Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WHO says 10% of world has CoVid.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 6:11am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

And as for correcting false or incorrect information yep, guilty as charged, oh well. Is this site about factual information or just whatever gobbilty gook gets posted and claimed as factual information? And the fact that it happens to be women posting incorrect information more so then men, is merely happenstance. Correct information is not sexist, sorry non factor nice try. Oh and if I was wrong on information I posted or stated, rest assured I'd be corrected and have been before. And insults have been slung both ways, guess you missed that part huh. "Cheery picking" right Techno LOL.

And yes there is a pattern by the drama squad, just as there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so, but just don't offend the vegans right LOL. Oh the hypocrisy of that is hilarious.

And I keep hearing this is a prepping site, but surely not my use for it. I wouldn't use a dentist for a medical physician, although a dentist may be able to perform some of the same procedures as a physician. There are specialized sites, with far more information for prepping and survival.

Ok, no cherry picking, but point by point.

1.  Flumom was banned from the moderator forum.  She left the rest of site of her own free will.  She is still listed as 'active'  FluMom.  Neither Jacksdad nor I are 'wrong', just talking about slightly different things.

2.  Cherry picked data is misleading, even when technically correct.  The true horror of this is, I believe it to be deliberate on your part.

3. Insults have been slung both ways.  You however seem to start it and if you are shown to be at fault, you get more agressive, instead of appologising, which is what polite, responsible adults do.  We have all accidentally got stuff wrong occasionally.  Saying: 'Sorry!' and putting it right come easily to most of us, as our intentions are honourable in the main.  Staying on the attack and turning everything into a pi**ing contest is what immature teenagers in High-School do (because their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed).

Originally posted by ai ai wrote:

there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so
 I have seen far more of this from Trump supporters than those whom argue against him.  The anti-Trump squad belittle HIM, the pro-Trump squad belittle those who do not support him.  Politicians are fair-game; they put themselves up for it.

5. Disease watching and avoidance is part of prepping, not a separate thing.  This is a disease monitoring site, mostly crewed and visited by preppers.  It carries lots of general prepping information - because it speaks mostly to, of and among preppers, but the general prepping information is also available all over the net.  So, disease preparedness is our speciality topic, within the context of prepping.  But the whole thing is interconnected.

So now I have dealt with all your points, in turn, in the order you raised them, it is time for you to answer my question.  You may think you already did.  But you did not.  'Information' is not an answer, especially as you seem to think we all have it wrong.  So why are you on a site you think has it all wrong, if not to poke fun at the members?   Your posted information appears deliberately misleading and microscopically hair-splitting, so it can't be to 'put us straight'.

NOW, FOR THE FIFTH TIME OF ASKING, ANSWER THE QUESTION:  "Why are you here?"

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 11:49am

Stop deflecting. Your behavior has resulted in admin receiving complaints. A quick skim through your posts shows that certain people - Technophobe and WitchMisspelled in particular - seem to be targets of your ego. This is all I’m willing to address, so don’t try to change the focus because it won’t happen.

If I showed up on a forum, and in less than a year began to denigrate other members, I wouldn’t expect to be around long. Don’t abuse our tolerance, and try acting like you’re part of the site, and not someone who looks down on every other member. If you can’t debate without insults, we’re going to have a problem that can be easily fixed. Don’t expect an endless supply of second chances.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

And as for correcting false or incorrect information yep, guilty as charged, oh well. Is this site about factual information or just whatever gobbilty gook gets posted and claimed as factual information? And the fact that it happens to be women posting incorrect information more so then men, is merely happenstance. Correct information is not sexist, sorry non factor nice try. Oh and if I was wrong on information I posted or stated, rest assured I'd be corrected and have been before. And insults have been slung both ways, guess you missed that part huh. "Cheery picking" right Techno LOL.

And yes there is a pattern by the drama squad, just as there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so, but just don't offend the vegans right LOL. Oh the hypocrisy of that is hilarious.

And I keep hearing this is a prepping site, but surely not my use for it. I wouldn't use a dentist for a medical physician, although a dentist may be able to perform some of the same procedures as a physician. There are specialized sites, with far more information for prepping and survival.

Ok, no cherry picking, but point by point.

1.  Flumom was banned from the moderator forum.  She left the rest of site of her own free will.  She is still listed as 'active'  FluMom.  Neither Jacksdad nor I are 'wrong', just talking about slightly different things.

2.  Cherry picked data is misleading, even when technically correct.  The true horror of this is, I believe it to be deliberate on your part.

3. Insults have been slung both ways.  You however seem to start it and if you are shown to be at fault, you get more agressive, instead of appologising, which is what polite, responsible adults do.  We have all accidentally got stuff wrong occasionally.  Saying: 'Sorry!' and putting it right come easily to most of us, as our intentions are honourable in the main.  Staying on the attack and turning everything into a pi**ing contest is what immature teenagers in High-School do (because their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed).

Originally posted by ai ai wrote:

there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so
 I have seen far more of this from Trump supporters than those whom argue against him.  The anti-Trump squad belittle HIM, the pro-Trump squad belittle those who do not support him.  Politicians are fair-game; they put themselves up for it.

5. Disease watching and avoidance is part of prepping, not a separate thing.  This is a disease monitoring site, mostly crewed and visited by preppers.  It carries lots of general prepping information - because it speaks mostly to, of and among preppers, but the general prepping information is also available all over the net.  So, disease preparedness is our speciality topic, within the context of prepping.  But the whole thing is interconnected.

So now I have dealt with all your points, in turn, in the order you raised them, it is time for you to answer my question.  You may think you already did.  But you did not.  'Information' is not an answer, especially as you seem to think we all have it wrong.  So why are you on a site you think has it all wrong, if not to poke fun at the members?   Your posted information appears deliberately misleading and microscopically hair-splitting, so it can't be to 'put us straight'.

NOW, FOR THE FIFTH TIME OF ASKING, ANSWER THE QUESTION:  "Why are you here?"

Don't use the "we", some on here actually stick to the information, factual valid information.

1. LOL that is a funny non answer, she was either banned or she wasn't.  According to you she wasn't, according to him, she was. Either way I liked FluMom, that gal had grit.

2. It's "cherry picking" when I do it but anyone one else or yourself does it, it's not. Not exactly objective.

3. The word ''seem" in your reply is highly relative and let's not forget your bias, that you engaged in numerous times. "Seems" you said more things about me, then I have about you. Guess you forgot all about that right. No worries.

4. Just wrong. If anything you helped forment the politically charged atmosphere and at the very least engaged in it. You know when Carbon was using Trump comments to troll and you encouraged it and protected him when it came back at him. Ah memory right.

5. Fair enough

ASKED AND ANSWERED FOR THE THIRD TIME. INFORMATION. TOO LOUD?????

And let's not forget all this because I laughed at Carbon for suggesting this event was some type of SHTF situation. While I have been accused of being insensitive numerous times on here, I would suggest that some are actually overly sensitive, way overly sensitive, so it seems. I'll have to work on my insensitive ways.  

118 best images about Butt hurt Eh? :^ on Pinterest | The internet, Get over it and Humor

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Stop deflecting. Your behavior has resulted in admin receiving complaints. A quick skim through your posts shows that certain people - Technophobe and WitchMisspelled in particular - seem to be targets of your ego. This is all I’m willing to address, so don’t try to change the focus because it won’t happen.

If I showed up on a forum, and in less than a year began to denigrate other members, I wouldn’t expect to be around long. Don’t abuse our tolerance, and try acting like you’re part of the site, and not someone who looks down on every other member. If you can’t debate without insults, we’re going to have a problem that can be easily fixed. Don’t expect an endless supply of second chances.

Well your quick skim missed a lot when you were gone. No worries.

― Ben Shapiro
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 10:18pm

It wasn’t a one liner, I’ll give you that, but still snarky nonetheless. Thanks for proving my point. Just wasn’t expecting a demonstration though. Much appreciated. 

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 11:57pm

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 12:02am

You might want to get back on track of the original subject.  It's actually no one's business why Flumom is no longer here. If anyone wants to know, they can go ask her. 

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 11:05am

Nobody was wrong.  It is just like in a workplace.  You have a manager in charge of, say 20 people.  She's worked at the company for many years, and worked her way up.   One day, she comes in and has a bad day, and makes a racist comment.  The comment is reported by some employees to other managers, who report it to the CEO.  As the company has a zero-tolerance policy, the CEO demotes her to being a regular employee again, basic salary, no perks.  With respect for her many years of service, she is not fired from the company.  She still works there, but she is no longer a manager.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 12:13pm

The original discussion is NOT about Flumom, so get back on track please.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:11pm

Is anyone else bored by this? AI is a waste of space on here, he's obviously an argumentative unhappy sort of guy, and the whole Flumom situation is old news, and was completely avoidable. It's her choice not to be on here anymore. Whilst she made a racist comment, all she had to do was to apologise for it but for some reason she wasn't prepared to do so. Personally I miss her because she contributed worthwhile comments to the conversation. Let's try and get back on track and move on.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:18pm

Right, time to move on.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:34pm

Well said.....

I have been trying......

Take care all  😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Is anyone else bored by this? AI is a waste of space on here, he's obviously an argumentative unhappy sort of guy, and the whole Flumom situation is old news, and was completely avoidable. It's her choice not to be on here anymore. Whilst she made a racist comment, all she had to do was to apologise for it but for some reason she wasn't prepared to do so. Personally I miss her because she contributed worthwhile comments to the conversation. Let's try and get back on track and move on.

Much of Philippine history was motivated by Filipinos' kneejerk butthurt reactions - Get Real Post

― Ben Shapiro
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 10:00pm

The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization said Monday its “best estimates” indicate that roughly 1 in 10 people worldwide may have been infected by the coronavirus — more than 20 times the number of confirmed cases — and warned of a difficult period ahead.

Dr. Michael Ryan, speaking to a special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board focusing on COVID-19, said the figures vary from urban to rural, and between different groups, but that ultimately it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” He said the pandemic would continue to evolve, but that tools exist to suppress transmission and save lives.

“Many deaths have been averted and many more lives can be protected," Ryan said. He was flanked by his boss, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who minutes earlier led a moment of silence to honor victims as well as round of applause for the health workers who have strived to save them.

Ryan said southeast Asia faced a surge in cases, Europe and the eastern Mediterranean were seeing an increase in deaths, while the situations in Africa and the Western Pacific were “rather more positive.”

"Our current best estimates tell us that about 10 percent of the global population may have been infected by this virus,” Ryan told attendees from member governments who make up the executive board and provide much of its funding.

The estimate — which would amount to more than 760 million people based on a current world population of about 7.6 billion — far outstrips the number of confirmed cases as tallied by both WHO and Johns Hopkins University, now more than 35 million worldwide.

Experts have long said that the number of confirmed cases greatly underestimates the true figure.

The comments came during a special session of the executive board to consider the follow-up to its previous meeting, in May, that passed a resolution to look into the world's — and WHO's — response to the pandemic. Ryan warned that the world was "now heading into a difficult period. The disease continues to spread. It is on the rise in many parts of the world.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/says-10-world-population-may-115400640.html

The China virus seems inevitable to most of us, unless a vaccine is rolled out soon.  We have plenty of cases here in my part of the woods.  I know five who have recovered, and the sixth in hospital.  With the WHO saying this many people having the virus and not dying, the odds are in my favor to survive the China virus.  

keep the joy
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 10:24am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic