Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Wearing a mask is better than a tube down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wearing a mask is better than a tube down
    Posted: November 20 2020 at 5:01am

ICU Nurse on TV says 

Wearing a mask is better than a TUBE  down your throat.....

THINK ON THAT DICK HEADS.....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 7:57am

Carbon, language!

I agree with the sentiment though.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 12:48pm

Sorry about that,

I just felt so sorry for the young lady, she was very emotional.....

People dying every day..... 

CNN: 'Busting out of the seams': West Texas hospitals pushed to the limit in unprecedented Covid-19 surge.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/us/west-texas-covid-19-hospitalizations-surge/index.html

SUPPORT YOUR HEALTH WORKERS.....

they only humans.....

Doing the best they can in these awful times.....

Take care all....  😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
cn65 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cn65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 8:23am

Fro goodness sake - yeah I know u need to keep the fear level going

In the UK 96% of all fatalities from CV19 had existing illnesses 

There have been just 339 deaths (yes I shall say that again 339 deaths)  of otherwise healthy people under age 60.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUK/comments/jxmxvq/991_of_deaths_to_date_had_preexisting_conditions/

If you are fit and healthy and under the age of probably 40,  CV19 is a total and utter irrelevance.

I've had it in March, my next door neighbour similarly, others in the village had had it and then gave it to the entire family of married children who passed it on.  One small bio-tech related firm in the area tested all their staff and every single one had had it. Does the UK NHS know about any one us - NO. we are not going to bother wasting our time telling that incapable organisation.  Goodness know how many people in reality have had in the UK - it will be in the multiple millions

For me a mild winter's cold - hardly worth bothering about and I'm late 50's , others a severe winter's cold, for the people in the firm tested none knew they even had it.

Masks - probably do something but not at lot.  Look at France and particularly Spain with its severe mask wearing rules - and did they stop the second wave - nope. The UK's mask wearing edict came in at the beginning of August - and I'm sure you can produce some stats to show that the start of mask wearing co-incided with the start of the second wave so therefore (ha ha!) that mask wearing makes the virus spread worse. Actually there IS evidence for this in that mask wearing encourages poeple to abandon social distancing.

Some form of herd immunity is coming into play as London severely affected  in April has largely escaped the second wave.   I won't half laugh if the virus dies away totally now and all the governments are left with half a billion doses of vax which no one wants. Speaking of which, having had it and it was basically a non-event I'll be going no where near a vacinee under any circumstances.  

Yes the Asian countries have handled it better - why? I suspect in the end it will not be their superior Gov, people, Heath services, or whatever;  it will be some genetic difference in the population that makes them resistance to the virus perhaps as a result of being pre-exposed to a series of similar virus - perhaps even not recently but in very ancient times and survival of the fittest principle at that time meant that the current population are now resistant.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:09pm

Existing illnesses does not mean about to die.  We are all going to die one day, even you cn65.  Many "sick" people will live decades - VALUABLE DECADES, DECADES WITH THOSE THEY LOVE, DECADES IN WHICH THEY WILL GO TO WEDDINGS, OR EVEN GET MARRIED, DECADES IN WHICH THEY WILL HAVE CHILDREN, DECADES IN WHICH TO LOVE.

Just because someone is not in perfect health does not mean the intervening time before their death is a waste.

Every death is a tragedy.

Worse, the more this spreads, the more ICU beds will fill up, the more people with pre-existing conditions will fail to get medical care and the higher the death rate will climb.

This is no "slate wiper" true, but it disables, kills and brings wave after wave of tragedy.  Sweden tried to live with it,  that did not go so well.  Let's not copy them.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:12pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:15pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:16pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:17pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:18pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:22pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:24pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 1:26pm

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

You know it's the RIGHT THING TO DO......😉

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic