Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Observation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Observation
    Posted: May 22 2020 at 12:42pm

My ongoing observation after going out to the Local Walgreens today to pick up some photo cards I have ordered....I WILL judge those who are not wearing a mask! Yep - "idiot there" "idiot over there" and especially the older folks who aren't wearing them...all "covidiots"
That is all.
My Humble Opinion Only!

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 1:40pm

From what I understand a mask only stops the droplets from escaping an infected persons (known or unknown) mouth and nose.  So unless some one is sneezing/coughing there is nothing to protect.  Am I correct?   I think people believe they are not infected so they don't wear a mask.  People need to be given a solid reason.   "Wear a mask because, if you are sick and do not know it you could infect others."   Respect other peoples health!

I would not go out without an N95 personally with a cloth mask to cover it.  But I agree people should wear masks just in case they are infected and sneeze or cough all of a sudden.  I will wear an N95 if I had to go out because of the stupid people.

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 3:18pm

Covidiots - love it  

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 4:53pm

I'm not an idiot and have chosen to side with the medical docs that say you get sick from wearing a mask so...I don't wear one.  I see plenty of others doing the same.

there is constantly two sides on every single thing about this virus.  Just pick a side and respect everyone else's choice.

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 6:28pm

“Covidiots” has become an oft-used word in our home! :D

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 7:33pm

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 9:21pm

Good post Pixie where did you get that "poster".  I would like to print that out!    I would also like to send it to my sister!

OH I just copied and pasted it into word!!!   Got it!

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 12:08am

Nc girl says

chosen to side with the medical docs that say you get sick from wearing a mask so...I don't wear one.  I see plenty of others doing the same.

fFood  for thought or think this out. If this is true why should docs wear masks during surgery then????

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 4:32am

All Docs seem to wear masks these days, which goes a long way to counter your argument NC girl.  

By not wearing one, you increase the risks to those around you.  Then you ask us to accept this as your choice.

(Sorry folks!  I know I'm a moderator and supposed to be impartial and I do try.)

But that is selfish in the extreme!  No one has the right to risk the lives of others.  That is what you are doing.

(Being a Mod, I will bite my tongue on the rest of what I have to say. Name calling and personal remarks are part of what I chide others for. - Apologies to Witchmisspelled and Carbon.

Albert, please excuse me.  I am taking the weekend off.  I am finding the whole Mod thing too difficult lately.)

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 6:03am

https://www.toledoblade.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2020/05/19/not-wearing-masks-selfish/stories/20200519023

Many of us who respect wearing masks in grocery stores and other public areas are conscious of the direct impact coronavirus may have on our own health and our very lives as well as its harm to others we neither know nor even see.

But we are powerless to convince others to protect us from their potential transmission of a virus that invisibly infects and kills.

Some tell us, “just stay home,” expressing indifference to our lives and the health of anyone but themselves. Yet I have as much right to secure groceries, etc. as they do, and should not be held hostage by their refusal to comply with health measures.

Disregard for health measures is not a “right” but selfish disregard for the direct infection path that has caused every single death from coronavirus in the United States, now holding a worldwide record.

Appeals to our better nature to care about harm to one another documented by scientific and medical experts is being ignored. That degree of callousness for others’ lives stunned me.

I never expected this in America.

How sad to realize “we’re in this together” is only an illusion, a lost ideal of what “united” meant.

When “my right” replaces compassion for others’ suffering caused by indifference to one’s actions, everything in our history—the Constitution, wars fought, challenges our collective ancestors worked to create and protect, is diminished

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 6:41am

Observation on the street:

NYC is building out one of the stores in a city owned building to be a testing center.  As I was picking some things up around the neighborhood last week, I noticed two city building workers taking a break with a cup of coffee.  They stood pointing to people as they passed saying "Nice.  Nice.  Nice."  When a person walked by without a mask, the two men, in unison, pointed and yelled "A$$HOLE".  

It made my day.  

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 7:50am

Thank Miss Spelled - that gave me a good laugh.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 8:31am

You're welcome, Edwin.  My world is small, but highly entertaining!

Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 6:40pm

https://youtu.be/zhQw7vLNsDA

If this link works, it may clarify the science of masks for some of you.  I do think it is time for loosening lockdowns, but masking needs to improve if we want to stay open in my opinion.

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 9:26am

Originally posted by nc_girl nc_girl wrote:

I'm not an idiot and have chosen to side with the medical docs that say you get sick from wearing a mask so...I don't wear one.  I see plenty of others doing the same.

there is constantly two sides on every single thing about this virus.  Just pick a side and respect everyone else's choice.

There are no reputable medical professionals that believe that. Granted, constantly adjusting a mask with unwashed hands or reusing a contaminated mask could well infect you, but other than those scenarios, there is no good reason to risk others safety by advocating we go without face coverings. We're a pandemic preparedness site that's even discussing this? Really?

As Techno pointed out, health care workers (like me) have worn masks for decades, and I'm not aware of any study that shows we have a higher risk of disease because of it. This is nonsense.

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 2:54pm

I agree ☝️ 

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:52pm

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 3:02am

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 3:33am

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

Now it was my turn to spit out my coffee!    More laughs please!!!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 4:26am

That is the best thing I have heard all week.  Thank you Edwin [lol]!!!

I hope you don't mind being quoted.

Personally, I would rather see no-pants than no-mask.  Could even be fun....     ... Oops.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 5:17pm

Watching an interview on an American network, with a man not wearing a mask,

"if the good lord calls me I'm ready to go"

That's OK, 

But the 100 people you just infected ain't......

The selfishness of theses covidiots is astounding.

Wonder if any of theses folks crying open up, are prepared to go and work in the ER....empting bedpans,stacking dead bodies.....

Informing relatives that their loved ones are DEAD....

EASY if someone else problem......to deal with....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 11:23am

I am not such an eloquent writer as most of you on here, so I pretty much just say it like it is...Our Governor just made masks mandatory in our state of Virginia (yes I clapped and yelled hooray!)
The folks here are losing their collective minds over it at the moment. I had to turn off the comments on the press conference as there were so many ignorant comments and the vocal "minority" were strongly saying they will not wear masks.
I live in the area of Virginia that has the biggest Naval bases on the East Coast. Long before the Governor's proclamation regarding masks...ALL MILITARY establishments require masks on everyone who comes onboard for ages 3+ or you will be turned away....so the population here is hugely military...they had no issue with this.
What I don't get is - do you all think this is really a vocal "minority" acting out or are they the majority of folks? Its very disheartening.
I sat in the Kohl's parking lot in my town today waiting for a pickup of an online order (they bring it to your car) and yes, I wore a mask for that even.
Watching all the moms with little babies going in - with Grandma with them, no masks on any of them.
Watching all the older folks going in ...same no masks.
Watching the older lady with her grown daughter - no masks, as the older lady used her walker to cross the parking lot slowly....what are these folks thinking?

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 12:37pm

I don't think that they are thinking.  That looks like sheep following the herd.  

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 5:50pm

Since I have a positive IGG antibody test for COV 19 I decided to make a tee shirt that says survivor COV19, but I still wear a mask and  YOU should too!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic