Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

coup attempt in the US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coup attempt in the US
    Posted: January 06 2021 at 12:39pm

DJ-[url]https://www.rt.com/usa/511734-armed-standoff-house-chamber/[/url] or https://www.rt.com/usa/511734-armed-standoff-house-chamber/ ...[url]https://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2020-55558355[/url] or https://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2020-55558355

I am sure most of us following this-dramatic-news...[url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/flag-atop-west-virginia-state-capital-flying-upside-down-nation-in-destress[/url] or https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/flag-atop-west-virginia-state-capital-flying-upside-down-nation-in-destress HT did mention this would be in DC today...somehow the police/national guard could not stop this ???

This is also breaking news in NL...DJ-Who is supporting this coup ? (CIA ?, rich neo-fascist elite...)

As a reminder the UK variant is spreading in the US-trump started this criminal coup attempt...in the middle of a pandemic...insane !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 2:57pm

Josh it's insane! I've just come home to find my son watching CNN live and they are suggesting that they activate the 25th amendment and remove Trump from office for inciting violence. You seriously couldn't make this stuff up. If this were a screen play scenario being submitted it would be thrown out for being too fantastical. I can't believe what I'm seeing. I wouldn't want to be in the US now. I honestly think they are on the brink of civil war.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 3:23pm

Chumps a DOG.....

But did you really expect anything any different......

He's a FASCIST......it's in his blood Nazi scum....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 3:41pm

πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
AndyPOW View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyPOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 4:37pm

IMO it is all choreographed, and all are playing their parts. The crowd at the Capitol building was small, and could easily be hired to cause problems. The police made little effort to stop them, and little preparation was made in advance. Why in the world would that be? Everyone gets the propaganda they want to read. Once you are emotionally triggered down a particular path it is easy to continue to be manipulated. Hegelian Dialectic. Color revolution. Now is the time to maintain perspective, not get lost in the emotional reactions. Tough times for sure, but resist. Do not take anything in the MSM as the unvarnished truth.

"Every thing looks great, until you think." Dr. Al Bartlett
AndyPOW View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyPOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 4:40pm

Trump is little more than the liberals Obama. What has Trump actually done besides be a rude, boorish person, and give breaks to his corporate and wall street buddies. He ain't fighting no Deep State. He is a trojan horse, a Manchurian candidate. He never questioned the Patriot Act, has not pardoned Assange or Snowden, and the elites have become even more fantastically wealthy in the last 9 months. Has he spoken out about that? He, Giuliani and Lin Wood are all former or current democrats. I can go on all day. . . .

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 4:42pm

Its really a sad time right now for us in the US based on what is going on.  The Trump supporters had advertised for  quite some time they were getting a convoy together to go protest in DC and showed pictures of them lining up their cars to go.  Now they are saying it was the other side pretending to be Trump protestors.  Its just a big mess.  Its embarrassing what other countries see and think of us.  Not to mention the rally Trump he had Monday night in Georgia showed maybe about 20% of people attending wearing masks.  So now they have to worry about a surge there.  Hoping things work out for the best!  Praying for our country!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 5:26pm

Speaking as one of the people in another country:  "Shameful!  Shame on you America for half of you supporting a Mussolini/ Hitler wannabe.  Shame on those listening to four years of hate and division.  Shame on the Republican Party, for chosing that horror to represent you.  Shame on those few Republicans still backing him.

Shame on those who helped perpetuate this charade, those who aided the spreading of lies and the con-tricks which line Trump's pockets.

Shame on those Republicans who voted to keep him in office, after he was impeached.  Proud of your work?  You may have helped the party briefly, but long-term you may have castrated it.  America needs Republicans as well as Democrats.  Only the ballance keeps the power in the hands of the people.  Shame on you!  Who do you think is to blame for the runoffs in Georgia?

Those who wish to do dark deeds first turn off the lights.  Discredit the press and rely on Twitter instead, where you can spread lies and propaganda, without press restrictions and oversight.  Shame on you for letting this happen.

Shame on you America, when a sizeable proportion of your citizens are so badly educated they can't see this.  Education is the life blood of democracy."

I could go on, but I am in tears for America.  "Make America Great Again? "  IT ALREADY WAS GREAT.  IT FOUGHT FOR DEMOCRACY ACROSS THE WORLD.  NOW IT IS LESS SO - AND FIGHTING FOR ITS OWN .

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by AndyPOW AndyPOW wrote:

IMO it is all choreographed, and all are playing their parts. The crowd at the Capitol building was small, and could easily be hired to cause problems. The police made little effort to stop them, and little preparation was made in advance. Why in the world would that be? Everyone gets the propaganda they want to read. Once you are emotionally triggered down a particular path it is easy to continue to be manipulated. Hegelian Dialectic. Color revolution. Now is the time to maintain perspective, not get lost in the emotional reactions. Tough times for sure, but resist. Do not take anything in the MSM as the unvarnished truth.

I'm sure the family and loved ones of the woman shot and killed would agree with you.  

AndyPOW View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyPOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by AndyPOW AndyPOW wrote:

I'm sure the family and loved ones of the woman shot and killed would agree with you.  

It seems the woman was one of those in the mob. What do people think is going to happen in a situation like this?

"Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Ok, told ABC News Live that he saw the shooting happened and allegedly saw police shoot the woman."

Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/capitol-breached-protesters/story?id=75081629

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 6:50pm

It is the duty of every citizen to fight for democracy.

The  mob were misled, by a POTUS who cared more for himself than his country.  They were WRONG, but that is not the same as being to blame.  Yes, they should have checked their facts before rioting, but if you are CERTAIN you are right, you might not do so.

Even if the mob were the source of the trouble, rather than a symptom, she still was a human being.  She had a family, friends and possibly colleagues.  She had a life.

One more death to attribute to the 'Liar In Chief'.  He has quite a total.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 8:14pm

My thoughts on the matter for what they are worth.

Many police nowadays don't seem to operate the way they used to.  Shoot first and ask questions later ever more frequently.  I wonder if the streets are so much more dangerous as compared to before as to justify this.  (Edited later to add, I do not believe that was the case in this instance, after watching video.  If anything, the opposite may be true from what I have heard anecdotally from participants.  I was speaking in general in the last several years, and especially, it seems POC face this reality daily).

I do not believe most everything is a false flag, or anything other than what it appears.  In general, I believe Occam's Razor is the most likely explanation for most occurrences.

To me, Trump is reminiscent of a sickening combination of Adolph Hitler-lite, a mobster, and an escapee from a mental hospital.  He is very obviously mentally ill and a criminal, not just a violator of Emily Post and the Marquis Of Queensberry rules.  History will condemn him and his enablers. 

I believe it is encumbent upon us to keep an eye on Trump.  He is potentially much more dangerous as a private citizen.  He violated the code of conduct for presidents, and was impeached.  His phone call from last week is another violation.  Hopefully some lawyers will tally up all his violations, before, during and after his presidency, and litigate every single one of them.  S-L-O-W-L-Y.  Keep him busy.  And then incarcerated.

With only two weeks to go in his term, I doubt anyone is going to trigger the 25th Amendment to pull Trump out of office.  If they do, there will be questions as to why they didn't do so long ago.  Although some may be surprised at the extent of Trump's spinout, it was not hard to predict the direction he would go.  That was obvious to many from the get-go.  Some of his party will continue to suck up to him.  Many will distance themselves from him, with an eye to their future after this display today.  They are doing so on the Senate floor as I type this.

I'm not clear why the National Guard was not more of a presence.  I heard two references on news coverage tonight.  CBS made a reference to some kind of special rule that before the National Guard could come to the Capitol building, they had to go through a chain of command to OK it.  I was admittedly only listening with half an ear at that point, as I was trying to find out particulars on the Ossoff/Perdue Senate race.  ABC said something about officials pleading with Trump to call them in and he p*ssed around about it.

Nevertheless, the "crowd", for want of a better term, was eventually dispersed,  order was restored, and Congress has gone back to doing the Congressional thing, certifying the electoral votes.  In the end, though today was extremely bad, and reflected horribly upon us, let the world be assured:  America is still America!

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 9:35pm

My thoughts ;

1-L'etat c'est moi (I am the state/country) -[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIV[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIV There is something going wrong in the political proces. Socio-paths get to much power. We had Berlusconi in Italy, Sarkozy in France "in love with themselves" believing they are the axis of the universe...how can it be "trump-likes" get in such high positions...?

2-Some people claim the goal of this "protest"was to create chaos-so "during the crisis you do not switch leaders"-even if the "leader"is causing the chaos...

3-On this madness I follow hal turner-a trump-fanatic; [url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/hard-disks-in-nancy-pelosi-s-offices-downloaded-and-stolen-during-capitol-mayhem[/url] or https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/hard-disks-in-nancy-pelosi-s-offices-downloaded-and-stolen-during-capitol-mayhem in his view-people like him-starting a civil war is heroic-not an act of self destruction...

Yes-like a lot of countries the US is facing crises-climate collapse, a pandemic maybe worse then the Spanish Flu...For me-here in Europe, with some limited knowledge of history empires come and go. For Europe it is high time to stand on our own feet...

For the US one may only hope some wisdom remains in "trump supporters"; yes your democracy needs reforms-but a civil war is not the way to do it...(Most likely there is only a very limited group willing to go that far-disproportianatly...destroying what they claim to love most; their country, democracy).

It was a sad day yesterday...for all of the world-not just the US

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 11:04pm

It is sad, but the news of the four deaths in Washington (one shot in the Capitol, the other three outside as yet unclassified "medical emergencies") is overshadowed by 4.100 deaths yesterday due to Corvid.  

I also wonder (give the sad lack of masks) how many of the demonstrators will come down with covid in the future. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 4:16am

DJ,

[url]https://community.defconwarningsystem.com/threads/usa-military-on-alert-over-trump%E2%80%99s-martial-law.14563/[/url] or https://community.defconwarningsystem.com/threads/usa-military-on-alert-over-trump%E2%80%99s-martial-law.14563/ 

[url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/president-boards-e-4b-command-post-flying-to-nmcc-abilene-tx[/url] or https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/president-boards-e-4b-command-post-flying-to-nmcc-abilene-tx ;

President Trump boarded a "Nightwatch" Boeing E-4b aircraft late this evening and is flying to the National Military Command Center (NMCC) in Abilene, TX.  There are only four such planes in the world.  The E-4b is a Command and Control aircraft to allow a POTUS full, complete, and absolute control over all US Military assets, worldwide.

Word coming out of legal circles is that the Congress is in Washington "Committing Treason" and the President is "headed to the NMCC from where it is all being monitored."  

MORE:

Attorney Lin Wood is stating publicly that what we see taking place is a Coup and what took place at the US Capitol today was  a completely scripted fraud.  He accuses the big shots:

"This entire event at Congress was scripted in order to pull off a coup & overthrow President Trump. A magnificent & wonderful veteran lost her life. How do you feel about Mike Pence & his conspirators now? - Lin"

DJ (I do not agree with HT on his support for trump.) The US is not out of its political crisis yet...[url]https://www.rt.com/usa/511771-trump-pledges-orderly-transition/[/url] or https://www.rt.com/usa/511771-trump-pledges-orderly-transition/ ; Shortly after the electoral votes cast for Joe Biden were counted in Congress, US President Donald Trump said despite his continued insistence that the election was stolen from him, a transition of power will happen on January 20.

DJ-I think trump is not the only one in this "show" there may be some high ranks/financial groups supporting him...[url]https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/leaving-in-style-.html[/url] or https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/leaving-in-style-.htmlteleSUR English @telesurenglish - 22:20 UTC · Jan 6, 2021
See any similarities? Images from Juan Guaidó's attempt to storm Venezuela's National Assembly and today's pro-Trump mobs occupying the U.S. Capitol building, just one year apart.

[url]https://dc.liveuamap.com/[/url] or https://dc.liveuamap.com/ and [url]https://usa.liveuamap.com/[/url] or https://usa.liveuamap.com/

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 4:20am

But there are people who do believe it.  The very same people who stormed the Capitol last night for starters.  Then there's the people who understandably believe Democracy needs reform.  And it does.  However those that believe the only way to change things is the ol' "scorched earth" way of doing things are the main problem.  It's like they're playing 52 pick up because they're losing the game.   

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 8:58am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

It's like they're playing 52 pick up because they're losing the game.   

I have watched nothing else during waking hours since the riot.  That is the best quote yet!  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 9:03am

IMHO Trump is guilty of treason.   That is just my opinion you understand.  

Of course, if impeached and charged, he could always use the defence of insanity; it would be a cast-iron one.  Who in their right mind would argue with that?

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 9:21am

Facebook blocks Trump 'until transition complete'

By James Clayton, Leo Kelion & David Molloy
Technology reporters

Published:  
Related Topics

Donald Trump
image captionDonald Trump addressed protesters via a tweeted video

Donald Trump has been suspended from his Facebook account for at least two weeks - and possibly indefinitely.

It means the president will be unable to post on Facebook and Instagram until after the transition of power to Joe Biden on 20 January. 

The social network had originally imposed a 24-hour ban after his supporters attacked the US Capitol.

Facebook's chief Mark Zuckerberg wrote that the risks of allowing Mr Trump to post "are simply too great".

In a video posted to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, Mr Trump told the rioters attacking the seat of government "I love you" before telling them to go home. He also repeated false claims about election fraud. 

The largest social networks each took action against the president's accounts in the wake of the violence.

Mr Zuckerberg said Facebook had removed the president's posts "because we judged that their effect - and likely their intent - would be to provoke further violence".

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original post on Facebook

He said it was clear Mr Trump intended to undermine the transfer of power to President-elect Joe Biden.

"Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete," he wrote.

Twitter ban

Mr Trump's favoured platform, Twitter, had also suspended the president for 12 hours.

It said it required the removal of three tweets for "severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy".

The company said the president's account would remain locked for good if the tweets were not removed. 

It went on to say that "Future violations of the Twitter Rules... will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account".

Trump noticesimage copyrightTwitter

The 12-hour timer on Mr Trump's account has expired, but he has not yet tweeted again.

But his account now states that three of his tweets are "no longer available because [they] violated" its rules.

The platform only uses this specific notice in cases when account holders have deleted the post themselves.

This indicates that Mr Trump or one of his associates has taken the action demanded to get the account restored.

When asked whether it had extended its original 12-hour block, a spokeswoman for Twitter said: "We're continuing to evaluate the situation in real-time, including examining activity on the ground and statements made off Twitter. We will keep the public informed, including if further escalation in our enforcement approach is necessary."

'I totally disagree'

Dan Scavino, White House director of social media, has used his own account to publish a statement on the President's behalf.

"Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," it quoted Mr Trump as saying.

"I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!"

Snapchat also stopped Mr Trump from creating new posts, but did not say if or when it would end the ban. YouTube also removed the video. 

His supporters stormed the seat of US government and clashed with police, leading to the death of one woman.

The violence brought to a halt congressional debate over Democrat Joe Biden's election win.

In the House and Senate chambers, Republicans were challenging the certification of November's election results.

media caption"We will never give up, we will never concede", Trump tells supporters

Before the violence, President Trump had told supporters on the National Mall in Washington that the election had been stolen. 

Hours later, as the violence mounted inside and outside the US Capitol, he appeared on video and repeated the false claim.

He told protesters "I love you" and described the people who stormed the Capitol complex as "patriots".

YouTube said it had removed the video because it "violated policies on spreading election fraud".

Twitter initially did not take down the video, instead removing the ability to retweet, like and comment on it and another tweet.

However, it later removed them, and suspended the outgoing president.

media captionJoe Biden: The scenes of chaos at the Capitol do not reflect a true America, do not represent who we are

YouTube already had a policy to remove fake news about mass election fraud, which it applied to the president. 

The march was partly organised online, including on Facebook groups and pages. 

Facebook said it was looking for and removing content that had incited or supported the storming of Capitol Hill. 

media captionWhen a mob stormed the US capitol

Canadian e-commerce software provider Shopify has also taken action against the president.

It took stores run by the Trump campaign and Trump Organization offline, saying its rules prohibited retailers from supporting those who promoted violence.

"As a result, we have terminated stores affiliated with President Trump," it told the Wall Street Journal.

Source:   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55569604

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 10:34am

My understanding is that they could impeach him and remove him, and then trigger some proviso in the law that says he cannot run again.  It would be well worth the price of admission.  I still think not terribly likely, but if they are going to do it, they should do it now, while the Republicans are acting ashamed and guilty and are more likely to act to remove Trump.  I don't think they will, though, because I imagine they would like to preserve the illusion for the MAGAs that Trump could run again in 2024.  Hopefully enough Republicans have seen through him and won't buy his circus a second time.  I hope there are enough Republicans who respect true Conservatism at least that much.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

IMHO Trump is guilty of treason.   That is just my opinion you understand.  

Of course, if impeached and charged, he could always use the defence of insanity; it would be a cast-iron one.  Who in their right mind would argue with that?

You're not wrong on that one!

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 12:55pm

I think this whole fiasco has highlighted a major flaw in the American democratic process and that is the absurd rule that the sitting president remains president for a couple of months after the election results are in. It's ridiculous. Certainly in NZ and in the UK, and probably everywhere else in the world, on election day, the old president / prime minister leaves office and the new one picks up the reins. 

Trump seems hell bent on being as disruptive as he can to make a huge mess for Biden to pick up. If he had been forced by law to leave office as soon as the result was in then he wouldn't have had the opportunity to do this. 

Biden should seriously think about changing the law so this cannot happen in future.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 1:04pm

The situation in the US right now is highlighting the global phenomenon which is that of the populist politician. The person who tries to appeal to the disenfranchised majority. This happens where the gap between the rich and poor grows too wide. Interestingly the size of this gap has been indicated as a factor that has led to societal collapse throughout history. 

There are too many decent hard working people who are struggling financially to make ends meet through no fault of their own, and they are being bombarded with images of people with extreme excess and untold wealth and, as a result, these people are feeling the unfairness of it all. When you can't get on the property ladder despite 2 incomes, something is seriously wrong with society. 

The rise in the populist vote has been causing ripples in democracy across the world for the last 5 years or so and I'm amazed that politicians don't seem to be addressing the imbalance and that they don't seem to realise what a huge threat this is to society as a whole. 

Globally we are only a couple of steps away from societal collapse, revolt and anarchy.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 1:06pm

YEP!

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 1:58pm

The difference between the UK,NZ,and AU,in government change is,the whole administration  changes in the USA,where as in the UK you have Sir Humphrey's

Also in America  you have mass mental illness.......

The tools have absolutely  no idea what they have made America  look like......

Bunch of backward rednecks.....put brown shirts on them they already have the Fuhrer heil Chump.......scum dogs........

Marcus Aurelius
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 4:37pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Also in America  you have mass mental illness.......

I know you posted this to be snarky... but you're not far off on that.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 5:55pm

I work with some very anti American folks,

Believe it or not,I have always tried to defend the USA to these people,but now they are saying ....

.see that's what they are like....

This very morning things started to get heated when it was said "it's the end of democracy"....

I said No it's proving democracy works Joe Biden will become president.....

But the big problem here is ,from now on you will have a third player in US politics.....Trump.....

The Republicans will disavow him ,he will set up his own party........

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 7:31pm

I know a huge cohort of American-haters.  Usually I defend Americans too.  

My arguments became more difficult and started to sound hollow when Trump assumed power.  It has been hard to defend those who voted for him.

But as I have said before.  Germans are nice people, yet once upon a time they voted for Hitler.

Most Russians are lovely, yet they supported Stalin (bigger death count than Hitler).

One of my closest friends is Chinese and I find them wonderful and loveable, yet Mao out performed Trump, Stalin and Hitler all put together for the head count of dead.

If you go down the road of believing that we are all guilty when we follow someone in good faith, then we are all dammed - every one of us - and there is no escape.  

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 9:34pm

The bottom line is that we don't vote for the general good, we vote for ourselves. We listen to party manifestos and if we relate to them, share their sentiments or feel they will make our own individual life better, we vote for them. I am happy to vote for rich people to be taxed more, it won't affect me and it might so some way to helping out poorer folk. My rich retired neighbours on the other hand, probably voted National because they promised not to increase taxes for the rich. The irony of that is that my neighbours have a great deal of money and really wouldn't notice it, but the notion bruises their ego and challenges their idea of what's fair. 

I don't blame people for voting for Trump because many of those who did were from low income, low educated backgrounds. I say many, not all. The educated ones should have known better, but for the dumb, poor, no hopers the promise of winding back the clock and making America great again was too inviting. Despite the promise of the American dream, many people are born into poverty, and spend the rest of their lives in it. 

If I was president the very first thing I would do is introduce universal health care. I don't believe you can be civilised without it. Afterall, if you don't have it you're effectively telling your citizens that no one cares if they are ill or injured or if they die young. A national health system at least starts to redress the balance and treats everyone as equal.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 11:49pm

I vote for [url]https://www.partyfortheanimals.com/en/?lang=en-US[/url] or https://www.partyfortheanimals.com/en/?lang=en-US in NL for three reasons;

1-They will remain small, will keep their ideas

2-I like most of their basic ideas (If I dive into them I may stop liking them..)

3-Other parties are even worse...

The US election system goes back to when most travel was by foot or boat, electing a president in november-to have him/her starting the job in january is "not very clever"..

Electors is stead of a multi-party one (wo)men one vote system ends up in a two party dead end street. Marketing to get most of the votes instead of views, principles become the main thing. 

If I could vote in 2016 and had to choose between h.clinton (in my opinion a war-criminal) and trump (a fraud) I would have voted for trump. In 2016 clinton did get most of the votes, trump did get most of the electors...how bad can it get...

Inside the democrats Bernie Sanders-in my opinion-had good ideas but by a "party-putsch" was put aside...to make room for the elite.

The US is NOT a democracy-money rules...it is a democrazy...not even the goal of "representhing"anyone-just get reelected..

On the "Capitol" siege, many questions...why did capitol police open the gates to let "demonstrators"in ? Was there no under cover police in that demonstration-no surveilance ? How did communications go...why there was no back up ? 

It reminds me of other "demonstrations"welcomed by the west in Minsk-Belarus, Hong Kong, Tehran-Iran, Venezuela...at least part of it was orchestrated, organized for a certain goal...Yes, trump is a sociopath...his ego is larger then planet Earth-but somehow he became the US president..

From [url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/after-congressional-treason-one-small-hope-remaining[/url] or https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/after-congressional-treason-one-small-hope-remaining (I totally disagree with his views but he may be able to tell what will be next..);

Yesterday Trump released a video that contained a “proclamation to disperse.” This was the video in which he told everybody to “go home in peace.”  Trump’s proclamation to disperse is a necessary legal step before invoking the Insurrection Act.

This statement, it turns out, is a necessary step to invoke the militia or US armed forces to defend the republic.

10 USC Section 254 is called “Proclamation to disperse” and it explains:

Whenever the President considers it necessary to use the militia or the armed forces under this chapter, he shall, by proclamation, immediately order the insurgents to disperse and retire peaceably to their abodes within a limited time.

That is exactly what Trump did yesterday.

He then boarded Air Force One and flew to a military base in Texas, where he could be safe from any kinetic coup attempt in the swamp of Washington D.C.

DJ-Even if trump would like to be in control of some of the "groups" he is not. Some of the "protestors"are trump-hating nazi's...

Again-we need intel on who is bringing these groups together ? Who is financing them to have weapons and transport ? Is it organized crime looking for nuclear weapons ? 

trump is just a small part of an awfull puzzle..

Other question; was trump betting on a confrontation between "peacefull trump supporters" outside the Capitol being attacked by "communist" antifa/BLM-playing his game...ending up with "his supporters"getting inside the Capitol attacking police ? 

Did this make him hesitate to use National Guard-because if Capitol Police did let "demonstrators" (and no doubt provocateurs) in-what role the Nat. Guard would play ? A "Nero" out of controlling his own "show" ? 

~Albert Einstein
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 2:15am

It seems to have gone up one more stage.....one of the Capitol policemen has died from injuries during the occupation.  

The killing of a Federal Officer guarding Congress and the Senate is very serious.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55583264

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 11:00am

Josh, although some Republican officials and talk show hosts were quick to blame the goings-on in DC on Antifa, so far, there has been no evidence of Antifa or left-wing groups, whereas there was plenty of evidence of the right-wing politics of participants -- they outed themselves on social media.  This would include former Representative Rick Saccone of right here in PA; newly-installed House Of Delegates member Derrick Evans from WV; Jake Angeli, AKA The QAnon Shaman; and Richard "Bigo" Barnett.  These people are all well-known to skew far to the right.  The FBI and other organizations in the US are investigating feverishly, and I am very sure that if there is any provable involvement from the left wing, it will be gleefully blasted far and wide by Breitbart, Limbaugh, Hannity, et al.

There is some anecdotal and video evidence which I have seen that the crowd did have some abetting and "benign neglect" from the police.  As for Trump, he is a Paranoid Malignant Narcissist drama queen.  He thrives on attention, drama and chaos.  This is part of his personality disorder/mental illness and is to be expected.  37 mental health professionals and his niece, a psychologist, predicted everything he has done some time ago and no one listened.  Why are we surprised?

KiwiMum, your remarks are very astute and thought-provoking.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 7:32am

This should be in humor.  I appologise, I could not resist it.  It would have been even funnier if it had been Hilary.

Oh, and an update on Twitter.  Deleted permanently for breaking their rules. 

For anyone who thinks this is an infringement of free speech, Trump curtailed it in the public arena, with his censure of the press.  

But twitter is privately owned.  What I shout on the street is free speech, what I shout in my neighbours garden, is his choice to tolerate - or ask me to leave.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 8:23am

Techno, do you remember 4 years ago when you posted this?  it was in a thread called "What Have You Done, America?"

Prescient as all hell, wasn't it?  It's worth a trip back in time to examine that thread.  So much in there was predicted by several contributors, and came true.  I miss Satori.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 8:43am

"Inside the democrats Bernie Sanders-in my opinion-had good ideas but by a "party-putsch" was put aside...to make room for the elite".

i don't think it was to make room for the elite, Josh, but for the more mainstream.  Many Americans, including Democrats, have an allergy/fear to anything/anyone that smacks of socialism.  With Sanders being a Democratic Socialist, it was felt he would not get enough of the vote to win the election.  Defeating Trump was job one, and they picked the candidate most likely to unite the Democratic Party and accomplish that objective.  Sanders as a candidate resonated more with me than any of the other candidates, and I voted for him in the primaries this spring.  But when I voted for President in the general election in November, and voted for who I wanted a delegate to elect, I voted for Biden.  And that is why.  There may come a time in the future when America might embrace socialism enough to elect a Bernie Sanders type, but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future or even in my lifetime.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 9:36am

Thank you for the vote of confidence, ViQueen.  My computer has a tiny screen and my internet connection will not support anything in HD.  So I can't actually read the post of mine you refered to.  So could you post a link, please? 

My actual crystal ball is not working.  If your post refered to Trump, it was not prescience, just a tenuous grasp of the main sweep of history.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 11:00am

Here you go, Techno:

https://www.avianflutalk.com/what-have-you-done-america_topic36136_post262432.html?KW=#262432

The whole thread is only two pages long.  Scroll most of the way down page 2 where you posted and you included this link:  https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/donald-trump-mental-illness-narcisissm-us-president-psychologists-inauguration-crowd-size-paranoia-delusion-reality-a7552661.html

There were a good many things said by several contributors that were accurate and prescient.  And it's a shame more people didn't listen to the folks in your link four years ago when it appeared.  We could have all been spared alot of trouble.  I'm sure alot of senators wish now that they had voted differently last year when Trump was impeached and they had a chance to remove him from office, as you indicated upthread!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 12:47pm

Thank you VQ.  The whole thread was interesting in retrospect.  The writing was on the wall back then, where 3 of our members were already persuaded by the Trump-lies.

On the whole our membership are very smart.  This should have warned us more than it did.

I miss Satori too.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 1:57pm

Thanks for that ViQueen.......

I hate to say it but we are a wise lot.......

Chumps been a w...ker a long time i just dont know why people  couldnt see it.......

Maybe all lead sheltered lives.........

All taken  in by a Snake oil   salesman........who rode on Mr Obama's shirt tales........

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE  ORANGE  FACED CLOWN.....

Let's not forget the reason chump  wanted to be president.........

https://youtu.be/HHckZCxdRkA

Lmfao 

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 2:49pm

My mother always said to me: "Constant repetition is a form of hypnosis."  Not only was she right, but all wannabe dictators know this too.

Goebels said something on the lines of: "If you repeat the lie often enough,  people will believe it."

There is a guy called "John Smith" spouting right wing propaganda on medium, he says: "The lower your IQ, the sooner you believe the REPETITION lies. "  He is Anti Democrat and a believer in conspiracy theories himself.  But I could not resist quoting that one.  On that point alone, I agree with him;  that is what makes me so surprised some of our forum members believed the TTS (Trump Twitter S**t).  I honestly believed our membership too smart for that one; silly me.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph-goebbels-on-the-quot-big-lie-quot
https://medium.com/@johnsmith_64114/repetition-is-the-best-form-of-hypnosis-over-time-7f6bf3c1d051

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 3:24pm

This is either the worst time for levity (bad taste) or the best (cheer you up).  

For me, it is just too irrisistable.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 9:45pm

Techno; at least that was a new record for trump-losing the election twice...  !

[url]https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/democrats-use-capitol-incident-to-suppress-political-disagreement.html[/url] or https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/democrats-use-capitol-incident-to-suppress-political-disagreement.html and 

[url]https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/by-calling-trump-supporter-terrorists-joe-biden-will-likely-create-some.html[/url] or https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/01/by-calling-trump-supporter-terrorists-joe-biden-will-likely-create-some.html 

In my opinion trump is not the real problem, just a symptom of the problem. It is also not "just" a US problem. Politics out of contact with the voters, under control of lobbyists and "big finance"....

I would like to see the US democrats making the US more democratic-in my opinion that would mean better access for ALL to education, healthcare, housing, much less income inequality, less wars, ...

Brexit, trump, populist demagogues have a chance where "normal" politics fail....

~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 1:25pm

The Guardian: Schwarzenegger rebukes Trump and compares Capitol riot to Kristallnacht.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/10/capitol-riot-schwarzenegger-rebukes-trump-kristallnacht

Good on you Arnold.,.....

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 3:38pm

English is not his first language?    Wow!  That was eloquent.  Go Arnie!  We want you back!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 8:09pm

The problem, Josh, is that the Democrats have to have cooperation from the Republicans.  But for a good many years now, there has been nothing but gridlock and power plays from.both sides.  The last stimulus bill is a great example.  It took 7 months to get passed through both houses of Congress.  A few members of Congress, for example Senator Olympia Snowe and to some extent, Senator Pat Toomey, who's leaving at the end of his term in 2022, have said they left/are leaving for that reason.

And most Americans are not politically savvy, in my experience, and how no real interest in being.  They're more interested in sports and pop culture.  Many don't watch the news, and get their news from social media, which because of its algorithms, is just an echo chamber once it knows a person's likes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic