Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

looking for an answer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for an answer
    Posted: March 23 2021 at 10:07pm

ABC News: Coronavirus 'long haulers' feared they would never recover. Then they got the vaccine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-03-24/coronavirus-long-covid-could-the-vaccine-cure-it/100023114

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

ME163 has not been vaccinated since he had Covid 19.  The doctor is worried about the new variants and has suggested that we look at the options.
 Jill and Becky. 

CDC recommends the vaccine even in patients who have recovered.  

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

CRS, DrPH
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 7:07am

Thank you Becky and Jill!  Thank you!

You could both join up yourselves you know.  We would love to have you.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 6:13pm

Jill and Becky, 

Thanks for your help.  Yes, after consult with our doctor and our second opinion, ME163 was given the Moderna vaccine.  We are awaiting the second shots and VIcki has also been given her shots. We got ours last month so we are ok.  We are hopeful that we can help ME rehab his arms and legs.  He still has a long way to go to recovery. 

Jill and Becky. 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 4:05am

I also am not medically trained.  

But the medical bods keep telling us that the vaccine makes a better and more long-lasting antibody response than the bug itself.  So I would think it VERY advisable.  The difference between the various vaccines seems to be negligible and there is a small body of evidence that a  'mix-and-match' approach to vaccines is the most effective of all.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 2:19am

Like most other people here I am not a medical person, so I cannot advise properly on the issue, but Ksc posted this in another thread (I am not sure if you have time to read all the threads so I am reposting the link):-

Long COVID patients say they feel better after getting vaccinated. The shot might help people with chronic symptoms https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/2/22308965/covid-vaccine-shots-symptoms-improve-chronic-long-haulers

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 7:11am

ME163 has not been vaccinated since he had Covid 19.  The doctor is worried about the new variants and has suggested that we look at the options.
 Jill and Becky. 

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 4:26pm

Has ME163 already been vaccinated?  The doctor may be going on Moderna "re-tooling" their vaccine for the South African variant.

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 4:03am

[url]https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html[/url] or https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html  The need for and timing of booster doses for mRNA COVID-19 vaccines has not been established. No additional doses beyond the two-dose primary series are recommended at this time. DJ-Lots of considerations...You did not recieve any vaccination but had a Covid19-severe-infection now 9 months ago ? 

Based on that (limited) info without going to give any medical advice (I do not have the knowledge needed) I-based on what is known of the risk of reinfections by variants-would consider a "booster vaccine"-if condition would allow it. 

I'm only saying what my choice would be...others on this forum may give their thoughts-I know it is a hard question when health is far from 100%...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 10:30pm

Our doctor has suggested a moderna vaccine for ME163 as a booster shot.... Do any of you know if this si plausible ? 

ME163, Vicki, Jill and Becky . 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic