Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pandemics?  Here's some other stuff to worry about
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Pandemics? Here's some other stuff to worry about

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pandemics? Here's some other stuff to worry about
    Posted: June 02 2020 at 10:51pm

In my role as SME to the FBI and industry, I provide advice on bioterrorism, pandemic preparedness, EMP etc.  Here's a very good article that summarizes some of the risks we, as a global society, are facing: 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/05/07/experts-knew-pandemic-was-coming-what-they-fear-next-238686

I go back & forth on what I think is the "worst" scenario....I was yelling about another SARS corona virus outbreak since the last one (2003), and we always have rogue nations like North Korea, usual suspects like China & Russia, and nature to worry about. 

My big concern has been a massive solar flare (aka Carrington Event) that wipes out the electrical grids of all nations. COVID-19 sure stinks, but imagine losing all of your power = no water, no fuel, no access to food etc.  I've read some of the scenarios & they aren't pretty. 

Be safe, Chuck

CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 1:51am

My main concern is 

CLIMATE CHANGE

it is here and now...... 

But of course the only cure for that is the

SLATE WIPER.....

Get rid of 3/4 of the world's population.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 9:14am

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

My main concern is 

CLIMATE CHANGE

it is here and now...... 

But of course the only cure for that is the

SLATE WIPER.....

Get rid of 3/4 of the world's population.......

Climate change is a one-way train. There is no "cure". The loss of global dimming due to collapse of industrial civilization will ensure that. I've said for years that the breakdown of the biosphere and decline of energy and other resources is being hidden by the fog of politics and war.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic