Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

MMR vaccine may be reason so many asymptotic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MMR vaccine may be reason so many asymptotic
    Posted: June 03 2020 at 11:48am

This could explain why so many millennials only get mildly ill

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 11:52am

Could the MMR vaccine help protect against coronavirus complications? Cambridge University scientists say the jab could help because the infections 'share similar proteins'

By Sam Blanchard Senior Health Reporter For Mailonline, updated

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 11:57am
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:12pm

There is quite good information about this subject of MMR and coronavirus over the last few months on this forum if you are interested. I think it was back in January this theory started so you will have to hunt around.    Some members were considering getting an MMR and others were happy that they had.   One thread discussing the link specifically with  rubella antibodies. and male female bias is interesting. In brief after the 1958 rubella pandemic woman of childbearing age were vaccinated with single vaccine.   Men did not get  any protection until decades later with the MMR.   Although sparse there is some evidence showing cross reactiviity between the 2 viruses.   Lastly  another thread shows the domains that are similar across all the viruses involved. etc.    

Just in case you are interested

Hz x

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 8:26pm

Thank you and yes I am.   As you may know I tested positive for COV19  antibody test by Rouche. They are having me tested now for antibodies measles.  What is if interest is I had measles as a child but twhen I got married in 1980 my state insisted that we get vaccinated if we were planning to have children with the German Measles vaccine. The study at NIH that Is looking into this thinks that it may be this vaccine that built up the right anti bodies to recognize the virus and start an immune  response  before it gets bad

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 8:06am

As well as the study you have linked, there seems to be emerging epidemiological data supporting MMR and severity of Covid19.

MMR Vaccine Likely Why COVID-19 Rarely Hitting Young According to World Organization

The common MMR vaccine could be critical to protecting patients over 50 and other vulnerable populations from COVID-19 according to Dr. Larry P. Tilley

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/05/03/2026440/0/en/MMR-Vaccine-Likely-Why-COVID-19-Rarely-Hitting-Young-According-to-World-Organization.html 

Hz x

Published epidemiological data suggests a correlation between patients who receive measles-rubella containing vaccines such as the commonly available MMR vaccine, and reduced COVID-19 death rate. Similar observations were recently noted in a Cambridge Study by Young et al, who noted protein homology between the COVID-19 virus and the rubella virus, corroborating the evidence in this report. The epidemiologic associations suggest that a measles-rubella containing vaccine, as currently produced, may be protective against severe disease and death from COVID-19 exposure.  

mwbab View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwbab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:49pm

so wonder if those folks  that had the actual mumps, measles, and rubella illness have any immunity?

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:30pm

No they don’t. At least that is so interesting about this. Something in the vaccine imparted immunity

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic