Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

As far as Pandemics go ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: As far as Pandemics go ...
    Posted: August 12 2020 at 5:12am

a Case Mortality rate of less than 10% is quite good really.

There has been 20 million cases world wide and 700k deaths to the rate of death seems to be around 3.5% or so.

The H5N1 virus has a death rate of 60%

The H7N9 virus has a rate of 30%

Big difference.

They are still yet to come.

This is just a dress rehearsal. 

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 5:51am

Well, it's one helluva dry run!   

Rollingsalmon View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollingsalmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 11:13am

The consensus among epidemiologists is that eventually, 70% of the world's population will be infected. But let's just look at the US for now. There are about 345,000,000 in the US.  70% of that is 241,500,000--------> Americans  infected. If the 3.5% number is correct, there will be 845,250 dead Americans.

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 11:17am

Very sobering   I wish those that still say this is all made up virus think twice

Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 4:27pm

If 30% of Americans get it - its a cat 5 pandemic and 30% is what you can expect

that is 98.4 million Americans

thats in round figures 3.5 million dead

Right now its nowhere near that so this pandemic could be a lot worse

Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2020 at 2:45am

still less than 2% of USA citizens infected

better that 25%

Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 3:45pm

I still say we are getting off easy

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 5:12pm

Yes Kilt5 here in Australia we have gotten off very lightly so far.......

I pity the people and the health care workers who are getting hit hard by this......

Thousands out of work......in many countries

Hospitals overrun.....not able to cope...... Other health priorities put back.....more people dying from that.....

Imagine if this is going to happen every year...... 

Not as bad as a slate wiper......

More insidious.....methinks..

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
morpheuskrs View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morpheuskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2020 at 3:07am

Being based in the UK, we only get the bare minimum of info on the USA situation.

However, I would point out, that the same results in terms of eventual unemployed will happen.

That is, every business, on both sides of the Atlantic will be carefully looking at who they can do without. It is a simple exercise to automate production of almost anything. The resultant unemployment could be staggering. From what I understand, there will also be an epidemic of evictions from homes. America could see millions of homeless, and from a UK point of view...the same could happen here (on a smaller scale). That leads to civil unrest.

The only benefit from that would be a collapse in rental values, and property values all round, but if you haven't got a job, and you are already homeless, you will not be entitled to any benefits, homing, or help of any kind, because you have no address. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is a criminal offence in the USA, to have 'No visible means of support'. Even to a 'Brit' that is a terrifying proposition.

Morpheus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic