Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America
    Posted: January 19 2021 at 3:22pm

Just like to wish America,

and ALL Americans the very best of wishes on this Great  Day.....

And the very best of luck to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.....(they sure have a hard  job to do )

I think America is in good hands now......

take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

PS.

It's not if you win or lose its how you play the game ,and how gracious you are in defeat.....

Manners maketh a MAN.......

Nuff said......

πŸ˜‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 4:07pm

Ditto.

Class will out.

The scene at the reflecting-poolside in Washington DC tonight was simple, dignified, tasteful and poignant.  It was also desperately needed.

I do not know how much comfort it will offer the bereaved, but at least it showed them someone cared.  To lose those you love is a very personal, unique pain, you suffer it alone.  But, although they cannot share your grief, having someone echo it and say they care, does help a little.  Like the way being alone can be very dark, but a phone call brings a little light - however briefly.  Flowers survive short periods without light, but not long ones.  

Personally  (and I am embarrased at how shallow this is on my part)  I just feel relieved there was no neon, gilt, expansive gestures, insults or boasting.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 5:00pm

I'm still watching to see if there is trouble in Washington. I'm relieved that they vetted all the troops to see if they had any dangerous far right leanings. The next 48 hrs will be key. Let's hope it passes without incident. 

I do think that since Trump is now in the process of impeachments, that any pardons he makes (along with any other decisions) should be declared null and void.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 5:38pm

I can't see that happening under American law, KiwiMum, but you are morally right.  BANG ON THE NAIL in fact!

Even more than the need for some accountability for Trump himself, I wish the Republican party would wake up to how toxic he is.  There might be some advantages to backing the Trump camp in the short term.  But the legacy of his divisions, racism, and countless other deviations from morality, law and even societal norms, will do untold damage to them over time and, whereas I would (given the opportunity) have voted Democrat both this and last time, I see the value of the Republican party.  America actually needs them.  

Conservative values put the brakes on the advancement of society.  This might sound terrible, but it is not.  Reform and development is needed and good for a country, but if it goes too fast, it can bring disaster in its wake.   Conservative policies also help genarate finances for a country.  They are admittedly very selfish in sharing that wealth, but without them it is not generated at all.  Finally, an opposition to any sitting government keeps said government on its toes, makes it accountable to the people and prevents 'loony fringe' deviations from sanity.

Left wing policies become opressive, intrusive and lead to Dictatorship or Oligarchy.

Right wing policies become repressive, callous and lead to Dictatorship or Oligarchy.

Muddled middles do less damage and although they progress slowly, they do progress.

So Republican politicians are necessary,  just not Trumpian ones.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2021 at 6:02pm

I do think the vote to impeach should be a 

Private vote ,to protect the congressional members from retribution........

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 2:27am

ABSOLUTELY, Carbon!!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 9:26am

Joe Biden is president.  It is done.  Hallelujah!

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 3:24pm

And that's how America should be!

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

And that's how America should be!

Well that pretty much is my family....

All mixed up.....

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 4:43pm

Mine too!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 6:55pm

It was a beautiful sight!

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 7:24pm

To friends around the world....thank you for your lovely sentiments and best wishes!!  

America has long come to the aid of our friends and allies....after a bit of a hiatus, I am hoping for great things. 

Now, we have a bit of a virus problem we have to deal with!  Good news is that RNA based vaccines open a whole new chapter in the war against microbes.  

Be safe, God Bless and thanks for your wishes!!  Cheers, Chuck in AZ 

CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 7:19am

It is simply lovely to see "The protector of the free world" back out of the hands of a lunatic.

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 9:29am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

It is simply lovely to see "The protector of the free world" back out of the hands of a lunatic.

It's an amazing relief to be out of the hands of a lunatic! First thing I did this morning was ask Alexa "who is the president of the United States?" Such a relief to hear Joe Biden and confirm yesterday was not a dream!

Lots of hard times still ahead, but at least competent people are in charge now. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic