Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

censorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: censorship
    Posted: November 15 2020 at 9:30pm

The Treehouse is Deplatformed…

Most CTH readers are likely aware of the term “deplatforming.”  Unfortunately, the big tech control mechanism to shut down speech & assembly has now arrived on our doorstep.

One week after the 2020 presidential election, The Conservative Treehouse received the following notification:

…”given the incompatibility between your site’s content and our terms, you need to find a new hosting provider and must migrate the site by Wednesday, December 2nd.

keep the joy
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 3:13am

That is what they get for spreading Trump's lies.

It's not a question of blame - when you think it is the truth, because you trust the person who told you; it is more a question of shame - theirs.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 4:37am

Blogs are under no obligation to post truth.  But there comes a time when providers need to hold bloggers accountable.  If only for the IP's credibility.  Not for bloggers opinions, but the lies and half-truths used to perpetuate myth.  It's not just conservatives.  Take Michael Moore for example.  

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 4:32pm

What will you do when they say this web site is posting lies and has to close down?   

keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 4:59pm

We don't, except occasionally by accident and then we correct it when we know better.  So I am not worried.

I can't say that for anything that Trump has had any appreciable contact with. 

The saddest thing is the damage he has done to the Republican party.  People (including me) used to trust them to behave within certain moral bounds, being truthful was one of them.  

Not since Trump.

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

We don't, except occasionally by accident and then we correct it when we know better.  So I am not worried.

I can't say that for anything that Trump has had any appreciable contact with. 

The saddest thing is the damage he has done to the Republican party.  People (including me) used to trust them to behave within certain moral bounds, being truthful was one of them.  

Not since Trump.

How do you know "you don't"?  I didn't realize you are a republican, I thought you lived in a different country.  

keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 12:01pm

I do live in a different country.  No. I'm not a Republican.  I'm not a Democrat either.  

I believe a healthy political system hovers around the middle ground.  So I voted Conservative at our last election (Our version of Republican) and have previously voted for the other side too.  Usually, my vote reflects whomsoever seems less extreme.  So I would back Republicans if I were over there about half of the time.

Even If I were to vote Labour (our answer to Democrat) I would want the Conservatives to have a great, unified and coherent party.  Vice versa too.  A good opposition helps stop the encumbent from doing anything too extreme or stupid.

This time around, if there, I would have voted Democrat.  Not because I think Biden particularily wonderful or the Democratic party 'the best', but because I can see the damage Trump is inflicting on the American political system, American unity, civil peace, race relations and the fight against the virus.  Never, in all my life, have I ever seen a political leader lie as completely, or as selfishly as Trump does - no that is not true - Kim Jong Un lies as much.  So I should say, Never, in all my life, have I ever seen a political leader lie more than Trump.  Although I would have voted Democrat this time, I would want the Republicans to have sufficient coherence and support to block the most damaging policies of the Democrats.  Like our opposition and House of Lords, your Senate helps stop extreemism.

.....  'And Trump is the most extreme I have ever seen.  He has lied so convincingly, repeatedly, amorally and cleverly that Himler would have applauded him.  His twisting of the truth has left both sides polarised in the sources of news they believe.   The Democrat-supporting folks would no more watch Fox and hear the other side than slit their own wrists.  The Republican supporters avoid CNN the same way.  Without any hope of seeing the other side, there can be no unification. So, now the Republican party can either back Trump, despite his fall from grace or admit that the desire to win the presidency in 2016 made them 'do a deal with the Devil'.  So far a few have broken ranks, but the rest do not seem to want to reclaim the souls they bartered.  This leaves them having to back Trump next time around.  The worst possible option!

I cannot see America recovering from this anytime soon.  I could, in the most extreme senario, see civil war.  The best senario leaves them infighting for about 20 years.  

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 1:56pm

I do live in a different country.  No. I'm not a Republican.  I'm not a Democrat either.  

I believe a healthy political system hovers around the middle ground.  So I voted Conservative at our last election (Our version of Republican) and have previously voted for the other side too.  Usually, my vote reflects whomsoever seems less extreme.  So I would back Republicans if I were over there about half of the time.

Even If I were to vote Labour (our answer to Democrat) I would want the Conservatives to have a great, unified and coherent party.  Vice versa too.  A good opposition helps stop the encumbent from doing anything too extreme or stupid.

This time around, if there, I would have voted Democrat.  Not because I think Biden particularily wonderful or the Democratic party 'the best', but because I can see the damage Trump is inflicting on the American political system, American unity, civil peace, race relations and the fight against the virus.  Never, in all my life, have I ever seen a political leader lie as completely, or as selfishly as Trump does - no that is not true - Kim Jong Un lies as much.  So I should say, Never, in all my life, have I ever seen a political leader lie more than Trump.  Although I would have voted Democrat this time, I would want the Republicans to have sufficient coherence and support to block the most damaging policies of the Democrats.  Like our opposition and House of Lords, your Senate helps stop extreemism.

.....  'And Trump is the most extreme I have ever seen.  He has lied so convincingly, repeatedly, amorally and cleverly that Himler would have applauded him.  His twisting of the truth has left both sides polarised in the sources of news they believe.   The Democrat-supporting folks would no more watch Fox and hear the other side than slit their own wrists.  The Republican supporters avoid CNN the same way.  Without any hope of seeing the other side, there can be no unification. So, now the Republican party can either back Trump, despite his fall from grace or admit that the desire to win the presidency in 2016 made them 'do a deal with the Devil'.  So far a few have broken ranks, but the rest do not seem to want to reclaim the souls they bartered.  This leaves them having to back Trump next time around.  The worst possible option!

I cannot see America recovering from this anytime soon.  I could, in the most extreme senario, see civil war.  The best senario leaves them infighting for about 20 years.  

I think the original topic was censorship.  I guess you believe in censorship if it doesn't fit your way of thinking.  

keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 2:25pm

Not a matter of opinion.  Lies are lies.

Overall, censorship is a very bad idea, I agree with you there.  However, when a lie is exposed, you point it out and give the liar an opportunity to retract.  If it is removed, fine. Even repeated lies, whilst not ideal, are better than censorship.

However a few lies are deeply damaging; there is an argument for censorship there, which I still dissagree with.  

An even smaller number can diminish the reputation of a whole country; I might be persuaded that censorship is worth it here, but the damage would need to be severe.  

The smallest collection are those which cost lives; I have no argument with censoring those; it is the lesser of two evils.  I have lost count of the times Trump has crossed that line.  Without intentionally meaning harm, many followers of his have been complicit in it.  I reiterate, this is not intentional lying, but sharing bad information in good faith.  Amoral not imoral.  

In my book, censorship is the nuclear option.  Well this is a cult led by an enemy of the people, good people, but alliegant to an egomaniac, lying, unprincipled escapee from hell.

I am mostly non violent, but sometimes the only option is backpfeifengesicht.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 2:58pm

Hear hear 

Well said Technophobe.....

I agree......

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Hear hear 

Well said Technophobe.....

I agree......

Take care all 😷😉

Why is every post you reply to involve President  Trump, he lives rent free in your head.  I see you believe in censorship also, I'm surprised you two don't move to China.

keep the joy
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 8:48pm

The ORANGED FACED CLOWN  LOSER IS ON EVERY NEWS CHANNEL..

..he dosnt live in my head,

and if you care to look at other posts you will see that......

I reply to other posts without mentioning 

THE ORANGE FACED LOSER.....WHAT A SAD LITTLE MAN HE IS.....CHUMP I MEAN.....LOSER LOSER LOSER LMFAO.....HA HA HA HA 

In fact this is the 1st time I have mentioned the LOSER since he LOST......LMFAO

About time he grew some and faced facts.....mind what do you expect from a loser with HEEL SPURS......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 4:40am

I admit it.  I do have a 'bee in my bonnet' about Trump.

It is hard to see the whole wood, when you are surrounded by trees.  Likewise hard to see the damage he does from within the Republican party - after all he did win the presidency for you all in 2016.

But over here and all across Europe, Trump was a figure of fun throughout that year.  It got less funny when his lies started to emerge and even less funny when he bullied Fox news into publishing them for him and banned other press from his presence.  The humour was replaced by worry as his behaviour followed the dictators' handbook and became both grief-stricken at the tragedy unfolding and horror at the downright 'Nazi-style evil which emerged during this pandemic.

I tried to warn people years ago.  I could see what he was doing.  Someone who wants to do 'dark deeds' first turns off the lights.  His control of the media has twisted many American minds, his current lies are damaging American democracy and his lies about coronavirus have cost many American lives.  This really matters to me.  I have people I care about in America and 'when America sneezes the World catches cold'.  I don't want your great nation to descend into a Dictatorship, yet that is where it is headed.  So the bee continues to inhabit the headgear.

I did not cry when Hilary lost.  I cried when Mit Romney did.  Dictatorship can arrive from the far left or the far right.  

You have to look both ways in traffic.   America is only looking left.  But the juggernaut is speeding in from the other lane.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 8:38am

Techno, my mother and I were just talking about those tactics you mentioned, and watching here in America now, it is easy to see how enough people in Germany got behind Hitler.   You know, it's been 75 years since the end of WW2, and it's easy to see how it all happened, and how we're a whisker away from it happening again...

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 1:43pm

Let's never forget chumps heritage.....

His rallies are copybook Hitler's.....

Stir up the Mob.....

Get them to turn on the weakest....

He's a vile crass example of a human.....

America you have a Big problem....

I'm so glad he LOST.......

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 2:22pm

This is the reason I agree with the censorship on this occasion only.

So far, Trump has ticked every box, repeatedly.  When I accuse him of using the Dictators' handbook, that is not an idle insult.  It is a studied and carefully considered conclusion.  He is not picking on Jewish people this time, he simply demonises the Chinese and people of colour instead.  The Dictators' handbook does not specify a particular group you should pick on.

The Source of the list above is the Gift shop of the USA's Holocaust museum.  It was written by Laurence W Britt.

The internet source I used is here:   https://www.boredpanda.com/signs-fascism-holocaust-museum-usa/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter  but the message has 'gone viral' to an extent.

The parallels with Goebbels are drawn by me.  Do a bit of research on how Hitler took control of the Reichstag in 1933 and you will also see a perfect mirror of Trump's actions.  

So, yes, I'm obsessed.  This is far more worrying than the coronavirus, cold war, Russian interference or even Global warming (all of which worry me) all put together.  

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 3:20pm

An interesting thing I read lately.  According to the author, America was ripe for a leader of this sort since 9/11, which was a huge psychological wound.  I maintain it was a second psychological wound on top of one some 25 years previous.  I refer to the Vietnam War.  The author went on to submit that when Trump promised to "Make America Great Again", he was appealing to the fearful part of America, the part that fears losing its world dominance, fears losing its jobs and identity to immigrants, and the numerous fears they have around people of color and the LGBT community.  Even the fears some men have about women.  The changes America has experienced over the last 50 years, the bewilderment, are the kind of emotions tyrants exploit all the time.  The key, I say, is to find a way to address these concerns and emotions in a way that brings us together.  If we're going to lead the world, we have to act like a leader.  

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2020 at 3:37pm

Here is a letter to the editor of the Steubenville, OH Herald-Star, dated 1/12/20

https://www.heraldstaronline.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2020/01/similarities-between-hitler-and-trump/

Similarities between Hitler and Trump

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

JAN 12, 2020

To the editor:

We all have been raised, or at least a larger percentage of Americans were raised, to despise Adolph Hitler, although I’ve heard some mumble that his idea to terminate the Jews was a good one, and that support for such a tyrant led to the destruction of the country of Germany and brought on a world war. There are similarities with Hitler and Donald J. Trump that we cannot ignore.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the judiciary and rule of law.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the media.

Both men degrade anyone who disagrees with them. Trump’s allegedly, “disloyal” bureaucrats in the State Department, EPA, FBI, CIA who he calls the deep state are in deep trouble with him, for example.

Both denigrate the immigrants. Hitler wanted to free Germany of Slavs and Jews, and the moment he came down the escalator to announce he was running for president Trump declared that people of color were the cause of the nation’s ills. Both made border closings the centerpiece of their campaigns. I’m not one for open borders, but I do see a stark similarity with their propaganda of pitting ethnicity and race against those of the Aryan race.

Both demonize their political opponents — Hitler called his opponents parasites, criminals and leftist scum. Sound familiar?

Hitler provided the masses with transistor radios that received only one channel, thus prohibiting people from receiving any outside influence. Trump’s daily tweets online and permits only one media network to be viewed by our military, which is Fox.

Neither was elected by the majority. Let that sink in.

Under Trump, large corporations have immense political power and receive a huge financial windfall to further undermine unions. Hitler despised the German labor movement and destroyed it by imprisoning their leaders. Trump has indicated many times he would like to jail people who accuse him of wrongdoing, as they did in the olden days.

Trump uses paraphrases such as Hitler’s “lying press” and “fake news” and deride the importance of scientific data and rely on their worlds public opinion ultimately defining what is true and what is false. Sixty percent of Trump voters do not believe he asked the Ukraine president to investigate the Bidens, when, in fact, the president himself said he did and showed us the document and repeated the statement on the White House lawn.

Hitler attacked democracy itself by purging voter roles and challenging the integrity of electoral process. Before the outcome of the 2016 election was made final Trump said he would decline to accept anything other than a win. That it was rigged.

I’m not out to make a new year’s resolution. I’m not trying to sway the opinion or MAGA hat wearers — I know that is a lost cause. I’m just keeping in the tradition of being a sarcastic, out-spoken liberal you all have come to know and love.

Kathy Antinone

Steubenville

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

Here is a letter to the editor of the Steubenville, OH Herald-Star, dated 1/12/20

https://www.heraldstaronline.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2020/01/similarities-between-hitler-and-trump/

Similarities between Hitler and Trump

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

JAN 12, 2020

To the editor:

We all have been raised, or at least a larger percentage of Americans were raised, to despise Adolph Hitler, although I’ve heard some mumble that his idea to terminate the Jews was a good one, and that support for such a tyrant led to the destruction of the country of Germany and brought on a world war. There are similarities with Hitler and Donald J. Trump that we cannot ignore.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the judiciary and rule of law.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the media.

Both men degrade anyone who disagrees with them. Trump’s allegedly, “disloyal” bureaucrats in the State Department, EPA, FBI, CIA who he calls the deep state are in deep trouble with him, for example.

Both denigrate the immigrants. Hitler wanted to free Germany of Slavs and Jews, and the moment he came down the escalator to announce he was running for president Trump declared that people of color were the cause of the nation’s ills. Both made border closings the centerpiece of their campaigns. I’m not one for open borders, but I do see a stark similarity with their propaganda of pitting ethnicity and race against those of the Aryan race.

Both demonize their political opponents — Hitler called his opponents parasites, criminals and leftist scum. Sound familiar?

Hitler provided the masses with transistor radios that received only one channel, thus prohibiting people from receiving any outside influence. Trump’s daily tweets online and permits only one media network to be viewed by our military, which is Fox.

Neither was elected by the majority. Let that sink in.

Under Trump, large corporations have immense political power and receive a huge financial windfall to further undermine unions. Hitler despised the German labor movement and destroyed it by imprisoning their leaders. Trump has indicated many times he would like to jail people who accuse him of wrongdoing, as they did in the olden days.

Trump uses paraphrases such as Hitler’s “lying press” and “fake news” and deride the importance of scientific data and rely on their worlds public opinion ultimately defining what is true and what is false. Sixty percent of Trump voters do not believe he asked the Ukraine president to investigate the Bidens, when, in fact, the president himself said he did and showed us the document and repeated the statement on the White House lawn.

Hitler attacked democracy itself by purging voter roles and challenging the integrity of electoral process. Before the outcome of the 2016 election was made final Trump said he would decline to accept anything other than a win. That it was rigged.

I’m not out to make a new year’s resolution. I’m not trying to sway the opinion or MAGA hat wearers — I know that is a lost cause. I’m just keeping in the tradition of being a sarcastic, out-spoken liberal you all have come to know and love.

Kathy Antinone

Steubenville

Censorship was the original topic.  You people have what is called Trump derangment symptoms.​​​​
keep the joy
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by kaye kaye kaye kaye wrote:

Censorship was the original topic.  You people have what is called Trump derangment symptoms.

We'll remind you of derangement syndrome when you develop Biden Derangement syndrome.  

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 6:57pm

There is nothing deranged in being concerned about the past four years' march to fascism.  Not to mention a president who is too busy sulking over defeat to be a leader and confront a pandemic.  But why start now, I guess.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 1:12am

There is nothing deranged in being concerned about the past four years' march to fascism.  Not to mention a president who is too busy sulking over defeat to be a leader and confront a pandemic.  But why start now, I guess.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 2:14am

I can accept that I have "Trump Derangement Syndrome".  

Considering that the USA has 250,000 dead and rising, in a pandemic which its leader refused to even acknowledge was a problem and that said leader has spread lies to the extent that the people quoting him in good faith are being silenced; also considering his encouragement (That is putting it lightly.) of the rise of the far fight and his mysogeny and even his ongoing damage to democracy, I am horrified more people do not have "Trump Derangement Syndrome".   

In my opinion this can have 3 possible causes: they are horribly misinformed, they are dangerously stupid  or they simply don't care about anything except this "Cult Of Personality" - to the extent of psychopathy.

Giving the Trump backers the benefit of the doubt (After all, the vast majority of Germans are well educated, thoroughly nice and intelligent people - yet they fanatically followed Hitler.)  I conclude the unpleasant propaganda processes have worked again.  

That is the best argument for censorship ever!  'And the only time I would ever condone it.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 8:03am

The definition of deranged is "insane".  The definition of insane is "in a state of mind that prevents normal perception".  Misbehavior, like the current Hail Mary that Trump is throwing -- with the failure of all but one of his lawsuits to overturn a single vote, he last night had a meeting in the White House to discuss the nuclear option of appointing alternate electors in several states who will defy the will of the people and elect Trump, even though the citizens in those states popularly voted for Biden.  How are the people who see this and all other likewise Trump misbehavior and call it out, "deranged", and the people who either don't see it, or don't call it out, not "deranged", according to the definition of that word?  1984?  "Freedom is slavery, up is down?"

And even though I am sure this Hail Mary pass will fall to the ground harmlessly, the fact that it is even being tried is a lowest point and extremely sad for our republic, a fact that I would expect all red-blooded Americans to recognize.

https://www.aol.com/republican-senators-push-back-against-045819656.html

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 12:28pm

The definition of deranged is "insane".  The definition of insane is "in a state of mind that prevents normal perception".  Misbehavior, like the current Hail Mary that Trump is throwing -- with the failure of all but one of his lawsuits to overturn a single vote, he last night had a meeting in the White House to discuss the nuclear option of appointing alternate electors in several states who will defy the will of the people and elect Trump, even though the citizens in those states popularly voted for Biden.  How are the people who see this and all other likewise Trump misbehavior and call it out, "deranged", and the people who either don't see it, or don't call it out, not "deranged", according to the definition of that word?  1984?  "Freedom is slavery, up is down?"

And even though I am sure this Hail Mary pass will fall to the ground harmlessly, the fact that it is even being tried is a lowest point and extremely sad for our republic, a fact that I would expect all red-blooded Americans to recognize.

https://www.aol.com/republican-senators-push-back-against-045819656.html

Censorship is the original topic all following responses is babbling about President Trump.  Did I post on the political board by accident?  

keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 1:32pm

No, you posted it in "Off topic discussion".  But The Treehouse blog was an ultra Right-Wing site which shared conspiracy theories, oftenTrump-sourced, but sometimes just maliciously uploaded by mischief-makers.  

Most of said theories being unfounded in reality and quite nasty, what type of response did you expect?  

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 2:11pm

No, you posted it in "Off topic discussion".  But The Treehouse blog was an ultra Right-Wing site which shared conspiracy theories, oftenTrump-sourced, but sometimes just maliciously uploaded by mischief-makers.  

Most of said theories being unfounded in reality and quite nasty, what type of response did you expect?  

What is an ultra Right -Wing site these days?  The meaning keeps changing, different countries it means a different stance.  I take it you follow the Treehouse and can site some examples of why they should be censored.  Your opinion on what people are allowed to belive and post on the boards that aren't yours is baffling to me.
keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 2:40pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-conservative-treehouse-the-blog-thats-ground-zero-for-insane-trump-sht

Stolen election - despite the fact that the security services said it was the most secure in history of USA.  - Just sack the Head.  You did it for the FBI.

Coronavirus is nothing to worry about  - killing millions worldwide, quarter of a million in the USA and rising.  -  Just blame Faucci - then sack him too

Antifa.

Birther.

Black lives matter are really about destroying society.

Biden is senile or a Russian spy.

The Democrats are closet Socialists and Socialists are Communists in disguise.

None of that is true!!

Now Biden is not perfect.  Democrats are not the answer to all the USA's problems and the Republican party are not Demonically driven, but this site lost all perspective.  But this was a collection of insane conspiracy theories and WAS COSTING LIVES AND DAMAGING American democracy.

If you don't think that needed a break.  I have nothing more to say.

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 2:59pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-conservative-treehouse-the-blog-thats-ground-zero-for-insane-trump-sht

Stolen election - despite the fact that the security services said it was the most secure in history of USA.  - Just sack the Head.  You did it for the FBI.

Coronavirus is nothing to worry about  - killing millions worldwide, quarter of a million in the USA and rising.  -  Just blame Faucci - then sack him too

Antifa.

Birther.

Black lives matter are really about destroying society.

Biden is senile or a Russian spy.

The Democrats are closet Socialists and Socialists are Communists in disguise.

None of that is true!!

Now Biden is not perfect.  Democrats are not the answer to all the USA's problems and the Republican party are not Demonically driven, but this site lost all perspective.  But this was a collection of insane conspiracy theories and WAS COSTING LIVES AND DAMAGING American democracy.

If you don't think that needed a break.  I have nothing more to say.

That is the problem, differences should be aired in public.  Shutting down information because you don't agree is what china does for control.  You would make a great citizen for china.

keep the joy
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 3:20pm

Opinions, yes.  Viewpoints, yes.  But this is outright lies, which lead people to dangerous gound.  THIS SORT OF BS LEADS TO LOSS OF LIFE, LIBERTY AND DEMOCRACY.  

China arrests and detains people who dissagree with those in its positions of power.  That is what the people on this site want to do.  

There is a difference, China is far left, this is far right.  But they go full circle and meet around the back with propaganda, programming and pogroms.

You have a right to an opinion, but not to spread disinformation which harms people.

The Word Press who threw them out, has standards of honesty to maintain.  That is necessary for us to trust this press.

Surely you did not believe any of this crap?   You never struck me as that dumb.  Freedom loving people, who respect democracy should applaud the loss of this cesspit.

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 4:05pm

Opinions, yes.  Viewpoints, yes.  But this is outright lies, which lead people to dangerous gound.  THIS SORT OF BS LEADS TO LOSS OF LIFE, LIBERTY AND DEMOCRACY.  

China arrests and detains people who dissagree with those in its positions of power.  That is what the people on this site want to do.  

There is a difference, China is far left, this is far right.  But they go full circle and meet around the back with propaganda, programming and pogroms.

You have a right to an opinion, but not to spread disinformation which harms people.

The World Press who threw them out, has standards of honesty to maintain.  That is necessary for us to trust the press.

Surely you did not believe any of this crap?   You never struck me as that dumb.  Freedom loving people, who respect democracy should applaud the loss of this cesspit.

Necessary for us to trust the press.  Which press?  You have struck me as very closed minded.  

keep the joy
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 6:00pm

The free press. Not blogs.  Not forum posts.  Not 4Chan, not Parlior, or Twitter.  Opinion is not objective truth.  It is subjective and driven by the ethics and morals (and the lack thereof) developed individually.  

While we're on the subject of ethics and morals... You can believe whatever you want. Just don't call yourself pro-life after what your candidate did to children. Don't call for a free election, while enabling elected leaders to gerrymander, suppress voting and dismantle postal service during a pandemic.

But you won't believe any of that.  The free press isn't something you give credibility to because you're told not to and to only believe the party rhetoric.  There's a word for that:  Gullible.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 2:07am

This is the big difference ,

WItchy,you live in a Big cosmopolitan fast pace city,obviously have traveled, same as Technophobe,and I know that willobrat has a vast experience of life, I myself,bought up in Birmingham Uk,

best friends with and call my brother a black man.....

Moved to Australia,have worked with and shared volunteer duties with many races,traveled  around Nepal , Sri Lanka,

I've been a volunteer cave rescuer in the UK,

Had Greek,italian,irish,uncles,

What I'm trying to say is some people never travel out of hicksville,only read hicksville news.....

(just imagine the sheriff in Rambo1,mentallity wise)

I work every closey with a very devote,Muslimman,his opinion of the USA,is not something you would like to hear,

I also work with a expat,lady from Chicago,she says Americans would be ashamed ,what the world is thinking right now,

As for the Muslim man, 

Believe it or not ,I defend the USA.....

Because deep down I know your a decent lot.....

Just having a hiccup at the moment,

And we will see Democracy,

win over.....

Das 4th Reich.....

Good always Trumps Evil.....

No pardon for the pun...

Take very good care all 😷😉🤘🤝

PS I don't understand how someone could be pro life,but not want a universal Heath system,that would ultimately save lives!!!!!! 

I myself think it's The woman's choice .......

I suppose that makes me the anti Christ .....lmao

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 4:04am

The platform afforded to this blog was not arbitarilly removed.  It was removed for breaches of their code of behaviour.  

Said code includes this:

• Will not use the Services for any unlawful purposes, to publish illegal content, or in furtherance of illegal activities;

You can find the rest here.  https://wordpress.com/tos/   It is not a difficult set of rules to follow and is only designed to protect intellectual property rights and the legal standing of "Word Press".

The Treehouse should have read the terms of service before signing up.  Said terms of service point out that they do not directly monitor everything.  The Treehouse had to have MASSIVELY infringed their code for them even to notice.

If you hire a car at the airport, you agree to take care of it.  If you then cut it up and customise it, you expect to pay a forefeit.  This applies to any contract for services, not just hire cars.  It applies to intangible things like words too.

Sadly, a car can kill a couple of dozen people at a time.  Words can kill millions.  I can see you are determined to only see one side of this, even though The Treehouse obviously encouraged - and still is encouraging -  dangerously Far-Right conspiracy theories, THAT WILL KILL - AND ARE STILL KILLING - MANY PEOPLE.  I know I can't change your mind.  What a pity! I am so sorry!

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 6:07am

Carbon, I get what you're saying.  I was brought up in farm country.  A "little long island girl" if you will.  I didn't move into the city until my early 20's.  And had I been born as little as 20 years earlier, I would be a "little long island housewife" living in the bubble of suburbia. The difference is the information age. I took advantage of it, instead of staying in my small town bubble.  Am I more adventuresome than most? I don't think so.  But I will admit that my life has been defined by change not of my choosing.  Perhaps that brought down the barriers of fear of change.  I don't know.  

But I think of all the people my age who saw the advent of the information age and the younger out there who grew up in the information age.  There was no getting away from it.  But nearly half my country misused the resources available to them.  Instead of looking at what was going on in the U.S. and the world, they bought into the fear of change.  They gravitated to what can only be described false and misleading things that supported what the felt was right and true.  Talk about snowflakes!

There is no concept that to fail to move forward is to stagnate.  There is no concept of the wider world or communities that are different that are striving to move forward.  They fight them.  They yearn for the "good old days" not understanding that those days were not so good. And they blame those movers and shakers initiating change as being "the bad guy".  Maybe the "good old days" was good for them.  And that's wonderful. They disregard the history of ... say... the robber baron era where there was no middle class.  If you weren't rich, you struggled and were victimized as a commodity or resource to make the wealthy wealthier rather than a human being.  The concept of working hard to get ahead was a myth then. And it has become the majority of American's reality in 2020 (even before the Pandemic).  And it's getting worse.  Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Which brings me to...

The dumbing down of America began in the Regan era with his administration cutting school funding. It has continued with every administration (yes, Democrats are guilty of not expanding funding for schools that the GOP took away) since then. My feeling with the election of Trump, the dumbing down was complete. The ethics and morals of this nation are broken. And those of us who's morality will not tolerate support of an administration that could do what they did to children are vilified. Those of us with a modicum of understanding of science are derided and demeaned. It's all fear based on "their" part. Not because one side is smarter than the other. It's that one side is more realistic and open to needed change in this country.

Something has to give. And it's alienating those that just won't look outside their little tribal bubble. I'm at a point that if their feelings get hurt, I'm not much caring about that. Heck. I don't even want to know them. It's among the reasons I haven't been active on this thread. But at this point, I don't want my silence to be construed as consent.

<stepping off soap box>

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 11:24am

Carbon and Witchy, good stuff!

I was born and lived my life in suburbia.  I don't know that I am much-traveled, though I traveled to Canada on vacation every year till about ten years ago.

What made me a Liberal was my mother.  She always taught me to think for myself -- "God gave you a brain, use it!"  She taught me to question everything, (although the level of authority-questioning I do is all me.)  That had to be hard to do when living with an abusive man who was also racist and sexist.

I was surprised when I learned in 11th grade civics that Republicans believe that man is basically evil and has to be kept in line by a strong set of rules and regulations (law and order!  But why does that not apply to corporations?)  Our teacher went on to tell us about Republican love for laissez-faire economics, and their opposition to social change.  I couldn't understand it.  Wasn't life all about change?  Didn't the theory of evolution prove that the world has to change to survive?  Ahh yes, my teacher replied, but Republicans don't really favor the theory of evolution.  Well, that explains a lot.  But the fact is, that being opposed to change, I theorize, is literally anti-life.  But aren't Republicans pro-life?  Well, they're pro-fetus, yet they favor capital punishment.  It's a mystery...

And their passion for the past.  I recently moved on from a friendship because I discovered she was racist.  Back when we were still talking she talked about how she missed the 80's.  I agreed, I miss the music, what did she miss most?  She missed Ronald Reagan.  I told her I was lukewarm on Reagan, due to Iran-Contra, and the way he pulled a disappearing act when gay people were dropping dead of AIDS.  She blew off Iran-Contra, and was totally unaware of the AIDS thing.  Sigh.

A comment I saw on Slate that resonated enough with me that I took a picture of it:

Maybe I'm being too hard on Republicans. I have said before that I know a lot of fine Republicans.  Most of them are salt of the earth, and I would like to think they would give me the shirt off their back if I needed it, and I would likewise for them.  But sometimes I don't understand.  I wanted to know how they could vote for a Donald Trump.  Fear, as Witchy said, is a great part of it.   Enough of them voted for Trump that, look at the last four years.  I don't know if fear explains all of it.  I'm not sure what does.  

Sometime I'll tell you about the four worst months of my life, when I lived in a military town in the Bible Belt.  Talk about square peg in a round hole...

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 1:04pm

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

– Gautama Buddha

Marcus Aurelius
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 5:19am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

The free press. Not blogs.  Not forum posts.  Not 4Chan, not Parlior, or Twitter.  Opinion is not objective truth.  It is subjective and driven by the ethics and morals (and the lack thereof) developed individually.  

While we're on the subject of ethics and morals... You can believe whatever you want. Just don't call yourself pro-life after what your candidate did to children. Don't call for a free election, while enabling elected leaders to gerrymander, suppress voting and dismantle postal service during a pandemic.

But you won't believe any of that.  The free press isn't something you give credibility to because you're told not to and to only believe the party rhetoric.  There's a word for that:  Gullible.

Media Monopoly | All News Gets Same Script | FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC ▶️️ - Bing video 

You mean this news?

keep the joy
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 6:15am
keep the joy
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 7:11am

No Pushback! Politico Criticizes Parler for Lack of Censorship | Newsbusters 

Such is the era we live in that we are now being treated to the absurd spectacle of supposed journalists coming out strongly in favor of censorship. One such journalist is Politico's White House reporter Tina Nguyen, who on Sunday castigated the Twitter alternative, Parler, for their lack of censorship.

Nguyen's outrage at Parler for daring to permit free speech appeared in "On Parler, MAGA’s post-election world view blossoms with no pushback."

keep the joy
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 11:59am

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 2:23pm

ABC News: America is just too big and the system is struggling to hold everyone together.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-23/united-states-is-just-too-big/12907642

Marcus Aurelius
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 5:25pm
keep the joy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic