Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Headaches starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headaches starting
    Posted: February 25 2021 at 4:54pm

The last week I've been getting these headaches. I googled it and it sounds like a "tension headache." Like the back of my head feels squeezed and it radiates down my neck. 

I've been in the same house with my 82 year old dad for the whole winter. The last few days, just hearing him talk makes my head start aching almost immediately. I have to put my 3M WorkTunes headset on to get some relief.  

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about it. I guess now that it's warming up I'll try to spend less time around him. I've never really had headaches or migranes before, but I guess my brain is just fatigued or something. 

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 8:59pm

I used to do Physical Therapy for Tension Headaches because I have had near daily headaches for the past 12 years, but started having headache issues when I was 9, and am 31 now. One thing we did was have a sort of counter-tension by lying down with that trigger point resting on a tennis ball to allow the tension to release. It was kind of uncomfortable, but it helped. I think that in my case, it is because some of my tension also comes from my face/jaw so it made sense to use the ball. I also try this with a small foam roller. The ball works better imo, but a foam roller can get the job done too. I hope you are able to find relief - my tension happens in a similar location.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 5:01am

I get real bad headache when I haven't had enough fluids,if you stuck inside with heating system  on ,try drinking more.......

Water.....lol 

save the grog till evening.... lol

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 6:54am

It may help to try something like this:

I have one, only mine also has some massage heads for your shoulders and neck.  You could put it on a desk chair and put your headphones on and have some "me" time.  It is what I do when I have headaches or upper back/neck pain.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 11:19pm

I almost got that massage pad actually, but I ended up getting the Sharper Image one from Kohl's. They had a decent sale on them not too long ago. I definitely agree that dehydration headaches are a big thing too.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 9:37am

Yes, they are wonderful in digging out stress and pain from your muscles.  I got one after I sat in the lobby of my local pharmacy and tried theirs for ten minutes.  Felt like a new woman instead of a used dishrag.  I got the model # and went online to find the best deal.  If you can try one out like that, it's the best way.  If not, I guess you just go for what has all the features you want, at the price you're willing to pay, with the best reviews.  But the good ones are invaluable!  And they often do stop tension headaches, for me anyway.  

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic