Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WHO:herd immunity goal unethical.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO:herd immunity goal unethical.....
    Posted: October 12 2020 at 2:50pm

The Guardian: WHO chief says herd immunity approach to pandemic 'unethical'.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/12/who-chief-says-herd-immunity-approach-to-pandemic-unethical

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 3:34pm

I don't have a universal belief in the brillance of the WHO, but they are spot on there.

I'm pretty disgusted anyone could advocate that unconscionable process in the first place. Then again, similar scientific consortiums tried to keep us all smoking; so I really should not be surprised.  Money rules the world and is the driving force of many people; ethics, not so much.

Humans are 'Midway twixt ape and angel'; some people are just closer to one pole than the other, I suppose.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 3:52pm

Then there's this story.....

The Conversation UK: COVID-19 will probably become endemic – here's what that means.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19-will-probably-become-endemic-heres-what-that-means-146435

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 4:08pm

I think it already is. (Damn our money-grabbing governmental approach!  And I voted for them; NEVER AGAIN!)

Nonetheless, the harder we fight it until a vaccine allows us to beat it, the more people will keep their lives and health.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 8:14pm

The only truth that comes out of the WHO is when they are forced to backpedal. 

Everything they have said has been wrong. They are just a propaganda machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic