Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Indoor dining where I live....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 10:36am

Just got the Moderna jab about a half hour ago here at my Retirement Community.

Did not like the way they organized it here at all. Family members were allowed to sign up too (that was fine by me) but the thing is- for FOUR hours they were all packed into one room waiting for the shots with residents. Residents were first - so that was 125 of us- then family...some even brought their kids! (not to get shots, but to mingle and run around and wait with them) I saw zero social distancing and lots of gaitor type masks and lots of noses poking out, and what I never understand is how staff NEEDS to pull down their masks to speak to you...its nuts. I waited in my apartment until the very end- then went down quickly and got it over with- still heaps of folks hanging out in a small unventilated space. I was the only one double masked and with a shield. I even saw one resident pull his mask down to cough loudly into the room of people....it boggles my mind.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 12:01pm

I knew it! LOL...gotta laugh, because what else can you do? So, we all got vaccinated today with our first shot...went down to pick up a package and in our game room there sits 6 ladies with NO masks on right next to each other playing cards while staff just wanders around oblivious.  I knew this was going to happen. Hopefully we stay lucky under these circumstances.

One lady went in to hug one of the directors saying "now we can hug again" and the director was like "oh noooo....not until two weeks after your second shot".

Do people just not know better? Do they think that today we are 100 % protected and life goes back to normal?

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 2:54pm

I am starting to believe in the conspiracy theory that there is something in the water that makes people stupid.  STOOPID!

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2021 at 9:38am

Today I was picked to do the Crossword game in our retirement community- where you stand up at this board and call out the clues and others call out the words....of course I am double masked...and I felt like I was going to have a riot on my hands because everyone wanted me to take off my mask (!!) so they could hear me better- ummmm nope - I shouted literally as loud as I could - one lady said "I won't be coming back until we don't have to wear masks any longer!" oh did I mention that they ALL took off their masks but for a few to play the game...First time and last time I will be hosting that...I was going stir crazy here in my apartment so I ventured down and wow...we get our second Moderna vaccine on Saturday...BUT there are quite a few here who have not and will not get the vaccine- and a few are residents and a few are staff!!

(p.s. see Josh's  recent entry re: new varient in a nursing home- I am not stupid!)

Gov. Beshear reports COVID-19 outbreak in eastern Ky. nursing home, appears to be new variant (wkyt.com)

--Confucius

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 4:25pm

I just saw this.  I have no idea where to put it.  

It occured to me you could print it and stick it to your door Tabitha,.

It is unlikely to effect a sea change, but maybe a couple of your neighbours will understand it.

How Masks And Social Distancing Works

How Masks And Social Distancing Works    

Source:  

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:29pm

Good chart.  

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 10:14am

Awesome chart.
I already have a nickname around here - it's "double masked" ha ha ha
I don't care.
There is so much talk now about opening this place WIDE OPEN when we hit our two week vaccine mark...which is in about a week.
I am still concerned about varients. But already the folks here are acting like there is no virus anymore. 

--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 8:39am

Here at my retirement living community: The dining room is completely open and there is no more getting meal delivery to your apartment from the onsite kitchen. Of course you can do your own thing with outside ordering or microwaving a frozen dinner, etc if you wish- but part of what we pay for here is the chef and meals.

I am a bit nervous at mealtimes since its over 100 people in there and you hear folks coughing all the time and do they even cover thier mouths- NOPE- grown ups that can not even cover thier mouths when they cough up a lung....ugh ...gets on my last nerve.

I sit alone. I prefer it at the moment. I eat my meal and then high tail it out of there.

Now, this is interesting- but there is a special table set aside for all the folks (8 of them ) who did not get the vaccine. Its what I call "outer Sibera" they have to sit farther away from us. Don't really know what that will accomplish, esp. when one server in particular who wears her mask on her chin- didn't get vaccinated either and she is all up in our faces serving food, etc. btw - she did get Covid at the beginning of this, so maybe she feels immune?

Not really loving all the science deniers here and folks that want to pretend we are back to normal....what do you all think of all this?

--Confucius

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 4:49am

Stupidity is universal.  I am sorry you have to live so close to it. Tabitha.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 11:44am

you are not worried for nothing!  People were acting this way with NO vaccines so imagine how they will behave after one and then both of them!  People are crazy!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 7:20am

I think they're nuts and I'm glad you're being careful!

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 8:36am

I have been watching this thread with dread as our local government lifted all restrictions on movement or masks. 

37 percent of our county is fully vaccinated and they are reaching what is known as vaccine hesitancy. The rest of them won't get the vaccine.   So, we will be left with no way to  reach herd immunity or to end this pandemic.  It is a hard core bunch of trumpers that won't get the shot despite of the efforts of many incentives.  

We will have a slow motion pandemic of death that will strangle any efforts to get to herd immunity.   

take care, be careful.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic