Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Asymptomatic Coronavirus Patients

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asymptomatic Coronavirus Patients
    Posted: June 15 2020 at 11:58am

SCARY!!
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/jun/14/sripps-asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-can-still/
Researcher: Asymptomatic Coronavirus Patients Can Still Face Organ Damage

Sunday, June 14, 2020

"People can go through a whole infection and not know it at all," he said.

"But the other thing that we uncovered that was a surprise to us, and I don't think most people know this, is that even though you don't have symptoms, which is silent enough as it is, there's another level of silence, which is you can have internal organ damage and not know it."

One study looked at CT scans conducted on individuals aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship. In that case, 54% of 76 asymptomatic individuals showed significant subclinical lung abnormalities.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 10:31pm

Over half of asymptomatic cases showing lung damage, is a significant amount.

Even if the virus could be stopped, it looks as if the health effects will be with us for a long time.   And if getting it does not kill us, then it will shorten our live expectancy opening us up to other problems.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 4:06am

The Independent: Coronavirus: Damage from Covid-19 leaving lungs unrecognisable among deceased victims, says expert.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-autopsies-damage-dead-lungs-unrecognisable-covid-19-a9567936.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 7:20am

This ties in with the strange phenomenon  they are seeing called the  happy hypoxic.  

Quote from reference at end of post.

It is a mystery that has left doctors questioning the basic tenets of biology: Covid-19 patients who are talking and apparently not in distress, but who have oxygen levels low enough to typically cause unconsciousness or even death .

So  a proportion of asymptomatic patients dont know they are ill and will either recover with damaged lungs or progress to full respiratory failure.

Most preppers have pulse finger oxygen saturation meters but do most of the general population have them. 

Of course such conditions like asthma can deteriorate rapidly before your oxygen saturation rate decreases so their are caveats to using them.  

Notice Amazon was sold out during early pandemic but now seen restocked.  Price has lowered again  to under £20,  though at one stage they were all asking for £50 for basic models.

Hz x

Happy hypoxic reference.

'Happy hypoxia': unusual coronavirus effect baffles doctors | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/happy-hypoxia-unusual-coronavirus-effect-baffles-doctors

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 10:01am

Yes, got one of those oxomiters in early March when they were easily obtained from Amazon and super cheap...

One of my sister's did a lot of searching for one for my elderly parents to use during this time...she finally found one to be delivered to them and it was super expensive...

so what does my Father do? He goes to her house and gives it back to her.

Yes, my father doesn't take any of this seriously as I have lamented on here before...what I don't understand is his lack of even a semblance of care towards my elderly mother and my disabled sister (who has diabetes and is overweight) that lives with them. If he doesn't want to use it ...so be it...but at least keep it for them.

It's impossible to get through to him and he is still not wearing a mask anywhere he goes, even though it is mandated for our state. I hear he is shopping at Aldi without one all the time and here he is 89 and a one year only survivor of cancer.

It pains us siblings a great deal. 

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 11:40am

Originally posted by Tabitha111 Tabitha111 wrote:

Yes, got one of those oxomiters in early March when they were easily obtained from Amazon and super cheap...

One of my sister's did a lot of searching for one for my elderly parents to use during this time...she finally found one to be delivered to them and it was super expensive...

so what does my Father do? He goes to her house and gives it back to her.

Yes, my father doesn't take any of this seriously as I have lamented on here before...what I don't understand is his lack of even a semblance of care towards my elderly mother and my disabled sister (who has diabetes and is overweight) that lives with them. If he doesn't want to use it ...so be it...but at least keep it for them.

It's impossible to get through to him and he is still not wearing a mask anywhere he goes, even though it is mandated for our state. I hear he is shopping at Aldi without one all the time and here he is 89 and a one year only survivor of cancer.

It pains us siblings a great deal. 

Ugh, I'm sorry.  Seems like a lot of people have had issues with their parents during this time.  

My Dad is trying, but... this morning he was going to get his hair cut, so of course I asked "do you have one of your N95 masks with you?" "Uhh, no. I think I'm out". (I gave them 20 back when this started along with instructions to do the put in paper bag with the date then reuse . So no idea how they've managed to have no usable ones left.) And last week he was wearing a torn procedure mask, after coming from the grocery store. It's frustrating and scary.

Fortunately we don't have a ton of cases here, otherwise it would be a much bigger deal. But still. Sighing for both of us.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic