Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

3rd wave in US. Here we go again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3rd wave in US. Here we go again
    Posted: March 20 2021 at 10:33am
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2021 at 9:54pm

Yep, cases are up in the Burgh and Philly.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 4:03pm

I am thinking he is wrong this time around.  A lot of things play into this.  First, testing isn't happening on a widespread basis as it was before.  Second, people aren't getting as sick and/or going to the hospital as much.  So even if we did have a surge, I am not even sure how it would be detected.  Even my kids school stopped sending emails to families when there are cases.  It just seems that no one wants to even track it anymore.  So my guess is we will not see a big rise like other countries this go around....and I hope I am right!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 5:44am

I think you are right we will not see the rise so much, but it will be there.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 8:51am

With spring break and new variants, I would not be so sure.

I hope you are right.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 10:01am

To clarify, what I meant is that because there is less testing, we will not see the rise as we should.  But it will be there.

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2021 at 1:24am

Covid is here forever, Its now part of our society. Just like the seasonal cold. 

Coronavirus is exceptionally good at varying. There will be new variants every year, and therefore a new vaccine's needed every year. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic