Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Covid deaths rare among fully vaccinated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid deaths rare among fully vaccinated
    Posted: September 18 2021 at 5:05pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2021 at 6:27pm

The Independent: New tool identifies groups most at-risk from Covid after vaccination.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-at-risk-latest-b1922196.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2021 at 6:51pm

Newsweek: Eight Unvaccinated Pregnant Women Die of COVID-19 in Mississippi in Two Months.

https://www.newsweek.com/eight-unvaccinated-pregnant-women-die-covid-19-mississippi-two-months-1630461

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2021 at 10:14pm

Interesting in the last article that they managed to save 12 out of 15 babies from the women who died, even if they were severely premature.  

More of a worry for population numbers is what seems a high number of still-berths from pregnant women with covid-19.   

All this must really tear families apart.     A tragic situation that could largely have been avoided.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 1:07am

Still births happend for a number of years after the 1918 Spanish flu,

A figure not taken into account in the final death toll......

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰πŸ’‰

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 1:56am

Strange then that I know personally know of two fully vaccinated people who died of Covid in the UK. My friend's father 5 days ago, and another friend's mother about 4 months ago. Certainly the father who died had no other medical conditions, was slim and by all accounts, fit and healthy.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 3:12pm

"Those from Indian and Pakistani backgrounds who are vaccinated face the highest risk among ethnic groups."

Carbon: I found this bit very interesting,

Wonders why !!??(amended)

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 10:04pm

It could also be due (or partly due) to social conditions of living closer together.  As has been pointed out elsewhere the viral load is an important factor in how ill one could become, and living close together could help raise the viral load one is exposed to.   It could also include cultural patterns that limit the production of vitamin D from being (or not) exposed to the sun.

So Carbon, it could be a complicated mix of factors, including genetics and numerous social factors. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

It could also be due (or partly due) to social conditions of living closer together.  As has been pointed out elsewhere the viral load is an important factor in how ill one could become, and living close together could help raise the viral load one is exposed to.   It could also include cultural patterns that limit the production of vitamin D from being (or not) exposed to the sun.

So Carbon, it could be a complicated mix of factors, including genetics and numerous social factors. 

Yes your quite correct,any number of factors, vitamin D , would be a big part of that equation.....

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2021 at 9:17am

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Strange then that I know personally know of two fully vaccinated people who died of Covid in the UK. My friend's father 5 days ago, and another friend's mother about 4 months ago. Certainly the father who died had no other medical conditions, was slim and by all accounts, fit and healthy.

If this is the same family you posted about elsewhere, you don't to into any pre-existing conditions relating to the mother, so I assume there were conditions that attributed to hear death.  I think it needs to be restated that a "by all accounts fit and healthy" 70 year old may not have the robust immune system one might suppose by virtue of his age.  It's why vaccine manufacturers are beginning to recommend 3rd doses for seniors six months after the 2nd dose.  Efficacy wanes in older adults faster than those younger with robust immune systems. 

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2021 at 1:30pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

If this is the same family you posted about elsewhere, you don't to into any pre-existing conditions relating to the mother, so I assume there were conditions that attributed to hear death.  I think it needs to be restated that a "by all accounts fit and healthy" 70 year old may not have the robust immune system one might suppose by virtue of his age.  It's why vaccine manufacturers are beginning to recommend 3rd doses for seniors six months after the 2nd dose.  Efficacy wanes in older adults faster than those younger with robust immune systems. 

Both those people were in the UK, and the mother was in her late 60s but I don't know about pre-existing health issues but I do know she was double jabbed. The dad unfortunately died just when the UK government were discussing a third dose but hadn't yet started the roll out. I know believe that they've decided to offer it to all over 50s.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic