Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Must read..Contact Tracer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must read..Contact Tracer
    Posted: June 05 2020 at 6:50pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUS/comments/gvxoe4/i_am_a_lead_contact_tracer_for_a_us_state_health/  

I know it's reddit, but h/she is verified contact tracer. I found this thread VERY informative. I like "boots on the ground" INFO and seek it out to find out what is really going on out there. One reason I listen to the scanner, but that's another topic for another day...

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2020 at 5:44am

Highlights from CONTACT TRACER-

I consider this information too important not to pass on. The conversation is long but these important parts stand out to me- take it or leave it- 

Question: Has this job taught you something new about the virus, even if it’s empirical so far. Is there anything that has jumped up from your data that you didn’t know before?

Answer: I've been surprised at how it seems to spread outdoors if proper social distancing measures are not put in place. Also, this may be obvious to some, but using the same restroom as a COVID case can be a huge hazard, especially if you are living together. We strongly recommend positive cases use their own restroom for the duration of their illness, and if that's not possible, to thoroughly clean and disinfect the room after each use. Finally, we do ask cases about animal contact and recommend that people keep away from animals if they have been infected or exposed. I don't think there is much official information on this subject yet, but I found it interesting.

Question:

What do you know now that you didn’t know two weeks ago about the spread, or peoples activities during this?

Answer: Not much new information has come up through my official work channels these last few weeks, but personally I've been surprised at the amount of new infections seeming to occur from going to outdoor events/functions. Before now, I considered the chances of contracting the disease from someone while outside to be pretty low. Now, it seems as people are getting more comfortable with going out and having outdoor barbecue's and get-togethers these events can be potential sources of the virus spread.

That's just my personal opinion of course.

Question: That football player got sick at a protest how bad is this? Also are you seeing tracing leading to surface objects transfer? If so in your opinion based on what you’ve seen so far how do you think these protestors sharing food and water as well are going to affect transmission?

Answer: 

At least in our system I don't think we have enough data yet to determine the % breakdown on which methods of transfer occur most often.

Something we highly highly highly stress is to at all costs not use the same bathroom as someone who has COVID. If a positive case shares a restroom with their family we advise them to thoroughly clean and disinfect after each use.

As far as the protests go, I'm not sure, but we are beginning to see several transmissions occurring from people who have gone to outdoor yard parties/get-togethers/cookouts at peoples' homes. And of course everyone should be wearing a mask if they are in public and not able to social distance.

NOTE from me- I am convinced I will NEVER use a public bathroom again!! 

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2020 at 4:04pm

We had to travel for a memorial service of an aunt who died from COV19.  My husband has to use the restroom every 2 hours so we had a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol and he used the family restroom at rest stops. He sprayed it all down  then stepped outside for a minute to let it dissipated. It seemed to work. He never got it

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic