Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Interesting note onN. Virginia COV 19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting note onN. Virginia COV 19
    Posted: May 31 2020 at 12:20pm

You should think in terms of risk driving to a bug out location as well.  Ask yourself as well do you have supplies at your alternate site?  Are supplies available at stores as well. Can you handle minor emergencies  yourself?  Do you have a support structure of family and friends nearby to get your back if things go south.  Just some standard prepper thoughts

AndyP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2020 at 4:15am

Great.. I live a few miles from Dulles Airport. I hope they can stop people from doing this. I noticed Fairfax County has over 10,000 cases, while rural Wisconsin has counties with like 9 cases. Starting to wonder if should just go to our summer house up there. Only problem is if you have a heart attack or something the hospitals are farther away. 

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 6:45am

I'm not sure they're stopping private planes.  They may not be able to stop them if they fly into a small airport instead of an international airport.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 1:58am

All a bit too late,

We closed our borders  6 + weeks ago,

Mind it's very easy here, one Airport,one road in from the Eastern States,which are 3 days drive away,or 4 hours fly time....

Our biggest problem at the moment is a  cargo ship that arrived from the Emirates,with 6 cases on board,they in quarantine Now....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 12:42am

I read yesterday, that the States will stop anyone from entering who has been in Brazil in the last two weeks, even if they fly via another country.    So they are trying to stop it.  

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:43pm

Need to give a heads up to anyone living near an international airport. Heard from doctor friends in Northern Virginia that they are getting people who are from Brazil who flew in via Madrid and Copenhagen into Dullus airport. They are sick with COV 19 and are getting here to keep from being unable  to get a ICU bed in Brazil.  They are being added to our Northern Va numbers and deaths. Someone needs to stop this flow!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic