Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Political Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Political Posts
    Posted: May 20 2020 at 5:40pm

Greetings, my friends.  Hope everyone is doing well.  

Quick note - We always have to allow political posts here as politics and what this Administration does is a major role in this pandemic.   Plus we can't censor folks.  

Bottomline, people either worship Trump, or they hate him, so tempers will fly no matter what happens.  

Having said that, let's try to understand that whatever either side says, there will be retaliation from the others, and that is causing issues here. 

We have to allow political posts, but just don't attack each other.    If you start to get hot-headed (and I have that issue myself lol), then take a break.    

We fully realize this is not a solution,  but many of you all have been here for 10 - 15 years, and you all are the same friends over that period.   Perhaps we should have prepped earlier for the political controversies.  Who would have thought...

So for the time being, let's try to post the political news only, and hold back on the political jabs.  Please use your best judgment as we are all longtime friends here.      

Best to all,

A

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 5:45pm

Please feel free to chime in and vent your frustration on this thread.   Trying to get a better understanding of what's causing the issues.  Thanks.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 7:21pm

I would like it if people would stop calling the U.S, President Names...like Chump!  I have not disrespected any other countries President and I would hope others would do the same.  You can disagree say you don't like what he is doing but calling the President names is out of bounds no matter who is in that office.  I did not call Obama a nigger.  So I would hope people would do the same for the current President and not call him names.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 8:07pm

But he a Chump

He disrespects

Everyone!!!!!

and as you keep pointing out it's a  Free country.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 8:28pm

I lost all respect for chump 

When I saw him MOCK someone with 

Cerebral Palsy

Just so he could get a Laugh..

Sorry mocking someone with affliction ,

Is disgusting,VILE 

Anyone that does it we NEVER NEVER, get any respect From ME....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 9:28pm

Albert I think we have a double whammy going on here:

1. these are unsettling times causing uncertainty and financial hardship for many. And for all of us it's beyond our control. There's nothing we can do on our own to stop this disease other than to try and protect ourselves as individuals, and so it's very frustrating to see people around us behaving in ways that will continue to spread the virus - like not wearing a mask, or keeping their distance. As a result people are exercising the only power that they have at their disposal and that is to troll or attack other people for their beliefs or opinions on line. 

2. we have had lots of new member join this site as a result of the pandemic, which is great but if you've ever sat on any committee you'll know that new members always want to make a mark for themselves and get noticed and so generally throw their weight around. Normally they settle down after a few months but this situation the world is facing is ongoing and unprecedented, and so I suspect that unlike the longer term members who have been prepping for just such an event for years and have come to terms with the idea of it, the newbies are still in the shock / stress / anger stages of coping with this. 

The end result is a group of people, some of whom are looking for any slight, no matter how small, as an excuse to vent their anger and frustration. There really isn't a solution for this other than time, but adjusting to change on such a huge scale is not normal and so I'm not sure how long it will take for these people to calm down. I rarely comment on here now because some people are so unpleasant. There are some good discussions but within 3 or 4 posts they morph into slanging matches. And you wait, someone will have a go at what I'm saying here, they can't seem to help themselves. I'm building up a picture of some of the people on here and the imagery is not nice.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

I would like it if people would stop calling the U.S, President Names...like Chump!  I have not disrespected any other countries President and I would hope others would do the same.  You can disagree say you don't like what he is doing but calling the President names is out of bounds no matter who is in that office.  I did not call Obama a nigger.  So I would hope people would do the same for the current President and not call him names.

Flumom, I hear you but have to say there's a HUGE difference between calling someone Chump and someone a nigger. One is a rhyming play on words with his name and the implication that he's being an idiot and the other is an enormous racial slur that is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 10:21pm

BBC News - Mika Brzezinski: TV host blasts 'sick' Trump's conspiracy theory

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52748844

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 11:32pm

If one reads that BBC report, you will see that Carbon's naming of Mr Trump is mild compared to the language the Mr Trump himself uses on others.  I would respect the President more if he would offer basic respect to others.

But one tip if you find Carbon hard to take.  Pretend that Australians* pronounce the name he uses with a silent "p", so read it as if he was calling the President "his Chum".   I find that takes a lot of the sting out of what he is saying and can then concentrate on the reasons he gives which are more worth debating.  

* I know he is not orginally from Australia.  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 11:48pm

Personally, I LIKE the salty, crude political banter! 

I've come to "know" and respect all of you.  FluMom, I know you are a Trump fan, and some of my very best friends from childhood are also Trump fans. 

Me, not so much.  

However, this is a bit like arguing about how an opera is going to turn out in the middle of the second act!  We have what we have, Pres. Trump is the legal leader of the USA and, like it or not, that is the reality.  

It won't take long before we have an election that will sort all of this out.  I'm a former die-hard Republican, friend of Republican Governors, Senators and Representatives, who will not vote for another Republican until this lot is turned out.  Putting immigrant children in cages at the border was just the first of a long line of things that turned me against this kleptocracy, and there is zero chance that Trump and his family will win my vote, ever. 

FluMom, I'm sure glad you didn't ever call Pres. Obama a nigger!   

I try not to call Trump any names, I'll let my vote and political activism speak for me. 

p.s. I ain't no gun-grabbing liberal either! 

CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 12:56am

Not trying to fan the flames, but I feel I have to point out that nobody in politics has ever embraced the practice of name calling and denigrating others quite as much as the current resident of the White House. His lack of respect for others (especially women who stand up to him) has definitely lowered the bar in that respect.

Just saying.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 1:06am

One of my sisters is an American citizen and has lived in the US for years now, and she LOVES Trump. He can do no wrong in her eyes. The problem I have with Trump is that I expect the president of the US to be above name calling to act in a statesman like way, a presidential way, and I just don't see that with Trump. Perhaps if he wasn't so trigger happy on Twitter we would all see him as a more serious politician. 

It's a bit like my lawyer. I like him because he's professional, he doesn't muck around, he's always available to me and he's got my back. I trust him and I take him seriously. I don't want a joker to advise me on legal matters. He acts like a good, sober lawyer. And likewise my doctor and dentist. There are times when you just want a true professional that you feel you can trust.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 5:33am

Believe it or not, I bite my tongue when replying to political posts.  I have to show at least a sembelance of fairness and equillibrium as a moderator.  That is part of the job.  Very often I have to gently chide people I like and give credit to those I don't.  It goes with the job.  That is the status quo of moderating.  It is an unpaid job with little or no kudos.  But I try to abide by the code of conduct;  most of us do.

How much more should the 'leader of the free world' moderate their behaviour?  Utterly!  And they all did, right back as far as I can tell till the first of them, all except the current one.  KiwiMum and Jacksdad have hit the nail squarely on the head.  

The greatest lack of respect to the office of the US president is shown by its current incumbent.

Well reap as you sow.  Even the office itself is diminished.

And yes, I was biting my tongue - HARD!  I wanted to say a lot more.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 6:36am

It's good that you recognize there's a reason for it.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 8:03am

I did not call Obama a nigger.  So I would hope people would do the same for the current President and not call him names.

Are you insane to say that?  You never struck me as being a racist until now.   You could have said that in many different ways, but you decided to cross a line to make us look bad around here. Maybe all Trump supporters are racists, who knows,  but NEVER do that one again, FM.  Can't believe I have to warn you about that crap.   

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 8:11am

Trump is nothing but a lying conman with possible dementia.  Anyone who thinks any different is too far gone as a cult member.  

I voted Trump, I liked him, and then I woke up and left the cult and bailed on the idiot.   Too many lies and corrupt ways for me.  It was a matter of choice for me, to either support the USA or Trump,  and I chose the USA.  I voted Trump, but I won't follow anyone off a cliff.   

balddalesman View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balddalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 9:23am

what happend to lock her up?

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:55am

Well Albert there you go thinking I am a racist... I am not just need to shock all of you by saying that.  When you call President Trump names  it is as shocking me as me using that word.    So you made an assumption that is totally wrong.  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:13pm

Well Albert there you go thinking I am a racist... I am not just need to shock all of you by saying that.  When you call President Trump names  it is as shocking me as me using that word.    So you made an assumption that is totally wrong.  

Big difference here.  Calling Trump as Chump is meaningless.    That crap happens.    I sure as hell am not having a Mod who slings the N word around.   

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:16pm

You insulted Obama for his color, not his ideology, inteligence or integrity - all of which would have been acceptable.  But you chose his color.  The very use of such a word suggests (very, very wrongly!) that being a particular natural color is somehow a flaw or a fault.

A fake tan, especially one which renders you an unnatural shade of orange, is fair game.  Politicians who can't take that sort of thing need a new job.  Only the idiot who adopted the colour is included in the slur.  It is rather rude, but not racist.  It is only as bad as calling someone a fake-blonde, or suggesting too much lip filler or botox.  

You should not need this explained.  Moderators are expected to rise to a higher standard of behaviour, to set the bar others are guided by*, not plumb new depths.

* (That is why I dissappeared for 24 hours - I'm only human too and could not keep it up.)

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:25pm

All of this is over Chunp?   lol.    The guy is a lying idiot.   His cult members are delusional.   

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

All of this is over Chunp?   lol.    The guy is a lying idiot.   His cult members are delusional.   

Clearly there are cult members on both sides of the political fence, equally just as delusional as the other. 

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:45pm

Very true, AI.  I'm an independent and A-political.   I voted Trump, and had change of heart on the guy.  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:49pm

I voted Trump as I couldn't stand Hillary lol, but this thing got way out of hand with folks.  Mission accomplished with no Hillary, but now Trump needs to go.    

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:52pm

No prob if people love Trump lol, but no n-word here from his cult.     

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 1:19pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Very true, AI.  I'm an independent and A-political.   I voted Trump, and had change of heart on the guy.  

As am I, I see the folly in the left/right paradigm when both are backed by corporations and Wall St. And no matter who is elected the corporations and Wall St win. No matter the side, they represent themselves and their interests first (government), Corporations and Wall St second and the average citizens are a distant third.

Interesting to note that the direct representation of the people which is Congress always seems to get a pass and focus always seems to be on POTUS. Even on here not once have I seen anyone call Congress out. But it's a banner year for Congress it's at it's highest approval rating in a decade at 31% YIPPEEE!!! Two words TERM LIMITS 

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 1:31pm

And let me add the Congressional approval rating average for the last ten years is 17%. Let that sink in.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 1:54pm

Or the Senate.  In general, I've found that people don't understand the workings of government.  

As far as Corporate/Investment Banking go... you and I agree. I will go as far to say that Corporate and Banking entities are the deep government everyone is so worried about. Things need to be legislated so Citizen's United can be overturned.  

As far as the "17%" approval rating, what poll  are you using?  

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Or the Senate.  In general, I've found that people don't understand the workings of government.  

As far as Corporate/Investment Banking go... you and I agree. I will go as far to say that Corporate and Banking entities are the deep government everyone is so worried about. Things need to be legislated so Citizen's United can be overturned.

As far as the "17%" approval rating, what poll  are you using?  

Congress includes both the house of representatives lower house and the senate upper house, so the senate is included in that poll. That is based on Gallup's polling through the last decade.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 2:52pm

ggg

Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

800px-Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives.png

Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Gggggg

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 2:58pm

Could someone delete my double post.   Thanks

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 3:21pm

Congratulations, AI, you know the difference.  But most Americans believe the House of Representatives to be Congress.  Even News outlets (all of them) refer to the House of Representatives as Congress.  Therein lies my point.  They don't know how government works.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 3:25pm

I find that which ever party wins in a election,.

all that they  do is undo what the out going party did

It's like 2 steps forward one step back. 

And the only fools paying for all of it are

The  Taxpayers.....

Time after time 

Groudhogday...

"they never do anything".......

https://youtu.be/0SEGHvLElxc

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 3:32pm

UK, has the house of Lord's,

We have the Senators

You Have Congress

All "upper houses"

that can overturn the will of the people.....

Is that correct? 

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 3:43pm

Only no-one votes for the 

Lords.......

Marcus Aurelius
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 3:53pm

Both houses of Congress have to pass the same bill proposing a law or change of law before it goes to POTUS to sign into law or veto. If POTUS veto's the law then it goes back to Congress which can override the veto with a 2/3rd vote.

Since Congress is elective representation of the people, it is the "will of the people" .  However that is a rather dubious statement.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 4:09pm

Same here,if it gets 

"knocked back"

three times in the Senate,its history....

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 4:13pm

When elections rely more and more on $$$$$$$$

It's going to be the Big end of town get what they want....... 

And stuff average Joe Blow.....

we just there to fund their life style........

Marcus Aurelius
SheriAnn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SheriAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 6:57pm

It is unbelievable that some here would so flippantly throw around the n word. I’m not one for “storming off” or making a big to-do about leaving... but this is my last straw.

I do not accept or tolerate that. Calling someone Chump (and let’s be real, Trump has a nick name for everyone. LITTLE Adam Schiff, Pocahontas, Crazy Bernie, nervous Nancy, etc.) is entirely different from using a racial slur. And pretending anything different is delusional at best, and flat out racist at worst.

I would hope that others would agree that in this age there is no room for that sort of language. If that is tolerated here, this is most definitely NOT the place for me.  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by SheriAnn SheriAnn wrote:

It is unbelievable that some here would so flippantly throw around the n word. I’m not one for “storming off” or making a big to-do about leaving... but this is my last straw.

I do not accept or tolerate that. Calling someone Chump (and let’s be real, Trump has a nick name for everyone. LITTLE Adam Schiff, Pocahontas, Crazy Bernie, nervous Nancy, etc.) is entirely different from using a racial slur. And pretending anything different is delusional at best, and flat out racist at worst.

I would hope that others would agree that in this age there is no room for that sort of language. If that is tolerated here, this is most definitely NOT the place for me.  

Hi Sheri, good post and thank you for the input.

No need to leave and it won't happen again.  Our apologies that it happened.  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 7:33pm

I also agree with the statement with regard to the nicknames Trump gives out to everybody.  Another reason I don't like the guy.   Those nicknames are childish and embarrassing. 

Hard to believe anyone would support his behavior with that.   I voted Trump, and I sure won't be making that mistake again.  

SheriAnn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SheriAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 7:39pm

While I appreciate the sentiment, not your apology to give. I mean no disrespect, but I have to point out the obvious that no one else has. I know Flumom is a respected member of the community here and has been here far longer than most, but she has devolved into someone who appears to be incredibly  paranoid and delusional. I don’t know her personally so I can’t say that for fact, but that is the impression she is giving. She is tarnishing the good that this site can do.

I don’t know if it is the stress of everything, but she went from being a rational person with a wealth of knowledge and great input, to someone throwing around racial slurs very casually.

I truly appreciate the apology. The worst part is that you are having to apologize for her misdeeds. And she probably doesn’t even believe she has done anything wrong. She said “I never even called Obama the n word” like calling him the n word was an option? Like she so graciously didn’t call a person of color a racial slur, like she deserves an award or something.

Again, I’m sorry to have to call a respected member out, but I think someone needs to point out the obvious. 

AandEM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 8:45pm

I've turned to this site many times over the last 11 years or so, and always found it informative and helpful. It's sad to me that this place has also become so divided. I appreciate everyone's efforts, but if it is this difficult here, with so many individuals who share the same highest concern, during a pandemic that we've all been preparing for, I am even more worried for the future. 

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:46pm

While I appreciate the sentiment, not your apology to give. I mean no disrespect, but I have to point out the obvious that no one else has. I know Flumom is a respected member of the community here and has been here far longer than most, but she has devolved into someone who appears to be incredibly  paranoid and delusional. I don’t know her personally so I can’t say that for fact, but that is the impression she is giving. She is tarnishing the good that this site can do.

I don’t know if it is the stress of everything, but she went from being a rational person with a wealth of knowledge and great input, to someone throwing around racial slurs very casually.

I truly appreciate the apology. The worst part is that you are having to apologize for her misdeeds. And she probably doesn’t even believe she has done anything wrong. She said “I never even called Obama the n word” like calling him the n word was an option? Like she so graciously didn’t call a person of color a racial slur, like she deserves an award or something.

Again, I’m sorry to have to call a respected member out, but I think someone needs to point out the obvious. 

SheriAnn, I agree with you completely. There's only so many things that can be excused by stress and racism isn't is one of them. There's no place for it on this site, and in the years that i've been on it, this is the first example of it I've seen. It's unacceptable.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 3:28am

While I appreciate the sentiment, not your apology to give. I mean no disrespect, but I have to point out the obvious that no one else has. I know Flumom is a respected member of the community here and has been here far longer than most, but she has devolved into someone who appears to be incredibly  paranoid and delusional. I don’t know her personally so I can’t say that for fact, but that is the impression she is giving. She is tarnishing the good that this site can do.

SheriAnn, I've started this post half a dozen times. I started out by saying "In fairness to FluMom" and noting stress impacts people in very odd ways. But I deleted it. You are without question correct. I will further say that unless it's blatant, the vast majority of Caucasians are very poor at determining racism. We have no experience with it. We don't know what it's like to live with it day to day. We know it's bad to be a racist, but we don't know what racism is unless its something like this. Further, none of us can conceive of ourselves as being that "bad". But we are. And frankly, anyone who supports Trump is, among other things, supporting racism. That in itself is unconscionable and gives clear indication that critical thinking and decision making skills are at issue.

Years ago, a black friend of mine asked me if I thought I was racist.  I told her I have no idea and that she would be a better measure of that than I would.  I say this deliberately, because I know that FluMom does not perceive herself to be racist.  It's no excuse because clearly she is.  But there it is. Thankfully, Albert has taken notice.  Hopefully going forward this kind of nonsense and other poor behavior by the Chief Moderator will stop being overlooked because of longevity and the loyalty it brings.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic