Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

December Prepping 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: December Prepping 2020
    Posted: December 10 2020 at 9:12am

I have been very busy with all my Christmas  projects that I participated in other  than that I have just stocking up on more items. What about everyone else?.

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2020 at 9:31am

Every time I go to Wally World I buy wipes, spray, tp and paper towels. Have a good stockpile now. As far as food supplies, no need for them, except snacks and condiments, which I have enough for awhile.

I have been doing a ton of online ordering lately and sent all my Christmas gifts out from Amazon. No need to go shopping in stores.

Much to my mother's chagrin, I won't be going to visit for Christmas this year. This vaccine can not come quick enough!

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2020 at 5:43pm

I mostly pick up cleaning supplies when I see them on my shopping trips. Grabbing Ensure here and there when I can, but I still notice from time to time there is a lack of the original type. I am looking for a better substitute for this though because the fact that my high protein version had chunks in it kind of grossed me out.

Otherwise, looking for snacks that fit my dietary needs. Gonna consult with a nutritionist to make it a little easier to shop for things. Hoping it is a phone consult. I've also taken advantage of Sally Beauty Supply having many 50% off sales lately and getting some hair care products, along with other stuff like lotions, body wash etc, elsewhere. There was a time when all of these were gone around here, even feminine care products.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2020 at 2:57pm

I'm trying to eat our way through the freezers right now. I've a cattle beast to put in there in the first week of January, and it will take up a surprisingly large amount of room. We're busy harvesting fruit from the garden. Have picked the redcurrants this morning, am still picking strawberries and hubby picked a huge basket of gooseberries. The cherries should be ready in the next week. As fast as we're eating the contents of the freezers, we're filling them back up again! We had a great broad bean crop this year so we've just pulled up the last of those. I'll shell them and dry them rather than freeze them.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2020 at 4:11am

With the northeast U.S. about to get socked with a major snow storm, I'm glad I'm already prepped. The latest projections are 12" to 18" of snow for my area.   Other than two errands I need to run this morning, I'm set. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2020 at 10:39am

Stay safe and warm Miss Witch!

My family in Northern Virginia and Boston are going to be in that mess.

It misses us in Va Beach, as always. We are lucky to get one teeny snowstorm every winter.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2020 at 4:30pm

We keep having fires out in the Orange County area. You would think we would be done with that in December, but we've only had one actual rainy day that I remember. Back home in the Central Valley had almost a week of rain though.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 12:38pm

Will you guys get a white Christmas? How lovely. We'll get a hot one as usual. It's not quite the same....

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2020 at 8:53pm

Hey, Tabitha, I got about 9 inches of snow here you can have!  Please take it off my hands, lol!

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2020 at 4:36am

Here in Southern Brooklyn, the storm was a bust.  The total here will probably be less than 6".  This is the kind of thing that lulls people into a false sense of security and get them killed if/when we really do get socked!  Stay safe ViQueen!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2020 at 9:24am

Lol, Witchy, wound up with a foot, with the possibility of more this weekend!

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2020 at 2:35pm

We had snow 2 days this week, just enough to cover the grass both days and it melted in a few hours. Today it's warm enough to run around in short sleeves, 60 degrees and sunny.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 1:43pm

I'm going grocery shopping in the morning and going to restock anything we are out of. I have been going grocery shopping once a week on Sunday morning, I have found it's not crowded at all. There is no way I want to be in the store a day or two before Christmas, typically it's horrible getting groceries. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 5:14am

For sure this is the week to avoid any stores!

--Confucius

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 9:42am

We started using Wal-Mart curb side and its been great.  We order, then they text us when its ready.  On that same text is a button to push when we are on our way and they see a time showing when we will arrive.  When we arrive it says to use the link to say we are there and then asks our car and spot #, then we open our truck and they come load it all in the back and we drive away.  We have had some cancellations of items but not substitutions, so everything has been great.  We may never go inside again!  haha.

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2020 at 1:28am

We used it back in April, May and June. But then I started shopping at a smaller local grocery store. Walmart is 20 miles away for me. When we had to wait 1-1/2 hours for our order the last time that was the end. It was great to start with but went downhill the more times we ordered. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2020 at 5:17am

Look back into it, Penham.  The Walmart by you may have been overwhelmed with business. Things may have changed.  From personal experience, here in NYC there were waits for curb-side pick-up and it was impossible to get a grocery delivery slot after shut down.  Not because grocery services weren't delivering, but because vendors were overwhelmed with orders.  Their logistics failed.  Things began to change after May because they hired more shoppers, enlisted Uber, hired delivery people who would use their own cars and bought more delivery trucks.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic