Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Lenghty Symptoms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machm1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lenghty Symptoms
    Posted: June 13 2020 at 4:25pm

My wife has had a low grade fever and fatigue for 9 weeks now. She has been to the doctor three times and had blood work and tested for Covid (nasal swab) twice. The Covid test was negative both times and her lab work is normal. They do not do antibody tests here. She is in her early 40's and very healthy otherwise. I was sick two weeks before her, I had a sudden onset of fever and GI symptoms that lasted for 5 days, then I was back to normal. I also tested negative for covid. I have been reading about some people having long lasting symptoms, is anyone else in the same boat? Her doctor is baffled, she is tired of being sick. 

Any advice and discusssion is much appreciated. 

Machm
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 4:46pm

My friend who is still recovering after 3 months is in rehab from it. Had to go in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator for weeks. She got sick in March. Has been in the hospital since then, had bronchitis then pneumonia before being diagnosed with Covid-19. My other friend that had it lost a ton of weight and was really, really sick for weeks. My office mate had pnuemonia first. Another friend was off work 8 weeks with it. Another friend died from it. All tested positive for Covid-19. So if you have tested negative twice, pretty sure you probably don't have it. GI symptoms is not a Covid-symptom. Maybe another type of virus or allergies possibly. I have allergies and get very fatigued and sometimes fever and chills from allergies depending on what type of things are in the air/season.

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 8:00pm

We getting reports like this now  in UK.   A lot in 20 to 40 age group just not recovering.

Typical example is this 28year old's story.

Coronavirus: Twelve weeks on I can't kick Covid exhaustion - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-53056785

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic