Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Trump tests positive for Covid.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trump tests positive for Covid.......
    Posted: October 01 2020 at 10:30pm

BBC News - Coronavirus: Trump and first lady test positive for coronavirus after going into quarantine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 10:30pm

LMAO

Sorry shouldn't laugh but talk about ironic......

Karma ......

Stay safe all 🤡😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by "BBC" "BBC" wrote:

The president, aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group

Mr Trump's physician Sean Conley released a statement, saying the president and the first lady "are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence"  

As with anyone with this disease I do wish him and his wife a safe recovery. 

But this will make the election process more interesting.   What is the procedure if he becomes very ill, will his chosen running mate be the one to vote for (it seems too short to choose another candidate)?

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:11am

I'm chucking too.  

I am ashamed!  He is still a human being.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 4:49am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

I am ashamed!  He is still a human being.

The quality of human being is a matter for debate!

But... we'll see how this develops.  I'm surprised it took this long for him to become infected.  

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 5:56am

[url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/president-tests-positive-for-covid-19[/url] or https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/president-tests-positive-for-covid-19 ;

The positive tests come just hours after the White House announced that senior aide Hope Hicks had come down with the virus after traveling with the president.

She is said to have first felt poorly on Wednesday, returning from Minnesota. Hicks was quarantined away from others on the plane and her diagnosis was confirmed Thursday, according to an administration official. But despite her symptoms as early as Wednesday evening Trump then continued with his schedule Thursday and traveled to and from Bedminster, New Jersey. He flew then back to the White House Thursday evening.

It is not known why the president's test took so long to come back. Trump only said he and Melania were were in quarantine on Thursday evening.

It should be pointed out that Hope Hicks HAS symptoms.  Neither the President nor the First Lady report any symptoms.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 5:58am

I'm surprised they told us he positive.....

Must mean he's OK..... Lol

Marcus Aurelius
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 6:07am
This morning it was announced that US President Trump has become infected with the corona virus. Trump has gone into home isolation with his wife Melania. His wax figure at Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam has now also been 'quarantined'. Equipped with a mouth mask, and shielded by yellow-black ribbons, the 'infected' Trump stands in front of the window on the Dam. 'Caution. Quarantine area ', is displayed on the window.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 6:19am

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

I'm surprised they told us he positive.....

Must mean he's OK..... Lol

I'm not. Trump will not miss this chance to spin it to being no worse than the common cold.  That being said, I do not expect the severity to be released.  

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 7:33am

So now showing some symptoms, it is still early in the illness so things could change.

Originally posted by "BBC Live News" "BBC Live News" wrote:

Breaking     Trump experiencing 'mild symptoms'

President Donald Trump is experiencing "mild symptoms" of Covid-19, the Associated Press and New York Times report, quoting an unnamed White House official.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 7:45am

The news here is that he tested positive before his New Jersey rally, but went anyway.  

I maintain we will be told what TPTB want us to know.    

The news says "mild symptoms".  I can't help but think he is in the highest risk category for serious illness.

WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 10:07am

God's will: Trump trumped.

I like Ike
Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 10:15am

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

Originally posted by "BBC" "BBC" wrote:

The president, aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group

Mr Trump's physician Sean Conley released a statement, saying the president and the first lady "are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence"  

As with anyone with this disease I do wish him and his wife a safe recovery. 

But this will make the election process more interesting.   What is the procedure if he becomes very ill, will his chosen running mate be the one to vote for (it seems too short to choose another candidate)?

I do not know what happens if a candidate dies before the election (speaking hypothetically here, of course).  I would guess that his name would still be on the ballot as there is no longer time left to get it off.  The assumption is that his VP would take office in his place. 

I do know that the US Constitution provides for the case where the President elect dies before he/she can take office.  In this case the Vice President Elect takes office as president.

If the candidate is only very sick, he would be the one to vote for.  If he gets better, he becomes President, if he dies then his VP becomes president.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 10:25am

Thanks Little House.  That does make sense, and seems geared for as much stability as possible,

I have read that the election could be delayed in BOTH houses agreed, but the Presidential term would end on the set date (to extend the term would need a change in the constitution with its 2/3rds majority - so basically that is not going to happen).

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 11:01am

In the event of an illness (or worse) the VP/running mate would take over.  There will be an election.  

Pure conjecture on my part but with Trump NEVER having supported quarantine, and that fact that there is no talk of his scheduled rallies, my take on this is that if he's quarantined, and not tweeting about his upcoming Florida rallies then he is far more ill then we are being told.  

Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 12:23pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

In the event of an illness (or worse) the VP/running mate would take over.  There will be an election.  

Pure conjecture on my part but with Trump NEVER having supported quarantine, and that fact that there is no talk of his scheduled rallies, my take on this is that if he's quarantined, and not tweeting about his upcoming Florida rallies then he is far more ill then we are being told.  

Yes, I agree, there will be an election.  I just don’t see any scenario where it is delayed.  

I also agree with you on the idea that he is pretty sick.  My thought was that he has talked so often about the virus not being a big deal.  He would want to play that up as much as possible, if he could.  And at the same time, they don’t want to let the whole world know if he is really sick. So I would guess that no news is bad news.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

The news here is that he tested positive before his New Jersey rally, but went anyway.  

I maintain we will be told what TPTB want us to know.    

The news says "mild symptoms".  I can't help but think he is in the highest risk category for serious illness.

Where is here? Speculationvillle? WooWooville?

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 1:15pm

[Image: 5TofBDH.jpg]

― Ben Shapiro
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 1:31pm

Yes, he's sicker than they're saying.  Multiple sources have confirmed fever and a cough, and this just came out.

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 1:34pm
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:21pm

[url]https://www.rt.com/usa/502352-simpsons-trump-dead-twitter/[/url] or https://www.rt.com/usa/502352-simpsons-trump-dead-twitter/ 

Fortunately for Trump, however, his death or funeral have not actually appeared on the show throughout its 31-season run – and the image, which was widely shared online, was just manufactured to look like a shot from the iconic cartoon.

The fake originally appeared back in August and was for some reason interlinked with a viral conspiracy-spoof on TikTok, which promised that something important was about to happen on August 27. The image spread in conjunction with that theory, with many believing that the Simpsons had shown Trump dying on that date in one of its episodes.

While the Simpsons’ Trump death prediction is not real, the show has seemingly predicted the future on a few occasions. In one example, the episode ‘Marge in Chains’ began with the outbreak of an epidemic and ended with riots and vandalism, which bears a remarkable resemblance to the year 2020.

~Albert Einstein
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:24pm

He's going to Walter Reed "out of an abundance of caution".

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:24pm

Hope he goes to the light.  

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:39pm

mcclatchydc Logo

LOCAL

Trump going to Walter Reed hospital after testing positive for COVID-19

Duration 7:36

Meadows: President Trump has 'mild symptoms' after COVID diagnosis

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told reporters on October 2, 2020, that "The President and the First Lady tested positive for COVID-19. They remain in good spirits. The President does have mild symptoms." BY C-SPAN

WASHINGTON

President Donald Trump is being transported to Walter Reed Hospital in Maryland “for the next few days” after being diagnosed with the coronavirus, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said on Friday evening.

Ever since receiving a positive COVID-19 test result in the early hours of the morning, Trump has been recovering in the residence on the second floor of the presidential mansion. He began taking treatments today, according to a memo from the White House physician released by the press office.

“President Trump remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day,” McEnany said in a statement. “Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days. President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady.”

The drugs include an experimental antibody cocktail produced by Regeneron, which has shown promise in reducing the viral load in positive coronavirus patients and alleviating their symptoms, as well as zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and aspirin.

“He’s tired,” one source familiar with the matter told McClatchy. Trump has also developed a cough and a fever — two common symptoms of the coronavirus — according to media reports, and in the memo released by the White House, Trump’s physician Sean Conley described him as “fatigued but in good spirits.”

Today’s top headlines

Sign up for the Afternoon Update and get the day’s biggest stories in your inbox.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

WHITE HOUSE SHAKEN

A White House that has for weeks been drifting away from established public health guidelines to control the spread of the coronavirus was shocked into action in the early hours of Friday morning by Trump’s diagnosis.

Several senior staff members decided on their own not to report for work in-person, and those who did show up began wearing masks in the tight quarters of the West Wing, where face coverings were mandatory only for a brief period last May after one of the first positive cases was identified in the building.

The news that the president and first lady Melania Trump were positive for COVID-19 – a disease that could hobble the first couple for weeks, just one month out from Election Day – was followed by a confirmation of several positive cases among individuals who have visited the White House or met with Trump over the past week.

The first lady “remains well with only a mild cough and headache,” the White House physician wrote.

Local news has never been more important

Subscribe for unlimited digital access to the news that matters to your community.

#READLOCAL

Contact tracers at the White House are now mapping out who infected individuals interacted with in recent days. Over months of study, scientists have reached a consensus that the disease could have an incubation period between two and 14 days after an individual has been infected.

While Trump has only mild symptoms for now, and first learned of his diagnosis early Friday morning, his staff is already acknowledging that the president is in several high risk categories, and may on the advice of his White House physician consider therapeutic drugs that could stave off a more serious infection.

The president, 74, is clinically overweight and has taken medicine to manage his cholesterol levels. Men and the elderly also face greater odds of serious cases or death from the coronavirus.

On average, individuals who get severe cases experience worsening health between five and 10 days from the onset of symptoms. Trump reportedly began feeling symptoms on Wednesday.

Before the president’s physician released an update, another White House official noted that Trump’s has previously expressed a willingness to take Remdesivir, one of the few drugs that has a proven ability of lessening the severity of the disease in later stages. Trump this spring said he had taken hydroxychloroquine — a drug that the FDA has advised Americans not to take to treat the coronavirus — in the hopes that it would help him stave off infection.

Trump canceled a planned trip to Florida on Friday as well as all additional foreseeable travel, and had Vice President Mike Pence fill in for him on a call regarding COVID-19 support to vulnerable seniors.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters that Trump was still working the phones during recovery, calling Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., after his diagnosis.

Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, would not speculate what types of therapies the president might consider now that he is battling the virus.

“He continues to be not only in good spirits but very energetic,” Meadows said.

“I’m not going to get into any particular treatment that he may or may not have. He has mild symptoms,” Meadows told reporters. “The doctors continue to monitor both his health and the health of the first lady.”

true
President Donald Trump, center, is seen seated inside Marine One helicopter, not wearing a face mask, as he and members of his staff, including White House director of social media Dan Scavino, left, arrive at the White House in Washington, Oct. 1, 2020. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster) CAROLYN KASTER AP
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Interesting perspective wishing someone dead.

― Ben Shapiro
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 2:52pm

If any one has forgotten this is the man through his total lack of concern 207,000 souls have passed needlessly,how many desperate people seeking medical assistance was sent home,only told to come back when you can’t breathe and cyanotic or worst die at home. He does not deserve the over the top care he is receiving,Donnie, karma is a bitch,get to the back of the line!

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:04pm

Hope his medical insurance is up to date......

Marcus Aurelius
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:05pm

Yeah... abundance of caution... 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

That's not the first time I've seen that sentiment expressed today.  

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

If any one has forgotten this is the man through his total lack of concern 207,000 souls have passed needlessly,how many desperate people seeking medical assistance was sent home,only told to come back when you can’t breathe and cyanotic or worst die at home. He does not deserve the over the top care he is receiving,Donnie, karma is a bitch,get to the back of the line!

Pro tip bigger font doesn't make it true. So go ahead and cite articles, studies where all these people are being turned away from treatment and dying. They are not. The hospitals are not overwhelmed. In fact if you are uninsured the US government picks up the cost of treatment and care for COVID. 

WASHINGTON — Uninsured Americans will be able to seek coronavirus treatment for free, with the federal government agreeing to cover hospitals’ expenses, President Trump announced Friday.

The provision will be covered by a $100 billion fund for healthcare providers that was part of a historic enormous $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package passed by Congress last month.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/us-government-will-cover-uninsured-americans-covid-19-treatment/

― Ben Shapiro
ksc View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ksc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:23pm

live footage streaming from the wh....

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:32pm

AI....
sorry to disappoint you but I usually compose off site,that is the font,Shooting from the hip is not my style.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:37pm

Odd trump gives the 

OK

to  the medical health package on the day he's air lifted to hospital......

Or not as the case may be........ 

Maybe a coincidence....😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

AI....
sorry to disappoint you but I usually compose off site,that is the font,Shooting from the hip is not my style.

Understood technical difficulties aside, still waiting for all those who have been denied treatment or care studies and articles.

― Ben Shapiro
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 7:36pm

I believe in Karma, but I also know that bad things happen to good people.  I also would never ever wish death or pain on anyone even my worst enemies.  But again I do believe in Karma.  I do hope that they fully recover, but I also hope they learn a lesson.  One can hope!!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 7:53pm

I am an infectious disease specialist with extensive medical training....I predict, here and now, that Trump is going to suffer a stroke initiated by SARS-CoV2.  This virus has some nasty circulatory system effects and is implicated in causing strokes.  

Watch for it.  I think that is why they moved him to Walter Reed Hospital so quickly.  

Be safe, Chuck

CRS, DrPH
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 8:36pm
~Albert Einstein
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 9:51pm
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 2:15am

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

Also, this is infuriating and mind boggling.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/02/what-we-know-about-risk-trumps-infection-posed-those-around-him-this-week/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3VG_b0W3DsBAyawLoqedTbgP4AhpIEtSMIp2NhlsJnvnRLdiaHQobgya4

If I copy and paste it's 8 pages in a word doc, so hopefully you can access the link. 

Thanks, that was very enlightening!  I agree with the assessment of risk for each meeting Trump had.  Sad. 

CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 2:19am

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/apparently-rapid-progression-of-trump-s-illness-raises-concerns-among-experts-93049925626

Thanks, and I concur!  

Trouble signs include fever, shortness of breath and fatigue.  As the virus infection ramps up, his body may become overwhelmed - this would include a cytokine storm in his lung tissue, tiny blood clots causing stroke and heart problems, kidney failure and other effects.  

It is telling that they immediately began slamming his body with unproven/experimental therapies (polyclonal antibodies and remdesivir).  I think they assume that, due to his likely exposure history (especially to Hope Hicks) and age/comorbid status, he received a high viral load and will have an accelerated disease course.  

I've read that his risk of death is 5% to 20%, which is considerable.  

CRS, DrPH
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 3:51am

The BBC is reporting that the White House tried to hid the news of Trump going to hospital.   I suspect that if there is bad news (ie the condition gets more serious) then the authorities will try to slow its release.    

But at least he was able to walk to and from the helicopter.

Quote News about the president's visit to the hospital leaked accidentally - by someone who sent an email before reading it.  
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54392767

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 4:58am

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

I am an infectious disease specialist with extensive medical training....I predict, here and now, that Trump is going to suffer a stroke initiated by SARS-CoV2.  This virus has some nasty circulatory system effects and is implicated in causing strokes.  

Watch for it.  I think that is why they moved him to Walter Reed Hospital so quickly.  

Be safe, Chuck

I'd be surprised if they didn't have him on Heparin or Warfarin or some other heavy duty blood thinner.  

I was interested to learn they had him on melatonin.  That's a new one on me.  Any insight to that, Chuck?  

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 7:35am

I was wondering that myself, yesterday, Witchy, searched around and came up with this:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32217117/

This article summarizes the likely benefits of melatonin in the attenuation of COVID-19 based on its putative pathogenesis. The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has become a pandemic with tens of thousands of infected patients. Based on clinical features, pathology, the pathogenesis of acute respiratory disorder induced by either highly homogenous coronaviruses or other pathogens, the evidence suggests that excessive inflammation, oxidation, and an exaggerated immune response very likely contribute to COVID-19 pathology. This leads to a cytokine storm and subsequent progression to acute lung injury (ALI)/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and often death. Melatonin, a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative molecule, is protective against ALI/ARDS caused by viral and other pathogens. Melatonin is effective in critical care patients by reducing vessel permeability, anxiety, sedation use, and improving sleeping quality, which might also be beneficial for better clinical outcomes for COVID-19 patients. Notably, melatonin has a high safety profile. There is significant data showing that melatonin limits virus-related diseases and would also likely be beneficial in COVID-19 patients. Additional experiments and clinical studies are required to confirm this speculation.

Upon seeing that, I decided to add it to my arsenal.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 9:11am

Thanks for that ViQueen!  Better look up the dosage, ViQueen.  I use melatonin when I have trouble sleeping but it's a tiny dose - 1.5mg.  

But it's interesting to note doctors are treating him as a severely ill patient. The question is: Is he severely ill? Or are doctors trying to stave off severe illness? If the latter, is it an effective treatment? I know Resdemisvir is approved by the FDA for trials. Not proven.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 10:29am

I will do that, Witchy, thanks!

I think for right now, it's prophylactic, but it's hard to tell.  I'm sure his doctors have thought of what Chuck has said and it could be they are trying all these treatments to see if they work, and if there are side effects.  If no side effects, and if the Covid hasn't ramped up, they may send him home and continue treatment there.  I believe he's supposed to be released in the next day or two.  If he's not, that will tell a different story.  The timeline is something we can't be sure of.  Supposedly, he was asymptomatic as late as yesterday morning, but I read a report that his staffers felt he was a bit off as early as Wednesday, and he cut an appearance short at 75 minutes.  I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic