamin supplement before you got Covid? 

3. Did you have high blood pressure?

4. If you would could you give your age range?   40's 50's 60's 70's

I am so sorry you are having so many problems.  Have the Docs said how long it will take for you to be back to "normal" like any of us are normal...LOL!  Keep your chin up and thank you for the warning!  This makes me feel better that I am not leaving my house but concerned about my 26 yr old son who is out in the public working. I ask God every day to protect him and his girlfriend.  

God Bless you ME163!

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 7:16pm

Well, Flumom, 

I took Vitamin D during the pandemic. I took a multi vitamin during the pandemic .  I had some high blood pressure readings.  I am in my 50's.  My cousin who is an MD thinks that my disability weakened my immune system and created a path for Covid 19.  My recovery is going to take at least 6 months to a year.  The lung  damage may be long term.  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 8:41pm

WOW, I am so sorry ME163!  You did all the right things and still got it bad.  Keep up on what the docs tell you to do and you will get better.  Life throws lemons but make lemonade.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 10:05pm

Hope you recover quickly,

What state are you in  ME163? 

And are there  many sick in your local hospital ?

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 10:08pm

I'm sorry to hear that ME163. Thank you for giving your experiences. I do agree that everyone is affected differently and have heard from people I care about having other effects, such as kidney problems and numbness in extremities. I hope that your recovery goes very well.  

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 4:07am

Listen to your body Me.  

Thirty years ago I dislocated my knee in a fall.  The doc told me It would take 6 months to heal.  I asked if I should rest or exercise it.  He said very gentle exercise.  So I put the painkillers back in the drawer and listened to my knee.  I exercised gently and when the pain rose, I stopped and rested immediately.  I was mobile in days and fully recovered in 3 weeks to the astonishment of the Doc.  I know another with the same injury - still unhealed after 18 months.  Listen, push gently, but LISTEN.  I am living proof it pays off.

Get well soonest, Pal.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 6:17am

I am so glad you posted what you did.  I recently got the Rouche antibody test which is the only approved FDA test . to see if I had it back in March.    I did test positive for IgG COV19. I was very sick back then with cough and fever but was over it in three weeks.  I managed like you to convince our internist to start my husband on prophalic drugs because he  has 3 of the 4 co morbidity.  He did get it 10 days after me and because they gave him ahead of possible illness two antivirals and hydroxchloroquine he only had mild symptoms for two weeks.

Why am I doing all this preamble?  My husband and I are both experiencing post viral rashes and wild flux of blood pressure and for him blood glucose instability   We are both currently being evaluated to determine if this is due to one of antivirals we took or the hydroxychloroquine.  Neither of us test positive for active infection so they don’t think it is that    One virologist says he is concerned that it is like HIV not really ever gone just deactivated unless you get stressed it comes back and could reactivate   Many viruses do that like chicken pox and shingles. Also Epstein Barr and mono becoming later in life lymphoma.
we are both blessed that lung damage was minimal for us. CT shows my husband has one area of calcified tissue but because I had histoplasmosis as a child   I have alot more   Before all this happen i was in training for a sprint triathlon and that I believe is the only reason my lung capacity is only slightly less then before all this happen.

I think it is important not to blame all post  symptoms on the virus especially if you were treated with unproven drug therapies.   Clearly lung damage is post viral but the cardiac pressure instability can also be due to the antivirals   Of course we wouldn’t know all this till many years have passed

Glad to hear you are on the mend  all the best to your continued recovery 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic