Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Long-Covid factors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long-Covid factors
    Posted: October 21 2020 at 1:37am

It seems that while men are more at risk of dying from covid, women are more at risk in getting long-covid.  Is this some sort of gender equality?

Quote .....The study, seen by the BBC, estimates one in 20 people are sick for least eight weeks. 

The research at King's College London also showed being female, excess weight and asthma raised the risk.

No previous medical conditions were linked to long Covid except asthma and lung disease.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54622059

I am now feeling depressed, as the above risk factors perfectly describe my wife.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 1:54am

EdwinSm,hope you don't mind,

Posted same link couldn't get yours to work

BBC News - Long Covid: Who is more likely to get it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54622059

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 3:39am

Link corrected.. I am now sure what went wrong as I copy and paste links using the forum link function. It seems that some rubbish was added into the end of the url, so possibly some software bug, But this is not the first time a link I have posted has not worked 

I do not mind the correction, as it would be good if people could follow the links.

ps. I have corrected my link, and tested that it now works.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 3:58am

Interesting post,

I Mostly click on my links to check they work,

I post off my cell phone or tablet,cant be bothered to fire up computer,even though it cost me $$$ ,

Take care all  πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 1:49pm

It's the long covid that scares me. I'm fit and healthy and probably not likely to die from covid but to have a long term illness would be terrible. Some of the stories are really bad and, for some people, there's no end in sight. I read am article by a doctor suggesting we could see a whole class of disability surrounding covid, much like Polio in the 20th century.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic