Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Covid over in 30 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 9:55am

BUT, it cripples many folks with post-Covid-related illness that send people back in the hospital, keeps them out of work, and costs tax dollars.  A goodly portion of those people will never return to work.  A percentage of them will never be the same, as indicated upthread.

BUT, we don't know what surprises Covid has for us coming down the pike, ala Shingles, Post-Polio Syndrome, Encephalitis Lethargica, etc.  You will not know the cost of this disease potentially for 20, 50, 100 years.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 9:56am

BUT, it cripples many folks with post-Covid-related illness that send people back in the hospital, keeps them out of work, and costs tax dollars.  A goodly portion of those people will never return to work.  A percentage of them will never be the same, as indicated upthread.

BUT, we don't know what surprises Covid has for us coming down the pike, ala Shingles, Post-Polio Syndrome, Encephalitis Lethargica, etc.  You will not know the cost of this disease potentially for 20, 50, 100 years.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 9:58am

Oops, sorry, don't know why that posted twice.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 10:51am

But, you made your point well enough to be worth a second post, Vi.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 5:12pm

Lol, I don't know about all that, but it's sweet of you to say, Techno!

I feel pretty strongly about it, especially in light of stories like this one, the story of the late Texas Roadhouse restaurant CEO:

https://www.aol.com/tinnitus-covid-19-connection-explained-011631547.html

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 6:29am

Covid was a political con job and you all got dusted.

I hear Crow is tasty.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 7:58am

Guess it's hard to see when you're down the πŸ‡hole.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 4:24pm

CNN : Signs of collapse across Brazil as Covid spirals out of control. Bolsonaro seems to have little response.

http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/J_izdHnXPGg/index.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 5:10pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 5:14pm

Marcus Aurelius
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 8:06am

Perspective. 8 billion people on earth. 

2.8 million died from Covid. Most were comorbid and over 70. 

That's 1 in 2860

If 2860 people are in a room and every year one person died. 

Would you be concerned?  

Just remember 293 people in that room would be over 70. 

Covid is over. Its under control. There is nothing to fear anymore. Its a powderpuff. 

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 8:12am

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 2:41pm

BBC News - Covid: France schools to close under third lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56597319

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 2:42pm

New Scientist: Brazil faces health system collapse as covid-19 cases skyrocket.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24933283-500-brazil-faces-health-system-collapse-as-covid-19-cases-skyrocket/

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 2:43pm

CNN : A dangerous coronavirus variant is wreaking havoc in parts of Europe. Experts fear US could be next.

http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/PuZ5ulwTJXE/index.html

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 2:54pm

Covid infections in the USA are 30million with 500k dead,

Given the population of the USA is 3028 million......

A lot more could be infected.....alot more could die....

So it's not over won't be for years.....

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Covid infections in the USA are 30million with 500k dead,

Given the population of the USA is 3028 million......

A lot more could be infected.....alot more could die....

So it's not over won't be for years.....

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Your finger hit an extra key there Carbon. ;)

The population of the US is 328 million, but still lots of room for more infections.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 4:03pm

Oppps sorry ,

it would be a little crowded....

Hard to social distance....lol

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2021 at 9:39am

Yes, and I think that, even though the US has a higher percentage of cases than the rest of the world, the situation is still the same everywhere.  Dutch Josh's Scenarios highlights the possibility that vaccinating against the original strain of Covid may enable other more contagious and virulent strains to emerge, and they may be alot more difficult to vaccinate against.  Contrary to Cobber's statistic, largely due to shutdowns of varying degrees, distancing and PPEs, we have succeeded in mitigating the spread of Covid, so the whole population has not been exposed to it.  We cannot vaccinate our way out of this totally.  We are still going to have to use distancing, PPEs, contact tracing, and occasional rolling shutdowns in our auxiliary toolkit, while hopefully succeeding in creating booster vaccines in order to guard against variants, recombinations, etc.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2021 at 5:23pm

There are five more ways of looking at this, Cobber:

The disease maims some people.  We don't know what percentage of those people will never fully recover.

Yes, some of those over 70s with co morbidities would have died anyway.  But not all and every life matters.

The more people who have the virus, the more chances it gets to become nastier.  

The current death toll is lowered by the social distancing, hygene, medicine and masking.  It would be far, far worse without it.

The toll on health services is deadly enough.  I know people who have lost kith and kin to the virus, but even more who have lost people to the strain on the medical services.  Either way, folk are dead.

It is also a slow and horrible way to die.

'And it's not over yet!

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2021 at 10:13pm

It would be "nice" if we could avoid a PPG-Permanent Pandemic Genocide...Going for "herd-immunity" in this Covid19 crisis was a bad choice. The poor are paying the price dying in the thousends each day...

There are ways to stop it. Covid over in 30 days is a matter of choices...A 30 day almost global lockdown most likely would bring the R0 far under 1-also do a lot to stop variants. Global vaccinations could limit disease, spread of infections...

The only reason "we" are NOT stopping Covid is greed !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 1:41am

DW (English): The coronavirus pandemic is far from over.

https://dw.com/p/3eO3O?maca=en-gk-volltext-newsstand-topstories-en-10709-xml-googlenews

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2021 at 7:09am
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 6:11am

'And https://www.avianflutalk.com/three-million-covid-deaths_topic43843_post306182.html#306182 which seems to show it is accelerating and worsening.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 3:24pm

The Associated Press: Worldwide COVID-19 death toll tops a staggering 3 million.

https://apnews.com/ccad03475cfd5c846f11189a8bfd99c7

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 5:42am

I've been away from the forum for a while and am surprised people are still feeding into this. But then, stress needs a vent. Even before I stepped away, I stopped commenting on cobber's opinions.  Why? Because cobber has no skin in this game.  He and his are not in any danger.  He's an armchair critic.  After being up close and personal to the 1993 Trade Center bombing and subsequently 9/11, I learned a lot about armchair critics and their ease and spreading BS.  It's just that. And it's inconsequential.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 5:44am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

I've been away from the forum for a while and am surprised people are still feeding into this. But then, stress needs a vent. Even before I stepped away, I stopped commenting on cobber's opinions.  Why? Because cobber has no skin in this game.  He and his are not in any danger.  He's an armchair critic.  After being up close and personal to the 1993 Trade Center bombing and subsequently 9/11, I learned a lot about armchair critics and their ease and spreading BS.  It's just that. And it's inconsequential.

Missed you WM,

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 9:57am

Ditto.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 8:57am

+3.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 3:47pm

Awwww thanks guys!  That made me feel all warm and fuzzy!    

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 4:26pm

Your very welcome......πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic