Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Will you have the vaccine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 10:04am

I've had the 1st dose of the moderna vaccine.  I had a little mild soreness at the injection site the next day. Otherwise, it was a piece of cake.  I have had a lot of serious health problems this year.    I will admit to being a bit nervous about it at the time, but I refused to allow rumors and facebook posts from questionable sources influence my decision.  I'm really happy with my choice.

I now feel comfortable visiting my 85 year old dad, who has had both injections.  I worry less about accidentally infecting my residents.  I may actually return to shopping in stores, which will save me money.  It may also help the environment and local economy,  since I will depend less on amazon and shipping to acquire products that may be available locally.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2021 at 12:34pm

A friend of mine had the vaccine (I'm not sure which one) in Feb. Two days later she woke up to find she had lost the use of her right arm. It's completely dead. She's just been diagnosed with Parsonage Turner Syndrome, which if you google it, says it's an autoimmune disease that has a sudden onset normally due to some trigger - such as a vaccination. There's no cure. She's 53 years old and is devastated and in severe pain. Make of it what you will.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2021 at 8:25am

From that I draw the conclusion that the pro-vaccine lobby lies as well.  Both sides of the argument do.  NO MEDICAL PROCEDURE IS WITHOUT RISK and a vaccine (as it goes into the body) classifies as an invasive medical procedure.

The anti-vax lobby lies too, probably far more, but neither side is above at least twisting the truth.

Comparing the risks from both sides ('And both sides DO carry risks!) getting the vaccine is still a very good idea.  Parsonage Turner Syndrome*  is rare, far rarer than long covid.  PTS is also temporary, whereas some cases of long covid involve permanent neurological damage.

I would not be surprised if the vaccines kill a few people; however the disease kills millions.   

In conclusion, I have no real worries over getting the vaccine (any of them) but fear the virus considerably.  

Having said that, I do wish the medical profession was more honest about the (admittedly tiny) risks.  I can see that the other side of the argument's proponents lie as well, but I expect that from the unregulated.  Getting lied to by the professionals, even by omission, greatly annoys me!  It makes me feel as if I am assumed to be so stupid I can't do simple arithmatic.

* 'Acute brachial neuritis'  https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/parsonage-turner-syndrome/

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2021 at 12:20pm

She had the Pfizer vaccine.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2021 at 3:12pm

second dose of prizer today at 10:15 mountain time so 5 hours later and no issues!!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 5:11am

Sister in law in UK had pfizer felt very ill after,sore swollen arm,she is 50 years old ,

I said before my Mom and her sisters all over 85 had pfizer all ok no problems......

Take care all ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 2:47pm

Folks, I am an expert in vaccines and vaccination....there are some truly nasty vaccines in the world (smallpox being one), but any of the vaccines being offered for COVID-19 are extremely safe and effective! 

The use of messenger RNA instead of a killed or attenuated organism (i.e. polio, influenza etc.) is unique.  We are immunized with a tiny bit of genetic coding that stimulates our own cells to produce ONLY the immunogenic coronavirus surface spike protein, which the body will learn to recognize and then neutralize with antibodies and immune response cells.  

All of them seem very safe, my wife and I received both doses of the Moderna vaccine, but I would have accepted anything, even Sputnik V from Russia!!  Johnson & Johnson is a nice breakthrough for a one-shot version, and we will certainly have boosters in the near future to ensure a strong immune response and immunity to rapidly evolving strains.  

PLEASE GET WHATEVER VACCINE YOU CAN, AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!   Believe me, you do NOT wish to catch even a mild form of this virus.  Be safe and cheers, Charles the DrPH

CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 10:20am

Well, Technobrat and I got the Astra-Zenica jab.  

It is too early to draw conclusions, but it could have been water in the jab, for all the reaction I have so far.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

....there are some truly nasty vaccines in the world (smallpox being one),

I think I'm one of the youngest people alive who've had the smallpox vaccine. I was given it as a new born baby because we travelled a lot. Interestingly I've been seeing an alternative medicine therapist for the last year to help combat an allergy I have and in her initial assessment of my state of health, she handed me a list of all the vaccines I've had - the machine she was using identified them - and they showed up because I've literally had every vaccine going including yellow fever, typhoid, smallpox, hepatitis a and b, meningitis, you name it, I've had it. I remember on one trip to Africa in the late 70s, as a young child, being jabbed in each arm and each leg all on the same day. That night we had to have our clothes cut off us because our limbs were too painful to move.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 2:40pm

I envied you the smallpox (Mum would not let me have it and now it is no longer available.)  but that is horriffic!  

I don't envy you that!

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 5:47pm

Hey everyone. Roni From Colorado reporting 2nd dose of Prizer 2 days ago with no negative side effects.  I had a little bit of a headache but advil knocked it out.  I am fully vaccinated and 2 weeks away from hopefully being immune (fingers crossed).  Good luck to everyone getting theirs and stay safe!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 8:24pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

I envied you the smallpox (Mum would not let me have it and now it is no longer available.)  but that is horriffic!  

I don't envy you that!

I've been vaccinated against smallpox twice!!  Once when young (I was born in 1955), and once before I traveled to Africa in 1979 (it wasn't officially declared eradicated at that time). 

The smallpox vaccine is based on a live virus, vaccinia, which is actually the old "cowpox" virus that Jenner first used!  When we are vaccinated, we have a small but very active viral infection at the inoculation site, and this sheds living virus for a brief time. 

Our US servicemen & women were given many doses of smallpox prior to invading Iraq, as there was concern that Saddam had a lot of weaponized smallpox (we never found any).  Because of this, some servicemen ended up transmitting the virus to family members, even as an STD!   This is interesting;

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5925a2.htm

The risk of anyone obtaining smallpox (variola virus) is very small, as nearly all stores have been destroyed except for a few research samples kept in the US and Russia.  However, very old frozen lab samples of smallpox have shown up on occasion, and since smallpox has a whopping 50% fatality rate, it is considered the worst of potential bioterrorism agents, so we are always alert for it in society.   I don't lose much sleep over smallpox, I have other more pressing concerns! 

CRS, DrPH
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2021 at 1:50am

It looks as if I will have a loooooooooooong wait as I am healthy and under 70 years old!   The latest news regarding Finland is "vaccinations for non-at-risk adults could begin in late June or early July. "

I am still checking almost daily to see in my wife can get vaccinated, but she is in Risk Group 2 (for asthma), and our local community is still working on Risk Group 1.  The trouble for small communities is the vaccine comes in batches of 1,000, involving a lot of logistic work to make sure it is not wasted.

One good news is that as time goes on more people are saying that they plan to get vaccinated.

ps. I also have the scars on my left arm from the smallpox vaccination.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2021 at 6:33am

Quick update:  Astra Zenica jab.

Technobrat and I both had some unpleasant reactions on the second day (headache, chills, temperature and joint pain)  It lasted one day for me and two for her.

I have conjunctivitis today.  I can't tell if this was the jab or not, as I occasionally get conjunctivitis from allergies.  It took longer than usual to clear.  Under normal circumstances, my recurrant case goes away if I go back to sleep for a couple of hours.  It is receding now, but the 'cure' failed this time.

My arm never got sore; Technobrat's still hurts a bit.

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2021 at 9:58am

Hi Everyone...I'm in Florida (FWIW). My 84 year old mom received the Pfizer vaccines (1/29 & 2/19) - her arm was a bit sore from the 2nd one, but other than that she felt fine. Our neighbors (both over 65 yo) also received the Pfizer vaccines and had no issues (hubby felt a bit achy after the 2nd dose - but only for a day). My hubby and I are under 65 but qualified as 'extremely vulnerable' due to underlying health issues and received our 1st dose (Pfizer) on 3/10. He was totally fine - I had injection site soreness/swelling/redness that lasted a couple of days but beyond that, nothing. Our 2nd doses are scheduled for 3/31. 

Prior to the pandemic, my mama would have two of her 'little old lady friends' come over a few times a week to play cards. One of her friends' 2 week window ends this week - and they cannot wait to get together and play cards again.  Social isolation on the elderly has been really, really hard.  

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2021 at 1:09pm

Hi LCfromFL, I couldn't agree more about the social isolation. And not just on the elderly. I have some young cousins in the UK who are thoroughly depressed from the isolation. I feel that the draconian enforcement of isolation seen in care homes is tantamount to false imprisonment. Surely these homes have overstepped their boundaries and removed all civil rights from the elderly. I could understand it if the staff were isolated with the residents, but they're not. They still get to go home and to the shops and every day they risk bringing the virus into work with them. What's the difference then between allowing the staff to come and go and allowing relatives to visit on occasion? In my mind it's an abuse of power.

Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2021 at 1:56pm

I fear that we will be reaping the consequences of this isolation for decades to come.  

It is so hard to find the balance between maintaining mental health and physical health.  Isolation affects everyone, of every age, and I am afraid that we haven’t begun to see the side effects of it yet.

AndyP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2021 at 7:24am

41M, had the 1st shot Moderna yesterday. My arm is a little sort at the injection site and I am a little drowsy. Also have a little bump on the top of my right hand, but I think it's from using the mouse/computer a lot yesterday. 

If you're in the US and go on CVS.com, you can schedule an appointment there. I put down that I was in the 16+ and high risk category, since I recently had a positive Lyme diagnosis. Nobody asked for any more documentation when I went to get the vaccine. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 3:37pm

My Mom  85yrs,had second dose ,I'm guessing pfizer ,as she had that 1st,

This time she says bit aching in arms and legs and site of jab,

Lasted 24 hours she took Panadol went to bed ,ok next day....

Take care all ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 1:59am

I had my second dose of the Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago.  I actually had a noticeable immune response to it beyond a sore shoulder for a day.  The afternoon of my injection, I felt a wave of heat, like maybe I was starting to get feverish.  It lasted 10 - 20 minutes.   I was working, and I did not have time to stop and take my temperature until I was completely back to normal.  

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 3:56am

From an EU country.  I still have no idea of when I will be offered a vaccination.   My wife, who is in Risk Group 2 (for asthma) but under 65, is also still not eligible, but should have her first dose by the end of May.

Although badly hit by the spread of the virus, both the US and the UK seem to have done well in vaccination production.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 3:09pm

Our vaccine rollout seems to be a disaster......

I say seems because I'm not sure if it's by incompetence or by  design......

By design I mean on purpose,

We have it under control and economy is good,I think other countries are more in need so maybe it's going elsewhere !!!!! Not sure yet time will tell.....

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 3:35pm

ABC News: Scott Morrison abandons target to have all Australians vaccinated against COVID-19 by the end of the year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-11/scott-morrison-abandons-covid-19-vaccination-target/100061998

And there's only 20 million of us ...!!!!!!

Can't be that hard......

Marcus Aurelius
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 7:09am

Our state, Oklahoma, has done well getting the vaccines out there. I got my 1st one in January, 2nd in February. I got Pfizer, no reaction from the 1st, 2nd I was tired for about 24 hours. Pretty much any one that wants the vaccine can get one. 

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 9:05pm

Vaccines can be good. They can also be very dangerous. The Covid Vaccines don't have sufficient test data to rule them safe in my opinion. Take AstraZeneca and their blood clotting deaths as an example. 

Also amazingly. The drug companies were given special government dispensation for this very problem. Essentially if they kill or harm you they can't be sued. This is an obvious admission from the government and drug companies that they consider the vaccines risky.

How about some data... because I know how much you all love to read the data.

The CDC has a system where you can research vaccine adverse events (and report them). Vaccine Adverse Reporting System (VAERS)

https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

I don't know exactly what this data means, but when your in the coal mine and your canary drops dead...

PS: I'm not in a risk category, I won't be taking the vaccine

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 10:26pm

Cobber-the statistic you show corresponds with being in a pandemic. Yes the number of deaths goes up. Yes some of those deaths did use medication. But also if there was no pandemic a lot less of the medication would be used-so you would not see such an increase...

Another point-governments taking responsabilities from commercial companies for the risks from their products. I think it is "far from the best deal" for the general public. A political choice. "We" are pushing billions of tax payers money to very rich big pharma companies-increase their wealth-but also WE have to take the risks for the products...

Since this is a global crisis Big Pharma should be taken over by the government. Big Pharma is not only making vaccines, also tests, medication used on ICU etc. Profit should be excluded as much as possible in this pandemic...(maybe suddenly Ivermectin would get on top of the list...so Big Pharma gets out of government control to go for their main goal-profit. They are NOT a charity !!!).

In NL the health minister made the claim AZ/O vaccine did give clotting problems in 1 in 25,000 persons (most HCW-ers 20-60 y/o a lot of them female). International that risk is believed to be less then 1 in 100.000. There is no "risk-free" vaccine...

I would love to be vaccinated ASAP ! Most vaccines are very much safer then going into traffic ! 

The lack of international coordination-or any coordination-in vaccines increases risk of vaccine escape. The global approach of this pandemic is a show of utter stupidity...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 10:50pm

Our tv news last night had a piece on the blood clots associated with a couple of the vaccines. The figures they showed were.

For 100,000 people vaccinated              0,65 will have blood clots.

For 100,000 people with covid-19 16,500      will have blood clots.

I am willing to risk the vaccination as the odds of 0.65 v 16,500 seem massively in favour of the vaccination.

ps. my wife just got her first dose (so far no reports of side effects).

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 1:57am

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Vaccines can be good. They can also be very dangerous. The Covid Vaccines don't have sufficient test data to rule them safe in my opinion. Take AstraZeneca and their blood clotting deaths as an example. 

Also amazingly. The drug companies were given special government dispensation for this very problem. Essentially if they kill or harm you they can't be sued. This is an obvious admission from the government and drug companies that they consider the vaccines risky.

PS: I'm not in a risk category, I won't be taking the vaccine

What most people don't seem aware of is that all the current covid vaccines are in the experimental stage. It takes years for a vaccine to pass the safety tests and thankfully this process can't be sped up because it is time that will tell if there are any long term consequences to a particular vaccine. It's one of the reasons why big Pharma has been given exemption from litigation. By agreeing to have an experimental vaccine you are allowing yourself to become a lab rat. 

If the vaccines were similar to the conventional vaccines that we've all been using for years, then I would probably have it, but it's the fact that they are mRNA type vaccines - a type of vaccine that has never been successfully made safe in the past - that is making me nervous. Thankfully here in NZ they haven't got to my age group yet so I haven't had to decide but I'm watching the evidence closely. I'm reminded of thalyidomide and how it was hailed as the wonder drug to stop morning sickness. And it did. It was only 9 months later when the first baby was born without limbs that the alarm was sounded.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 2:14am

KiwiMum-good points ! 

The only reason I'm (now) willing to go for vaccines is that this pandemic is getting out of control in many places. Vaccines may offer some protection. I am already at a certain age-so I may be willing to take some risks...

The best way to stop this pandemic is stopping virus/variants spread. And that did not change-maybe even did get more urgent...Since we do not seem to be willing to stop virus spreading for me vaccines are "plan B"...

I envy those that are now in safe countries-hope you all stay safe ! 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 2:07pm

Today in the UK's The Telegraph newspaper is an article about potentially shutting down streets to stop the spread of variants by asymptomatic Covid sufferers. This is part of the problem with the vaccines. They allow people to still get Covid and to be infectious but they take away some or all of the tell tale symptoms. 

I foresee mandatory testing, much like they've introduced in schools in the UK. I have some young cousins who are required to self test twice a week. Without such testing, the variants will run riot when being spread by people who don't realise they have them.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 3:44pm

Is it the responsibility of the person who is community minded to go get the vaccine,to worry about the person who just doesn't give a damn,and won't wear a mask let alone get vaccinated ??.......

Just asking ......lol

Take care all ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 8:16pm

I've just seen Scott Morrison (Australia's prime minister) who has said that if Australia opens up it's borders, then they will get 1000 cases of Covid a week even if all the vulnerable people had been vaccinated. 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 2:56pm

Compare the numbers and you will see that ANY of the vaccines are a better proposition than the bug.

If you can't do the maths (or can't be bothered to) simply look at all the hospital beds full of covid sufferers and the 'surprising' lack of vaccine-damaged people failing to fill any beds.

The vaccines are NOT safe, but they are massively less unsafe than not getting vaccinated.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Compare the numbers and you will see that ANY of the vaccines are a better proposition than the bug.

If you can't do the maths (or can't be bothered to) simply look at all the hospital beds full of covid sufferers and the 'surprising' lack of vaccine-damaged people failing to fill any beds.

The vaccines are NOT safe, but they are massively less unsafe than not getting vaccinated.

Well I think that depends on a) your current health status and b) your age. There is probably more risk of injury to a healthy, fit, slim 18 year old in having the vaccine than there is in getting Covid and the opposite for an obese, diabetic 70 year old. It's all relative.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 10:41pm

Well I am getting my first shoot this coming Wednesday.  When I have got the shot, I will be given a time slot in exactly 12 weeks with the appointment at the same time of day (11.45 - 11.50)!

Not sure which type it will be, but as Techno said I can look at the maths and would rather a tiny risk than a huge risk.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 1:35am

DJ

[url]https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/general-science-information/vaccines-information/vaccine-news/91914-finland-national-health-dept-suspends-a-h1n1-vaccine-due-to-possible-narcolepsy-connection-other-countries-investigate?view=stream[/url] or https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/general-science-information/vaccines-information/vaccine-news/91914-finland-national-health-dept-suspends-a-h1n1-vaccine-due-to-possible-narcolepsy-connection-other-countries-investigate?view=stream ; (latest activity-this story starts in 2010 !) Narcolepsy type 1 (NT1) is a chronic neurological disorder having a strong association with HLA-DQB1*0602, thereby suggesting an immunological origin. Increased risk of NT1 has been reported among children or adolescents vaccinated with AS03 adjuvant-supplemented pandemic H1N1 influenza A vaccine, Pandemrix.

-

These results thus identify POMT1 as a potential autoantigen recognized by T- and B-cells in NT1.

DJ What I understend of this story on Pandemrix-FluShot that it can cause an auto-immune reaction..

[url]https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/united-states-ab/united-states-covid-19-sars-cov-2-september-13-2020-may-31-2021/912981-next-generation-covid-19-vaccines-are-supposed-to-be-better-some-experts-worry-they-could-be-worse[/url] or https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/united-states-ab/united-states-covid-19-sars-cov-2-september-13-2020-may-31-2021/912981-next-generation-covid-19-vaccines-are-supposed-to-be-better-some-experts-worry-they-could-be-worse ;In the case of Covid, some scientists are concerned that the immune system’s reaction to the vaccines being deployed now could leave an indelible imprint, and that next-generation products, updated in response to emerging variants of the SARS-CoV-2, won’t confer as much protection.

Michael Worobey, who was been involved in groundbreaking research on imprinting with influenza, said he worries the responses to first-generation Covid-19 vaccines will prove to be “a high-water mark” for people’s immune responses to these inoculations...

DJ-For now I would be willing to get vaccinated...but the goal of getting vaccinated is to get protection. With the P1, P3, India-variants increasing-very likely to become dominant within a few months-the present vaccines may not be "good enough" any longer...

So: A -We have to do ALL WE CAN to stop spreading the virus-variants-that has to be the main point !!!

B-Yes vaccines may offer protection. But we are now around 4 months into this vaccine-strategy and maybe 10% of the global population did get vaccinated...It is a "BIG JOB" vaccinating the billions...For now Israel is an indication of good protection=low new cases...I hope they can keep new variants out...

C-New variants like P1, P3, India may be even spreading MORE !!! due to vaccines. Vaccine selection is stopping the milder variants...giving room for other variants..

~Albert Einstein
Liam389 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam389 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 10:23am
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 2:52pm

Welcome Liam389 I think your our first Singaporean on this site ,be great to have your opinion/insight

Take care all ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 10:38am

Finally, my mother and I had our first dose of the Moderna vax Tuesday the 4th.  Wanted to do it sooner, but we were having car trouble, and due to my unemployment benefit year ending, I went two months without receiving my unemployment, so no $ to fix the car, necessitating only short trips.  So I found a pharmacy where we were able to drive a short distance and both get in and receive the shot at the same time.

All went well, and side effects so far have been limited to (extremely) sore arms for both of us, and a slight headache for me.  Second shots are scheduled for June 1.  Looking forward to it!

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 2:36pm

Had my flu jab Wednesday,arm aches like a bas...d!!!!! LoL

C19 booked 15 June,guess it's AZ

Take care all ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 6:05pm

I got the J&J vax today at CVS.   The one-shot is the way to go, for me anyway.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

I got the J&J vax today at CVS.   The one-shot is the way to go, for me anyway.  :)

Hi Albert, long time no see. I really miss the old regulars on here.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 8:40am

Albert, good to see you again...  You are the best, man. 

KOMET163/ME163

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 4:47pm

I (finally) got my first shot.  Moderna.  My second jab is scheduled for May 20th.  This means I'll be celebrating my own personal independence day on June 3rd.  

No reaction at all to the first shot.  Not even a sore arm.  The injection site was slightly sensitive for a day but only if I touched the injection site.    

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2021 at 8:58am

Technobrat and I got the second dose of the Astra-Zeneca yesterday.  Again, she felt like crap and I feel as if they injected me with plain water or saline.  Life is slowly returning to normal here.  We have not relaxed all our precautions, but the bulk of the worry is gone.

Technobrat's best friend lives the other side of Aberdeen, they have seen each other only twice in the last year (we were shielding, so was BFF)  She is off to stay with her (shielding is over for her too - chemo over) for several weeks.   (The full vaccine effect will have kicked in before returning.)

I quite enjoyed the isolation, as I got loads done, but I am heartily sick of it now.  We shall now get some 'life' in before our next lockdown (new variants).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic