Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Treatments that appear to work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treatments that appear to work
    Posted: May 22 2020 at 8:50am

Studies have shown that Hydroxychloroquine  is not effective in treating advanced illness.   However it does appear to be very effective early in the disease to slow viral reproduction.   It seems to be particularly effective as a Post exposure prophylactic.  There was a signficant exposure to the virus in a Korean long term care facuclity,   everybody was given   hydroxychloroquine  and nobody got sick.  Can post-exposure prophylaxis for COVID-19 be considered as an outbreak response strategy in long-term care hospitals?

For advanced cases the solution seems to be, permssive hypooxia,  anti-inflamatory steroids, anti-coagulants, vitamin C and vitamin D, and avoiding intubation by all means necessary

EVMS CRITICAL CARE COVID- 19 MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL .

MATH+ Early Intervention Treatment Protocol Is Saving Lives

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 9:11am

There are also some studies, that state Chloroquine with Zinc and Zithromax do work if used very early if you have Covid19.  Sorry but Chloroquine and Hydrochloroquine  have been used for 30 years and no one has died from it when prescribe by a Doctor.  All of a sudden it is a dangerous drug!!!  There is also a youtube of a Doc on the front line that uses Chloroquine as a preventative.  

I do not buy that this drug is of no use.  I plan on taking it early if I get Covid with my Doc directing it's use with the other drugs.  

DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 9:18am

It appears that there is two phases to this illness.   The high viral load last one to two weeks.   Any antiviral treatment needs to be applied then.   The earlier the better.    Then the second phase of the illness appears to be an immune over reaction, yea our old friend the cytokine storm.   Anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs appear very effective at this time.

And like I said you must do everything in your power to avoid intubation.    It s a death sentence with this illness.   Also prone body positioning seems to help a lot.

nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 4:56pm

In 2005 NIH themselves found hcqs to be a cure and a preventative for SARS1.  This is SARS1 with four inserts so... No reason it wouldn't work the same.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 4:17am

Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquin have nasty side effects.  Many drugs do, but they are still used because the conditions they treat are worse.

Side effects can often be managed - BY A DOCTOR, IN A CLINICAL SETTING!  Drinking fish-tank cleaner amounts to a Darwin award.

There is some evidence that chloroquine works, but not enough to say with certanty that it does.  Only a clinical trial will prove or disprove this.  Clinical trials are ongoing, but they take time.

Meanwhile, try not to catch it.  Get medical advice if you do and ASK THE DOC. for chloroquine.  Let the Doc decide.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 2:57pm

Right, DT!  And a lot of what you say is true, FluMom, but it is untrue that Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine has never caused death when prescribed by a doctor.  I have an autoimmune condition, and although my doctor floated the idea of taking HDCQ, but ultimately decided against it because heart disease runs in my family, and the AI condition I have tends to attack the heart.  Yes, the doctor made the decision to stay away from that drug, so my heart was not risked, because the doctor knew that other people had suffered heart attacks/disease/thrombosis and died.  We had a discussion about it in the era of Celebrex and NSAIDS causing all kinds of side effects and my doctor drew a .parallel between HDCQ and NSAIDS being used for years and perceived as being "safe", but they could be deadly, regardless of perception.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic