Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

July Prepping 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 5:03am

In "RANT", roni3470 heard from a friend who was a manager at Target that Target corporate put out the directive of limiting on package of paper towels and toilet paper per customer.  

As I was filling out an online order I saw that Amazon Fresh was doing the same thing.  I checked around on a couple of other online shopping sites I use and found the same all around. All of these sites are connected to brick and mortar so I imagine the same is happening all over.  Anyone notice something while shopping at a brick and mortar?

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 10:11am

I did notice at my big Walmart supercenter about a week ago, that the toilet paper and paper towel section had huge empty gaps in it. I did not think anything at the time, except they had not got around to restocking. Now I think there may be more to it...

Also, for the love of all that is holy....impossible to find Lysol spray or equivalent and the wipes (Clorox, Lysol, store brand, etc) That part of the shelves in every single store I go in is empty all of the time.

I resorted to putting in an order at Amazon Fresh to get 1 Lysol spray and 1 Clorox wipes.

It seemed like the only way.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 1:07pm

Heads up:

Everyone needs to save your spray pumps and  from sanitizer, soap and other dispensers

I  was talking about a shortage of aluminum cans awhile back on this forum , and I heard on a radio talk show on Friday that there is also a shortage of spray pumps for things like soap bottles, sanitizers, etc. 

So even if the supply of pump soap and sanitizers improves, the manufacturers won't be able to replenish the spray pumps, just refill bottles. So they are suggesting that everyone save their used containers with the spray pumps  as they are harder to produce.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 1:57pm

Costco today- limit one toilet paper per member (I think it was limit 2 the last time I made a Costco run). Also their Kirkland brand bacon was limit one per customer. (Other varieties had no limit). Kirkland was the cheapest per pound. We used a lot of bacon during the shut down, as it’s versatile. So I’ll be adding more to the freezer soon.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 9:53am

Well, we might have a Cat 1 or 2 Hurricane brushing our area. ( Virginia Beach) Still not a concise track.

Went to Aldi today to get the week's groceries.

I always buy a few extra cans of this or that or napkins, etc. to put in the pantry.

Was in the produce section when two youngish (maybe late 20's) guys walked in, no masks, they headed right for me, no distance at all...I backed up and went "whoa" out loud, the guy goes "what?" I say "no masks" he starts "do you know that masks...." I cut him off "I don't want to hear it, I have a medical background so don't waste your breathe" then he says under his breath "uneducated" and walks off...of course me being me...sometimes hard for me to keep my mouth shut says "hey, I am more educated than you are" ...the end. No he didn't curse me, or come at me...but yes, I realize that these situations are not ideal. sigh.
Just call me frustrated. 

p.s masks are mandated in Virginia

Car is gassed up. Plenty of food and water in the house. Its wait and see right now.

--Confucius

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 1:06pm

What's your elevation above sea level, Tabitha?  

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 2:31pm

9 meters

I have lived here 19 years, used to this kind of thing.

--Confucius

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 2:48pm

Stay safe, Tabitha!

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 6:35pm

Okay so you don't have to worry about storm surge.  Stay safe Tabitha.  Being a nor'east coaster, I've gotten through a few myself.  I never worried much except when we started having tornadoes somewhere in the 00's.  Thank you climate change!

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 10:28pm

Go, Tabitha!! I guess we could argue that it is the onus of the educated to correct those who _think_ they are right when their fragile grasp of logic fails...right?  

It can be very hard to hold one’s tongue when people so blatantly eschew the mandates that are put into place for the protection of others. They just don’t care. 

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 9:48pm

Best of luck to you Tabitha. I lived in Norfolk for 10 years. One block from the Elizabeth River an a few blocks over from ODU. Depending on when high tide was and storm surge would depend on how close the water came. I loved Norfolk, but wouldn't want to live there now. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 12:00pm

My son graduated from ODU.

Yes, it floods there terribly.

I retired in this area (Hampton Roads) when my ship (USS Nimitz) pulled into the yards for an overhaul.

Small world!

--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 2:29pm

FWIW, NYC is preparing for Isaias  as if it were Superstorm Sandy.  Evidently two fronts are moving east to meet up with Isaias as it enters the northeast.  Meteorologists here are warning we could have the strongest wind and rains since Sandy.  This will funnel waters in through the waterways the way it did with Sandy.  They're preparing the flood gates in the tunnels as we speak and when winds hit 49mph, train service, buses, etc... will be shut down.  

I'm fine.  I'm on top of a ridge.  Although I'm within walking distance to the harbor, my elevation is just under 100 feet.  

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 2:45pm

Definitely a small world, I've been on the Nimitz. You guys be careful. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic