Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Mask vs no mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mask vs no mask
    Posted: May 27 2020 at 3:17pm

Y

AandEM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 3:18pm

* I have not fact checked this information.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:11pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/05/27/mcconnell-contradicts-trump-says-theres-no-stigma-in-wearing-a-mask/#3de1906d2556

TOPLINE

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday voiced support of mask wearing and social distancing in public, in contrast to President Trump and many conservatives who have portrayed masks as a sign of weakness.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:23pm

McConnell is about to find out how much power and influence he gave away.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:26pm
r/CoronavirusMemes - Wear Your Mask: The Urine Test

Says it all really.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusMemes/comments/gaocga/wear_your_mask_the_urine_test/

Don't cough on other people.  Frankly, even wee is nicer.  Wear a Bloody mask!

96% Upvote

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:32pm

Ps.  Coronavirus particles are about 1 micron across. Water molecules are just under 3 angstroms across; that is 300 times smaller.  Simple cloth stops splashing pee; covid should be easier to stop.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:45pm

Did Sean Hannity Just Break The Political Divide Over Face Masks?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/2020/05/27/breaking-with-trump-sean-hannity-just-told-a-surprising-truth-about-face-masks/#47c264526679

Breaking with President Trump on the issue of face masks, Fox News commentator Sean Hannity had some stern words for Memorial Day partygoers during his Tuesday evening broadcast. The TV personality’s comments came in response to a viral video of a holiday weekend celebration at Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks, where individuals were seen without face masks and ignoring social distancing guidelines. 

"Look, I understand these are young people. Experts keep saying over and over they are at [a] much lower risk. But, if they do get this — and again, there's no mask-wearing here that I see, not much at all; I see no social distancing — but if they get the virus and then are in contact with older and more vulnerable Americans that could be a disaster for others," Hannity said.

"That's why, in a short period of time — it's only temporary — if you can't social distance, please wear the mask," the commentator lectured. "Do it for your Mom, your Dad, your Grandma, your Grandpa."

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 4:08pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-shares-tweet-that-says-masks-represent-slavery-and-social-death-2020-5

President Donald Trump shared a tweet on Thursday that argued the mandated use of face masks to control the spread of the coronavirus represents a "culture of silence, slavery, and social death."

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 4:38pm

Better social death than real death.

If you don't like the mask, you are going to hate the ventilator.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 4:42pm
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2020 at 10:00am

Just got back from grocery shopping - had to go to three stores to get what I wanted.
Observations- Love when a store sprays your cart and wipes it down for you. 2 out of 3 I visited did that. The MOST expensive store I went to - did not. Did not like that at all.

Masks- Our state has mandated masks...but interesting observation...out of all the stores I visited...saw only 2 folks without masks. Both of them what I would call "seniors" but more on the younger side, perhaps late 60's...a man and a woman (not together btw) ...they are the demographic that needs to protect themselves the most.
Gave both a wide, wide berth in the stores and I couldn't help to make a hurumph noise when they walked by....and these folks could "afford" the handmade masks being sold all over or the boxed ones available too...

Anyways - I was happy and surprised to see the rest of the folks all masked, even teenagers, middle school kids out with mom (whole family in masks) , grown men and young adults....yay!

I had no problem finding tp and paper towels and bleach. Other things like Lysol spray and Clorox wipes are like rare diamonds....never see them, just big empty shelf spaces.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic